encima

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
Hi All, not 100% if this is the right section but I am after a battery with an insanely high capacity.
Ideally, outputting at 5v 1.2A with a capacity of, maybe, 1000Ah or more.

Does anyone know if such a battery exists?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Ah, well if you can figure out a way to wire them in, you may be able to get a fully charged laptop battery to do this. But I don't think there are any off-the shelf items for what you want to do. Factories in China are always making stuff though, check some of the trade sites. I don't recall exactly what it's called, but there is a international trading site setup like eBay where people can order OEM parts from factories.

encima

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011

I want to have some low power single on computers running some basic monitoring. They use around 600mA and Washington hoping for a battery to power them for a few months?

You want a battery to power a computer for a few months, with no external power?

You need something along the lines of a rack of UPS batteries, at least, and don't forget that rechargable batteries slowly discharge over time, so how long you can run the computer off battery power would get shorter over time.

encima

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011

Sorry, I should have explained that better. I have some 'pico' computers about the size of a credit card. They run at about 600mA idling and a bit more at full load. By high capacity, I don't mean anything near the capacity required to run a full desktop for a few months.

I guess it is more equivalent to running a mobile phone for a few months?

Ah, well if you can figure out a way to wire them in, you may be able to get a fully charged laptop battery to do this. But I don't think there are any off-the shelf items for what you want to do. Factories in China are always making stuff though, check some of the trade sites. I don't recall exactly what it's called, but there is a international trading site setup like eBay where people can order OEM parts from factories.

Solution

encima

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011

Thanks, hadn't thought about using a laptop battery but that does seem like the obvious choice. I will take a look.
Thank you, I appreciate the help!