Auto power up

How do I configure my Win XP Home to automaticaly power up at a specified
time?
Bob

This is not part of XP but part of the computer's BIOS. Some computers have
a "wake-up" setting for "Wake on Ring" (modem) or "Wake on LAN" (network).
Some even have a section so as to set up a specific time to "wake up". You
will need to check on your motherboard's info for these settings.

"choppbobby" <choppbobby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I configure my Win XP Home to automaticaly power up at a specified
> time?
> Bob

Thank you.
If I remember ccorrectly some earlier versions of Windows had an automatic
power on feature.
I wonder why XP has chosen to not provide it.
????????
Bob

"Yves Leclerc" wrote:

> This is not part of XP but part of the computer's BIOS. Some computers have
> a "wake-up" setting for "Wake on Ring" (modem) or "Wake on LAN" (network).
> Some even have a section so as to set up a specific time to "wake up". You
> will need to check on your motherboard's info for these settings.
>
> "choppbobby" <choppbobby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I configure my Win XP Home to automaticaly power up at a specified
> > time?
> > Bob

Please elaborate on this "Windows automatic power on feature". If the
computer has no power, the operating system is not running. If the
operating system is not running, it cannot tell itself to start. If you
are referring to the "wake up to perform task" please see Task scheduler
and set up a task for the desired time, in advanced settings select wake
computer, and then place the PC in STANDBY so that it can wake up for
you at the appointed time.

choppbobby wrote:

> Thank you.
> If I remember ccorrectly some earlier versions of Windows had an automatic
> power on feature.
> I wonder why XP has chosen to not provide it.
> ????????
> Bob
>
> "Yves Leclerc" wrote:
>

>>This is not part of XP but part of the computer's BIOS. Some computers have
>>a "wake-up" setting for "Wake on Ring" (modem) or "Wake on LAN" (network).
>>Some even have a section so as to set up a specific time to "wake up". You
>>will need to check on your motherboard's info for these settings.
>>
>>"choppbobby" <choppbobby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>How do I configure my Win XP Home to automaticaly power up at a specified
>>>time?
>>>Bob

TRENDING THREADS