I need to clean up the subdirectory and files in Windows Explore. Is there a
way to generate a report that lists out the subdirectory and the files within
each subdirectory?

At the command prompt

Tree C:\ /F /A > c:\treelist.txt

Then open treelist.txt to read at leisure.

LFox wrote:

> I need to clean up the subdirectory and files in Windows Explore. Is there a
> way to generate a report that lists out the subdirectory and the files within
> each subdirectory?

To display the names of all the subdirectories on the disk in your
current drive, type:

tree \

To display, one screen at a time, the files in all the directories on
drive C, type:

tree c:\ /f | more

Re:-http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/tree.mspx

regards,