Another shopping assistance request

jcy808

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
Hi, I know there are tons of these posts asking for help in picking out an LCD monitor, but my head's about to explode with all the choices and specifications. To make matters worse, I have no stores to shop at for comparison. The few stores here have extremely limited supplies.

Basically, I'm looking for an LCD computer monitor/tv in the widescreen 23" to 26" range with HDCP support and a DVI connection. I don't play any games, but I watch a lot of television and movies, so excellent video playback is essential (no ghosting or artifacts). I'm also a part time student, so the ability to read clear, precise text is a must. Right now, I have a Sony SDMHS73 and alhtough the quality is excellent, the screen is too small.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

the dell 2407fpw might be a good choice. it is the newer version of mine. if it is anything like mine and it should be as good or better then it will be an excellent chioce. i don't know if it has a DVI port but it does have an hdmi. movies look good on my own so like i say it should be good on it as well.

i'm assuming your planning on getting a HD DVD player or have HD televison channels since you want the HDCP support.

jcy808

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
I don't have HD now, but I plan to in the future. Plus, Windows Vista will require a monitor with HDCP support. Just thinking ahead. :)

I'm seriously considering the Dell 2407fpw, but I'm still not sure. I've been searching the net, but not many reviews for 23 to 24 inch LCD monitors include DVD playback testing. Most are geared toward gamers, which I am not.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.