removing xp from one machine so it can be reinstalled on a..

June 22, 2005 4:56:13 PM

with this activation process, you cannot have xp(RETAIL) on more than one
machine. I would like to remove it from one machine and then install in
another. MS tech support told me that this copy of xp cannot get a license
for more than one machine. I wish I knew that before. I would then have put
it on the machine that I want it on now. Can it be removed and then
installed on another nachine? Still only one machine licensed.

jim
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 6:04:53 PM

Jim;
Yes, simply remove Windows XP from the first computer and install it on the
second computer.
This applies to retail and not OEM.
The one computer licensing is nothing new, it has been that way since at
least Windows 95, only now there is an enforcement mechanism.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"lazyringer" <lazyringer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> with this activation process, you cannot have xp(RETAIL) on more than one
> machine. I would like to remove it from one machine and then install in
> another. MS tech support told me that this copy of xp cannot get a license
> for more than one machine. I wish I knew that before. I would then have
> put
> it on the machine that I want it on now. Can it be removed and then
> installed on another nachine? Still only one machine licensed.
>
> jim
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 8:21:26 PM

lazyringer wrote:
> with this activation process, you cannot have xp(RETAIL) on more than
> one machine.

Not true. With the activation process, MS is just trying to stop you
from from doing that. Whether you allow them to enforce their whim in
your home is really YOUR choice, not MS's.

http://microscum.com/mmpafaq/

> I would like to remove it from one machine and then
> install in another. MS tech support told me that this copy of xp
> cannot get a license for more than one machine.

Sounds like MS tech support is trying to trick you into buying a copy of
XP that you don't legally need.

> I wish I knew that
> before. I would then have put it on the machine that I want it on
> now. Can it be removed and then installed on another nachine? Still
> only one machine licensed.

Yes, you can move retail XP as many times as you like.

--
Peace!
Kurt

"Not true..."
But then the OP must ignore the agreement previously agreed.
Perhaps you do not abide by agreements you make, but others may have
integrity.

--

> lazyringer wrote:
>> with this activation process, you cannot have xp(RETAIL) on more than
>> one machine.
>
> Not true. With the activation process, MS is just trying to stop you from
> from doing that. Whether you allow them to enforce their whim in your
> home is really YOUR choice, not MS's.
>
> http://microscum.com/mmpafaq/
>
>> I would like to remove it from one machine and then
>> install in another. MS tech support told me that this copy of xp
>> cannot get a license for more than one machine.
>
> Sounds like MS tech support is trying to trick you into buying a copy of
> XP that you don't legally need.
>
>> I wish I knew that
>> before. I would then have put it on the machine that I want it on
>> now. Can it be removed and then installed on another nachine? Still
>> only one machine licensed.
>
> Yes, you can move retail XP as many times as you like.
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 8:26:14 PM

Jupiter Jones [MVP] wrote:
> Jim;
> Yes, simply remove Windows XP from the first computer and install it
> on the second computer.
> This applies to retail and not OEM.
> The one computer licensing is nothing new, it has been that way since
> at least Windows 95, only now there is an enforcement mechanism.

Since Windows 3.1, or 13 years last April. And not one private
non-commercial individual has been sued let alone found guilty of
anything for installing a MS OS on more than one computer. MS has
demonstrated that it is NOT willing to try to legally enforce its
commercial use terms on any private non-commercial individual.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 8:26:15 PM

Whether Microsoft has sued or not is not relevant.
What is relevant is the EULA agreed.
Not everyone is as willing to dishonour agreements as you would have them to
be.

--

news:o 0%23vmi2dFHA.2984@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Since Windows 3.1, or 13 years last April. And not one private
> non-commercial individual has been sued let alone found guilty of anything
> for installing a MS OS on more than one computer. MS has demonstrated
> that it is NOT willing to try to legally enforce its commercial use terms
> on any private non-commercial individual.
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 9:21:23 PM

Jupiter Jones [MVP] wrote:
> Whether Microsoft has sued or not is not relevant.

I would LOVE to see a Microsoft lawyer make that argument before a real
Judge!

I doubt a real judge would agree with your assessment that MS's
responsibility to exercise their due diligence wouldn't be relevant!

> What is relevant is the EULA agreed.

LOL! And its meaning is debatable. That's why under the LAW, it is the
courts that decide matters of contractual disputes, not corporations!

> Not everyone is as willing to dishonour agreements as you would have
> them to be.

There is no dishonor in believing that MS's usage terms our commerial
use terms. There is absolutely no legal precedent that a shrink-wrap
license is a legally valid private use contract that can legally
invalidate an individuals right to "fair use."

> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
> message news:o 0%23vmi2dFHA.2984@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Since Windows 3.1, or 13 years last April. And not one private
>> non-commercial individual has been sued let alone found guilty of
>> anything for installing a MS OS on more than one computer. MS has
>> demonstrated that it is NOT willing to try to legally enforce its
>> commercial use terms on any private non-commercial individual.
>>
>> --
>> Peace!
>> Kurt
>> Self-anointed Moderator
>> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
>> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Speaking of dishonor, I love the way you dishonor yourself, by changing
another person's words!

No you may have the last word, as you need to have some advantage over
me, since you are so lacking in logical thought.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 9:27:26 PM

Jupiter Jones [MVP] wrote:
> "Not true..."
> But then the OP must ignore the agreement previously agreed.

Not true. Even by MS's rules, one can install XP on another computer as
a 30 day trial.

> Perhaps you do not abide by agreements you make, but others may have
> integrity.

LOL! Like MS has any! Proven Predatory Monopoly! Proven IP Infringer!

While no one paying customer has been charged with, let alone found
guilty of doing ANYTHING wrong for installing their copy of software on
more than one computer!

You can't seize the moral highground when you are on the same side as
one of the biggest corporate criminals on the planet!

> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
> message news:uMYU7f2dFHA.1504@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> lazyringer wrote:
>>> with this activation process, you cannot have xp(RETAIL) on more
>>> than one machine.
>>
>> Not true. With the activation process, MS is just trying to stop
>> you from from doing that. Whether you allow them to enforce their
>> whim in your home is really YOUR choice, not MS's.
>>
>> http://microscum.com/mmpafaq/
>>
>>> I would like to remove it from one machine and then
>>> install in another. MS tech support told me that this copy of xp
>>> cannot get a license for more than one machine.
>>
>> Sounds like MS tech support is trying to trick you into buying a
>> copy of XP that you don't legally need.
>>
>>> I wish I knew that
>>> before. I would then have put it on the machine that I want it on
>>> now. Can it be removed and then installed on another nachine? Still
>>> only one machine licensed.
>>
>> Yes, you can move retail XP as many times as you like.
>>
>> --
>> Peace!
>> Kurt
>> Self-anointed Moderator
>> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
>> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

LOL! Talk about integrity! You idea of integrity is changing another
person's words!

Your actions show what kind of integrity YOU believe in! And now I'll
let you have the last word here too. I know it means so much to you!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 9:27:27 PM

Where has Microsoft stated there is a 30 day trial?
There is nothing about a trial in the EULA.
Or is that just another of your assumptions because activation is not
necessary for 30 days?
Please cite a source for the 30 day trial.
That would have to be the EULA or possibly something on Microsoft's website.
Or are you going to quote someone who possibly did not have the authority of
Microsoft?
Again it seems your agenda may have left you a little blind.

Much of what you said seems to be based on the idea if someone else is
dishonourable, it is OK for everyone else.
That could lead to anarchy.
Myself and others choose to honour our word, you of course are free to do
otherwise.

This has nothing to do with "moral highground".
It has to do with honouring an agreement one has already agreed.

--

news:o WTYIF3dFHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Jupiter Jones [MVP] wrote:
>> "Not true..."
>> But then the OP must ignore the agreement previously agreed.
>
> Not true. Even by MS's rules, one can install XP on another computer as a
> 30 day trial.
>
>> Perhaps you do not abide by agreements you make, but others may have
>> integrity.
>
> LOL! Like MS has any! Proven Predatory Monopoly! Proven IP Infringer!
>
> While no one paying customer has been charged with, let alone found guilty
> of doing ANYTHING wrong for installing their copy of software on more than
> one computer!
>
> You can't seize the moral highground when you are on the same side as one
> of the biggest corporate criminals on the planet!
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 11:25:29 PM

lazyringer wrote:
> with this activation process, you cannot have xp(RETAIL) on more than one
> machine. I would like to remove it from one machine and then install in
> another. MS tech support told me that this copy of xp cannot get a license
> for more than one machine. I wish I knew that before. I would then have put
> it on the machine that I want it on now. Can it be removed and then
> installed on another nachine? Still only one machine licensed.
>
> jim

Assuming a retail license (OEM licenses are not legitimately
transferable), simply remove WinXP from the computer it is currently on
and then install it on the new computer. If it's been more than 120
days since you last activated that specific Product Key, the you'll most
likely be able to activate via the Internet without problem. If it's
been less, you might have to make a 5 minute phone call.

Here are the facts pertaining to activation:

Piracy Basics - Microsoft Product Activation
http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/basics/activation/

Windows Product Activation (WPA)
http://www.aumha.org/a/wpa.htm

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 1:03:52 AM

"lazyringer" <lazyringer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> with this activation process, you cannot have xp(RETAIL) on more than one
> machine. I would like to remove it from one machine and then install in
> another. MS tech support told me that this copy of xp cannot get a license
> for more than one machine. I wish I knew that before. I would then have
> put
> it on the machine that I want it on now. Can it be removed and then
> installed on another nachine? Still only one machine licensed.

If it IS a Retail (big blue or green box for Pro or Home) copy and not an
OEM then you CAN move it to a new machine and activate (you may have to do
so by telephone).

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"lazyringer" <lazyringer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> with this activation process, you cannot have xp(RETAIL) on more than one
> machine. I would like to remove it from one machine and then install in
> another. MS tech support told me that this copy of xp cannot get a license
> for more than one machine. I wish I knew that before. I would then have
> put
> it on the machine that I want it on now. Can it be removed and then
> installed on another nachine? Still only one machine licensed.
>
> jim
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 5:12:55 AM

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:46:47 -0600, in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general , "Jupiter Jones [MVP]"
<jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> in
<##KIPu2dFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl> wrote:

>Whether Microsoft has sued or not is not relevant.
>What is relevant is the EULA agreed.
>Not everyone is as willing to dishonour agreements as you would have them to
>be.

An "agreement" whose terms are not disclosed until after I pay is not
necessarily an agreement.

--
Matt Silberstein

June 23, 2005 10:50:54 AM

I think it goes that Linux using virus writers don't have to
obey the law or keep their agreements.
> "Not true..."
> But then the OP must ignore the agreement previously agreed.
> Perhaps you do not abide by agreements you make, but others may have
> integrity.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in message
>> lazyringer wrote:
>>> with this activation process, you cannot have xp(RETAIL) on more than
>>> one machine.
>>
>> Not true. With the activation process, MS is just trying to stop you
>> from from doing that. Whether you allow them to enforce their whim in
>> your home is really YOUR choice, not MS's.
>>
>> http://microscum.com/mmpafaq/
>>
>>> I would like to remove it from one machine and then
>>> install in another. MS tech support told me that this copy of xp
>>> cannot get a license for more than one machine.
>>
>> Sounds like MS tech support is trying to trick you into buying a copy of
>> XP that you don't legally need.
>>
>>> I wish I knew that
>>> before. I would then have put it on the machine that I want it on
>>> now. Can it be removed and then installed on another nachine? Still
>>> only one machine licensed.
>>
>> Yes, you can move retail XP as many times as you like.
>>
>> --
>> Peace!
>> Kurt
>> Self-anointed Moderator
>> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
>> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 10:50:55 AM

Daniel;
Not sure I understand what you mean.
Everyone who is honest will honour agreements they make.
Linux is free so a lot of this does not apply to Linux.

--

"Daniel" <Daniel@nowhere> wrote in message
>I think it goes that Linux using virus writers don't have to
> obey the law or keep their agreements.
June 23, 2005 11:11:28 AM

Just ignore me, I'm just being a smart A, that kurttrail
bloke annoys me no end.

Daniel
> Daniel;
> Not sure I understand what you mean.
> Everyone who is honest will honour agreements they make.
> Linux is free so a lot of this does not apply to Linux.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Daniel" <Daniel@nowhere> wrote in message
>>I think it goes that Linux using virus writers don't have to
>> obey the law or keep their agreements.

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 11:11:29 AM

Daniel wrote:
> Just ignore me, I'm just being a smart A, that kurttrail
> bloke annoys me no end.

LOL! Thanks!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 12:04:43 PM

There was a time here in Australia where Microsoft was offering $AUD 5000.00
for dobbing a pirate in. Still no one was busted for piracy, or should I say
no one was granted the money from Micrososft for any infringements. Guess
everyone seen through MS bluff except for Stupider & Co.

You should start posting to microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea Stupider,
it will match what comes out your mouth.

-Winux P.

news:o WTYIF3dFHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Jupiter Jones [MVP] wrote:
>> "Not true..."
>> But then the OP must ignore the agreement previously agreed.
>
> Not true. Even by MS's rules, one can install XP on another computer as a
> 30 day trial.
>
>> Perhaps you do not abide by agreements you make, but others may have
>> integrity.
>
> LOL! Like MS has any! Proven Predatory Monopoly! Proven IP Infringer!
>
> While no one paying customer has been charged with, let alone found guilty
> of doing ANYTHING wrong for installing their copy of software on more than
> one computer!
>
> You can't seize the moral highground when you are on the same side as one
> of the biggest corporate criminals on the planet!
>
>> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
>> message news:uMYU7f2dFHA.1504@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>>
>>> Not true. With the activation process, MS is just trying to stop
>>> you from from doing that. Whether you allow them to enforce their
>>> whim in your home is really YOUR choice, not MS's.
>>>
>>> http://microscum.com/mmpafaq/

>>> Sounds like MS tech support is trying to trick you into buying a
>>> copy of XP that you don't legally need.

>>> Yes, you can move retail XP as many times as you like.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Peace!
>>> Kurt
>>> Self-anointed Moderator
>>> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
>>> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
>
> LOL! Talk about integrity! You idea of integrity is changing another
> person's words!
>
> Your actions show what kind of integrity YOU believe in! And now I'll let
> you have the last word here too. I know it means so much to you!
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 12:04:44 PM

Winux P wrote:
> There was a time here in Australia where Microsoft was offering $AUD
> 5000.00 for dobbing a pirate in. Still no one was busted for piracy,
> or should I say no one was granted the money from Micrososft for any
> infringements. Guess everyone seen through MS bluff except for
> Stupider & Co.
> You should start posting to microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> Stupider, it will match what comes out your mouth.

LOL! Stupider Stones! I like it!

And he proved he is really is stupid by asking me a bunch of questions
when I told him I was giving him the last word!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 3:24:08 PM

Correct Matt, and in addition one has the legal right and obligation of
reply, alteration and refutation of any contract put before them. To disable
the next button on an installation setup prompt, unless a certain option is
chosen, is a contract agreed to under duress. Take no note Stupider, his
still waiting for the day MS carpet bombs a country for mass EULA
disagreements.

-Winux P.

"Matt Silberstein" <RemoveThisPrefixmatts2nospam@ix.netcom.com> wrote in
message news:q33kb19p09es024043pv3vkgu6o3q8o9md@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:46:47 -0600, in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general , "Jupiter Jones [MVP]"
> <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> in
> <##KIPu2dFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl> wrote:
>
>>Whether Microsoft has sued or not is not relevant.
>>What is relevant is the EULA agreed.
>>Not everyone is as willing to dishonour agreements as you would have them
>>be.
>
> An "agreement" whose terms are not disclosed until after I pay is not
> necessarily an agreement.
>

> --
> Matt Silberstein
>
> All in all, if I could be any animal, I would want to be
> a duck or a goose. They can fly, walk, and swim. Plus,
> there there is a certain satisfaction knowing that at the
> end of your life you will taste good with an orange sauce
> or, in the case of a goose, a chestnut stuffing.
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 7:17:53 PM

There seems to be a few of them here. I'm sure they put their black
trousers, white shirts and black name tags on before posting the EULA bible
cataclysm quotes that are, literally only as strong as the paper there
printed on. Whose interest are they serving?, certainly not their own,
that's the scary part. I guess it's a case of Stupider Stones rhetoric
regarding the questions hes' thrown your way. His mate Mr. CopyPaste King
(aka. Bruce Chambers) is slightly funnier though. Take your clothes off
before going to bed guys, it will chill you out.

MS is yet to make an example of someone or some organisation to this day for
EULA infringement, well publically anyway.

-Winux P.

> Winux P wrote:
>> There was a time here in Australia where Microsoft was offering $AUD
>> 5000.00 for dobbing a pirate in. Still no one was busted for piracy,
>> or should I say no one was granted the money from Micrososft for any
>> infringements. Guess everyone seen through MS bluff except for
>> Stupider & Co.
>> You should start posting to microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
>> Stupider, it will match what comes out your mouth.
>
> LOL! Stupider Stones! I like it!
>
> And he proved he is really is stupid by asking me a bunch of questions
> when I told him I was giving him the last word!
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

June 24, 2005 2:05:25 PM

Irespective of all the vitriol, excuses and justification, using something
without permission or without paying for it is theft.

Daniel
"Winux P" <winuxp@msnews.grp> wrote in message
news:o GQP1L7dFHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

> There seems to be a few of them here. I'm sure they put their black
> trousers, white shirts and black name tags on before posting the EULA
> bible cataclysm quotes that are, literally only as strong as the paper
> there printed on. Whose interest are they serving?, certainly not their
> own, that's the scary part. I guess it's a case of Stupider Stones
> rhetoric regarding the questions hes' thrown your way. His mate Mr.
> CopyPaste King (aka. Bruce Chambers) is slightly funnier though. Take your
> clothes off before going to bed guys, it will chill you out.
>
> MS is yet to make an example of someone or some organisation to this day
> for EULA infringement, well publically anyway.
>
> -Winux P.
>

> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in message
>> Winux P wrote:
>>> There was a time here in Australia where Microsoft was offering $AUD
>>> 5000.00 for dobbing a pirate in. Still no one was busted for piracy,
>>> or should I say no one was granted the money from Micrososft for any
>>> infringements. Guess everyone seen through MS bluff except for
>>> Stupider & Co.
>>> You should start posting to microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
>>> Stupider, it will match what comes out your mouth.
>>
>> LOL! Stupider Stones! I like it!
>>
>> And he proved he is really is stupid by asking me a bunch of questions
>> when I told him I was giving him the last word!
>>
>> --
>> Peace!
>> Kurt
>> Self-anointed Moderator
>> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
>> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
>> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
>> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Anonymous
June 24, 2005 2:05:26 PM

Daniel wrote:
> Irespective of all the vitriol, excuses and justification, using
> something without permission or without paying for it is theft.

No, it's not. At MOST, it is copyright infringement and/or a contract
dispute which MS has to bring to a court and be willing to prove it by
the preponderance of the evidence. Both are civil offences, which not
one individual has ever been sued for, let alone been found guilty of,
for installing a copy of software, that was legally sold to the
individual, on more than one computer.

Why? Because a copyright owner doesn't have the right to limit such a
"fair use."

Theft is a criminal offense, not a civil offense. There is no
comparison, and only those not bright enough to understand the
difference between a civil and a criminal offense, attempt to compare
the two as equals. So please keep proving that you are not bright
enough to discuss this topic rationally. Thanks.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 4:21:34 PM

I payed for it and I don't need excuses, now go take matters into your own
hands, preferably somewhere private. It will take the pressure off your head
too.

-Winux P.

> Irespective of all the vitriol, excuses and justification, using something
> without permission or without paying for it is theft.
>
> Daniel
> "Winux P" <winuxp@msnews.grp> wrote in message
> news:o GQP1L7dFHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>
>> There seems to be a few of them here. I'm sure they put their black
>> trousers, white shirts and black name tags on before posting the EULA
>> bible cataclysm quotes that are, literally only as strong as the paper
>> there printed on. Whose interest are they serving?, certainly not their
>> own, that's the scary part. I guess it's a case of Stupider Stones
>> rhetoric regarding the questions hes' thrown your way. His mate Mr.
>> CopyPaste King (aka. Bruce Chambers) is slightly funnier though. Take
>> your clothes off before going to bed guys, it will chill you out.
>>
>> MS is yet to make an example of someone or some organisation to this day
>> for EULA infringement, well publically anyway.
>>
>> -Winux P.
>>

>> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in message
>>>
>>> LOL! Stupider Stones! I like it!
>>>
>>> And he proved he is really is stupid by asking me a bunch of questions
>>> when I told him I was giving him the last word!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Peace!
>>> Kurt
>>> Self-anointed Moderator
>>> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
>>> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
>>> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
>>> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Anonymous
June 24, 2005 5:58:18 PM

I think you have (can't remember completely) to reproduce a copy from the
source and make claim to it, to infringe copyright law. That is, to ensure a
conviction against you without doubt. Distributing copies without the
consent of the proprietor may also infringe on copyright amongst other
things, like theft Mr. Danismell. A contractual infringement without doubt
involves a contractual agreement (i.e affirmation) between all parties in
the contract. Then one breaks or alters the agreement, and does not seek
ratification of the other parties. Or does not inform the other parties,
that is to say, you alter the conditions of the contract (make no mistake,
EULA is no contract unless Danismell you agreed to it) you inform the other
parties and they don't act on your changes. A Judge would look more
dishonourably on the other parties than you if they started to complain
about it.

I wouldn't consider a contractual infringement installing WindowsXP on more
than one of MY home PCs, since I did not agree nor was aware of the contract
at the point of sale, or before the sale for that matter. I wouldn't
consider choosing the "I've read and agreed to the terms of ......" option
on installation, to enable the next button as a contractual agreement.

I think a reason why MS is all tight arsed on product activation and genuine
checks is because their clauses in EULA cannot be policed nor enforced
properly by law. It's full of holes (more like black holes). You must agree
to the terms and condition before installing the software??? I just paid for
it. Don't tell me its' not mine after the sale... So Danismell, who did not
seek permission, took money and then said it NOT 'properly' your software
like a thief would do, then come out with all sorts of excuses and
justification on a bit of paper titled EULA? Chillout I'm being rhetorical
Danismell, I wouldn't want to pressure your head anymore than it is.

-Winux P.

!