Folder names in File Explorer in different colors?

June 22, 2005 5:11:11 PM

I noticed on one of my public XP PCs, when looking through File
Explorer, some folders have their names in green, while most are black.
I'm wondering how and why this is done. I can't seem to find any common
denominator with the ones that are colored. Does it mean something?
June 22, 2005 5:44:18 PM

So how do I make then not encrypted?
June 22, 2005 6:09:00 PM

Thanks. At first it said "Access Denied" but I clicked Ignore and OK
anyway and it worked.

Jupiter Jones [MVP] wrote:
> Greg;
> Right click them, click Properties.
> Click Advanced button.
> Uncheck the appropriate box.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> <gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message
> > So how do I make then not encrypted?

June 22, 2005 6:27:33 PM

Greg;
Black is normal, blue is compressed and green is encrypted.
Apparently someone is using encryption, they should do so carefully to avoid
permanently losing the data and discovering why EFS is often called the
"Delayed Recycle Bin"

Also see:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/encrypt.htm

--

>I noticed on one of my public XP PCs, when looking through File
> Explorer, some folders have their names in green, while most are black.
> I'm wondering how and why this is done. I can't seem to find any common
> denominator with the ones that are colored. Does it mean something?
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 6:48:42 PM

Greg;
Right click them, click Properties.
Click Advanced button.
Uncheck the appropriate box.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org

<gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message
> So how do I make then not encrypted?

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 1:21:36 AM

Hi

The green files are encrypted ones. Blue ones are compressed and black ones
are 'normal' files.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User