What operating system and hard drive do you have?

Barton 2500+, 512MB Corsair Platinum XMS 3200 CL2, Radeon 9700, WD Raptor 10,000 rpm S-ATA HDD, Asus A7V600, Enermax 460W SilentPlus PSU.

sjonnie

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2001
During the OS installation you will be able to delete old partitions, make new and format them. This will wipe out all your old data.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/myanandtech.html?member=114979" target="_new">My PCs</A> :cool:

jvstrat

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2003
I have Windows XP. So you mean I should just Reinstall Windows XP and it will let me get rid of all my old info?

How much do you need to get rid of it? To completely remove data such that it cannot be restored by forensic data retrieval software, you'll need to do a low level format. Otherwise just reinstall XP or use one of your hard drive manufacturer's utilities.

Barton 2500+, 512MB Corsair Platinum XMS 3200 CL2, Radeon 9700, WD Raptor 10,000 rpm S-ATA HDD, Asus A7V600, Enermax 460W SilentPlus PSU.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
When you reinstall Windows you'll have a choice to delete the chosen partition. Do that, and it will allow you to creat a new partitino and format it. Then continue with the installation.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

RobD

Champion
...and Wingy reveals just how he covers his tracks!

<font color=blue>"If Little Red Riding Hood shows up with a bazooka and a bad attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch." - Sean Pertwee</font color=blue>

RobD

Champion
Christ. I know that, I was making a joke. Wingy is a friend so <i>he</i> would have appreciated the joke.

<font color=blue>"If Little Red Riding Hood shows up with a bazooka and a bad attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch." - Sean Pertwee</font color=blue>

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Oh, mama. I know that, I was making a joke too. Wingy in a friend so <b>he</b> would have apreciated the joke.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...