jbond_13

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2005

I had XP on this PC without a SP on it. At that time I was able to us eth USB
2.0, OK. I of course had to install the drivers from ECS.
I have now redone the system. I have installed XP with SP2 on it. No the
system fails to install the driver for the USB 2.0. The drivers are Via
chipset with the VT6202 as the 2.0 driver. I can download the file then it
start to unpack the file with the installer software then get to 100% then
goes away. I have connected the USB devices to the system and it states that
if I plugged them into a list of 6 ports that I would get better performance.
Since there are only 6 ports on the MB and I have changed the cables around
several times.
At any rate the issue I have, does SP2 install the 2.0 drivers for use or
are there something that I am missing. Any help will be appreciated.

The USB 2.0 drivers actually come from microsoft in SP1 for XP,thier included
with SP2 when SP1 is not installed first.The only trick to make it function
in 2.0
is to open device mgr.,locate usb controller,R.click,update drivers.