Updating BIOS help

Tsushima

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Hi, I've got a computer with a BIOS around the year 2000, and it doesn't support 48 bit LBA for accessing drives larger than 137 GB.

I plan to take it into the shop next week since it's a holiday this weekend, if possible I'd like to be able to do it myself this weekend.

I know the basics about updating the BIOS, but my problem is finding the right BIOS image for my computer. Here are my specs:

Mainboard: Trigem Computer, Inc. Cognac
BIOS Date: 01/27/00
BIOS Type: PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0
BIOS ID: 31511.STD.0000.D.0001271457
Superio: NSC 332 rev 8 found at port 2Eh

I believe my chipset is an Intel 810i

I don't know what other information is needed, but if possible could someone suggest to me some BIOS images?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Trigem is the parent company of eMachines, they also produced boards for HP I believe. You should have some kind of OEM logo to help you determine the brand. If you have the original case to that board, you'd be best off looking it up by model number. Also, you might find a board model in BIOS, such as "Florida", for which a google search will provide information.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>