Diplomacy on a PC?

Years ago I picked up an awful version. I can't believe that no one has
created something more up-to-date and could support on-line games. Does such
a thing exist?
6 answers Last reply
More about diplomacy
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    "AmazingBollWeevil" <*amazingbollweevil*@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:Xd6md.5117835$6p.827938@news.easynews.com...
    > Years ago I picked up an awful version. I can't believe that no one has
    > created something more up-to-date and could support on-line games. Does such
    > a thing exist?
    You can find all programs on:

    www.diplom.org

    go to 'online resources'.

    JDip, Diptool en Palmpolitik are DATC tested, but Realpolitik has
    also a good adjudicator.

    Regards,

    Lucas
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    "Lucas B. Kruijswijk" <L.B.Kruijswijk@inter.nl.net> writes:

    >"AmazingBollWeevil" <*amazingbollweevil*@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:Xd6md.5117835$6p.827938@news.easynews.com...
    >> Years ago I picked up an awful version. I can't believe that no one has
    >> created something more up-to-date and could support on-line games. Does such
    >> a thing exist?
    >You can find all programs on:

    >www.diplom.org

    >go to 'online resources'.

    >JDip, Diptool en Palmpolitik are DATC tested, but Realpolitik has
    >also a good adjudicator.

    >Regards,

    >Lucas

    But his key point is "supporting on line games" and none of the
    simple adjudicators come close to doing that.

    Jim-Bob
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    "Jim Burgess" wrote:
    > But his key point is "supporting on line games" and none of the
    > simple adjudicators come close to doing that.
    What do you mean with "supporting on line games"? Those adjudicators
    support reading judge input. Sometimes directly from your mailbox.

    Regards,

    Lucas
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    "Lucas B. Kruijswijk" <L.B.Kruijswijk@inter.nl.net> writes:

    He's talking about fully running an on-line game, so that you work
    from your PC and things you type in a program loaded on your PC
    automatically are communicated to your correspondent and you
    enter the orders on your PC, and the program links to all seven
    PCs of the players and automatically adjudicates the results.
    Much beyond a Judge.

    Jim-Bob

    >"Jim Burgess" wrote:
    >> But his key point is "supporting on line games" and none of the
    >> simple adjudicators come close to doing that.
    >What do you mean with "supporting on line games"? Those adjudicators
    >support reading judge input. Sometimes directly from your mailbox.

    >Regards,

    >Lucas
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    Lucas B. Kruijswijk wrote:
    > "Jim Burgess" wrote:
    >
    >>But his key point is "supporting on line games" and none of the
    >>simple adjudicators come close to doing that.
    >
    > What do you mean with "supporting on line games"? Those adjudicators
    > support reading judge input. Sometimes directly from your mailbox.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Lucas

    He means a multiplayer computer game version of Diplomacy, rather than a
    tool to handle adjudication. The Hasbro version was indeed dire - not
    sure if it was ever updated.

    Dan
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    If your looking for computer diplomacy then this piece of news should
    be interesting

    Paradox Entertainment to develop and publish Diplomacy and Squad
    Leader PC Games

    Recognizing the strong worldwide awareness of the Diplomacy® and Squad
    Leader® brands, Paradox Entertainment AB today announced that it has
    licensed the worldwide rights from Atari, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATAR) and
    Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS) to develop and publish new PC games based on
    the successful Avalon Hill board and video games. The Avalon Hill line
    of games is managed by Hasbro's subsidiary, Wizards of the Coast.

    Hailed as two of the best known strategy game brands in the world,
    Diplomacy® and Squad Leader® have attracted millions of players in
    their previous editions. Internal teams at Paradox, known for
    specializing in the creation of strategy games, will develop the new
    PC games. Past Paradox projects include the award-winning Europa
    Universalis®, Hearts of Iron™ and Crusader Kings™.

    "We will be working closely with Atari and Wizards of the Coast to
    make sure we maximize the potential these brands have. We feel that
    Paradox is the right partner to develop the PC Games these brands and
    their fans deserve", says Theodore Bergquist, CEO of Paradox
    Entertainment.

    For more information contact Paradox Entertainment AB
    Fredrik Lindgren, Head of Sales and Marketing
    Intl phone +46 8 5661 4800
    e-mail: fredrik.l@paradoxplaza.com

Support Games Video Games