Sign in with
Your question

PDA for a teacher...??

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
August 27, 2010 3:10:20 PM

Hi everyone
I'm a new teacher in my local college, and due to the workload we have I've decided to buy a PDA to assist with my organisation.

I'm basically looking for a PDA only (not a phone) which has the capabilities of MS Office programs (more to view and make small corrections rather than heavy editing) , has an excellent personal organiser to help me with my day-to-day tasks, deadlines etc and to help keep track of student assignments coming in/out.

Can anyone recommend any?

Ive looked at the HP iPaq 214 Enterprise which looks good. Are there any others I should be considering?

Not so bothered about size (I know the HP is quite a large handheld) as I will only be taking it to lecture rooms and back. And to be honest - a big sreen will probably be more helpful.

It also needs good connection options - Bluetooth & Wi-Fi (to connect to college systems)

Thanks in advance people :) 

More about : pda teacher

August 28, 2010 12:34:56 PM

Ah, the joys of teaching college. I've done a bit of that myself (on a part time basis). Anyways, I've always found that the Blackberry phones are excellent for organization and they come with the usual bluetooth/wifi. I'm not sure if your looking for a phone though or simply a PDA.
!