how can i get winamp running properly on windows xp in an ..

hi
i have a problem with my windows xp. I installed Winamp (as an
administrator) to play my MP3, as an administrator winamp works perfectly but
when i log in as a normal user winamp loads but it doesnt play any kind of
file (music, videos, etc) so if i want to listen to my music i need to log in
as an adminstrator and i dont like doing that because i've been told that i
can reduce the possibility to get my laptop broken (by a virus) if my lap
gets infected when it is in "normal user" mode. If i am in "administrator"
mode all the time and i get infected the virus would spread quicker....well
thats what i have been told. ok i got out of my question that is:

*how can i get winamp to work properly logged as a "normal user" mode?

thanks for the answer

El novicio...
PD: i have the same problem with other programs, they run only on
administrator mode but not user mode. Ah...i have windows Xp Spack1 ... and
yes...i will upgrade to SP2 very soon...

Hi,

You need to give the other user accounts sufficient access levels on the
program installation folder. Usually you will need to give them "read and
execute" permissions.

HOW TO: Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions in Windows
XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308418

--
Best of Luck,