Samsung 940BW or Viewsonic VA1912W? I HATE decisions...

fraseyboy

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
I'm in the market for a nice fancy new 19" Widescreen to replace my STUPIDLY bought Cheapo no-name brand 19" CRT which makes my eyes hurt. It would be mostly used for movies (as it is for a HomeTheatre PC) and web browsing.

At first I was going to buy the Viewsonic VA1912W, then I came across the Samsung 940BW. There is basicly NO reviews on the 940BW, but plenty on the VA1912W... Samsung is a good brand name but so is Viewsonic... And the Samsung does have a 4ms response time but do I really need it that low?

The Samsung is slightly more expensive than the Viewsonic... I can't decide at all. Is the Samsung worth that little extra? What do you guys think?

Which one should I get?

Sudd

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
Hi! I think you should choose the Samsung 940BW because it comes with a DVI cable (for HDMI output) and has 4ms response time compared to the Viewsonic's 8ms...

travbomb

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Hi! I think you should choose the Samsung 940BW because it comes with a DVI cable (for HDMI output) and has 4ms response time compared to the Viewsonic's 8ms...

Umm I think you are confused. A "DVI Cable" is not for HDMI output. HDMI is High Definition Multimedia Interface which transmits both the digital video and audio. A DVI cabledoes not and can not transmit audio it can only transfer video.

If you want HDMI output you need to buy a monitor which has an HDMI input not output cuase the monitor does not output anything. HDMI is also pointless if your monitor does not have audio because that is its main advantage.

fraseyboy

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006

You may be getting a bit confused. It comes with a DVI input which could let you plug in a DVI>HDMI cable from it into some home theatre equipment, but you can do that with the Viewsonic one as well.

You are right about 4ms vs 8ms though, so I think il choose the Samsung. As soon as I get it, il be sure to post a review somewhere, as there are pratticly none anywhere ATM

TRENDING THREADS