Noob question: support

I've got A Mar S A Gas and A Gas S A Mar. If the opponent gives this orders
A Pie Mar and A Bur S Pie-Mar, what happens? (does the unit in Mar although
supporting the unit in Gas still count against attacks so it's a standoff)
Similar
F Ion C a Tun-Gre. A Tun-Gre. Opponent orders F Adr-Ion. what happens? Does
a convoying fleet count against the attack?

"C-4 Basist" <c4@black.hr> wrote in message
> I've got A Mar S A Gas and A Gas S A Mar. If the opponent gives this
orders
> A Pie Mar and A Bur S Pie-Mar, what happens? (does the unit in Mar
although
> supporting the unit in Gas still count against attacks so it's a standoff)

While the support of A Mar is cut, there is no attack here against Gas. The
support of A Gas for A Mar is not cut. You have a 2v2 situation here. The
attack is unsuccessful.

> Similar
> F Ion C a Tun-Gre. A Tun-Gre. Opponent orders F Adr-Ion. what happens?
Does
> a convoying fleet count against the attack?

I believe your question is whether an unsuccessful (1v1, in this case)
attack disrupts a convoy. In Standard Diplomacy (as opposed to some
variants), the answer is no. In order to disrupt a convoy, an attack on a
convoying fleet must be successful (i.e., it must dislodge the fleet).

In message <cpp3mk$1eh$1@bagan.srce.hr>, C-4 Basist <c4@black.hr> writes
>I've got A Mar S A Gas and A Gas S A Mar. If the opponent gives this orders
>A Pie Mar and A Bur S Pie-Mar, what happens? (does the unit in Mar although
>supporting the unit in Gas still count against attacks so it's a standoff)

Nothing happens. The attacking unit from Pie has one support, and the
holding unit in Mar has one support. So it's a standoff.

>Similar
>F Ion C a Tun-Gre. A Tun-Gre. Opponent orders F Adr-Ion. what happens? Does
>a convoying fleet count against the attack?

If there are no other units involved, then the A moves from Tun to Gre.
The convoying fleet was only attacked, not dislodged, so the convoy
still happens. (A unit that is ordered to convoy, or ordered to give
support, or ordered to hold, or not ordered at all, stays where it is
with a force of one, and may receive support from other units to help it
stay where it is.)

Nick
--
Nick Wedd nick@maproom.co.uk

"A unit that is ordered to convoy, or ordered to give
support, or ordered to hold, or not ordered at all, stays where it is
with a force of one, and may receive support from other units to help it
stay where it is."

Sorry for not being too precise, this is what I was looking for. Tnx