Sign in with
Your question

What does 'H' mean?

Last response: in General Connectivity
December 23, 2010 12:22:33 PM

I have mobile internet on my C902 and when not displaying 3G i gain a 'H' where the 3G icon is usually displayed, i was wondering what this means? I can still connect to the internet with the 'H' but many websites DNS servers deny me when i try to connect to them.

More about : question

December 30, 2010 9:39:10 AM

I'm not sure exactly what it stands for, but it seems like it means that you have low reception when that occurs. Are you able to receive calls or call anyone when you see the H symbol?
January 4, 2011 9:05:36 AM

Yes i'm still able to browse the internet and receive calls but however not much loads correctly and i am unable to view a few webpages. It reads "DNS error" usually, but i don't see why?
Related resources
February 25, 2011 2:49:38 PM

"H" stands for HSPA (HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+), which is what Tmo (and now AT&T) are calling "4G". It's a faster connection and shouldn't have anything to do with your browsing.

A DNS error isn't likely to have anything to do with your connection. More likely it is an issue with the browser, especially on a 3 year old phone. Check to see if there are any updates for your phone, either through your carrier or Sony-Ericsson. You might also try downloading and using the Opera Mini browser.
February 25, 2011 6:42:02 PM

Thats why i was confused with the DNS error in the first place haha.

No updates but i'll see if Opera works for it, and ta for the HSDPA one dude :) .
!