Asus isn't getting back to me about a replacment.

Mr_Perfect

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2001
My gaming machine whent down half way into June(it'd been screwing up since May). After having the PS replaced, the problems turned out to be the fault of the motherboard. I sent a note on the 15th of July to the only email address listed on the Asus site for USA support and received no reply. I figured that maybe my account was acting up, so on the 20th I sent another email from another account. It is now drawing tward the end of the "buisness day" on the 23rd and still nothing.

The motherboard is in warrenty(Asus has a 3 year I believe, and this MB is only just 1 year old). Any ideas what to do from here other then buy a board from Abit or someone else? >:|

Mr. Perfect <i>a name fraught with peril</i>

Descent, because gravity is highly over-rated.

Egoslayer1

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2002
I just had my board die after having it for only 14 months, but when I called they got me an RMA number within 5-10 minutes and it had been shipped back to them. I would recommend you call them, not email, email with most placed doesn't usually get a very good response. Just my opinion though, I am very satisfied with thier service.

jnsnburg

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2004
yeh...contact them by phone...still another wall! i contacted them about a simple issue and they said they were going to call me back and its been over 3 days now...i think asus boards are user friendly but their tech support sucks ass!

gravy

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2004
they have never replied to my RMA request at all for a month now

XP-Pro SP-1
Celeron 2G @ 2672Mhz (133fsb) stock voltage
Asus P4GE-V motherboard
512MB PC2100 DDR RAM
GeForce3 Ti200 oc'd @ 225/500 with lapped TT Crystal Orb and ram sinks
19" monitor

okwhen

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003
Hi,
I just read an article on www.theinquirer.net/ concerning your problem.
JUNK MAIL and viruses have led major mobo maker Asus to suspend email support and service enquiries.
If you have any technical enquiry, please seek assistance via the link below. We will answer your problem in a promptly manner.
http://www.asusmall.com.tw/forms/
Tuesday 03 February 2004, 09:00

If you are looking too discuss ASUS products then I use http://www.asusforums.org/. They have moderators with actual knowledge .