Having major issues with Facebook, dont know where to turn

Status
Not open for further replies.

jzaccardo

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
First I want to start off by saying that I am fully aware that this is not a Facebook related forum. I am turning here because I have been frustrated by the lack of response from the Facebook staff regarding my problem. Google does not seem to yield any help, so I am resorting to the one forum that seems to be able to help with anything computer related.

So, here is my problem. I handle a facebook account for the company I work for, a non-profit think tank that focuses on the Arab-Israeli conflict. When I log onto the company account I see a message that says the following:

"For security reasons your account is temporarily unavailable."

It alleges that I may have a virus, and then proceeds to ask me to verify my account. The problem is, Facebook wants me to identify pictures of my friends to do this, which is very difficult given that the company has over a thousand friends. Verifying by phone does not work b/c I just receive an internal error when I try this.

I don't know what to do. Facebook staff will not return any email requests to explain why they decided to make the account unusable. I don't have a virus on the work computer, so that is total BS. Despite the controversial nature of the topic my company focuses on, we are a non-political institution that produces an academic journal. Can anyone help point me in the right direction, I am so frustrated by this.

I think you already know what you need to do next ...

If your account is disabled because you have breached some law or (Terms of Use) or are the subject of a Homeland Security investigation ... or similar.

Facebook will not tolerate hate based social media sites ... irrespective if they lay claim to some kind of academic base.

Look at the problems we have here on this issue?

I delete tons of stupid posts to try to keep controversy to a minimum ... and end up edjecting out of the failcopter regularly.

:)

jzaccardo

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010

Actually, I really do not know what to do next. They are alleging we have a security issue that is virus related, and I know our computers are not infected

I get what you are saying but I really don't think it applies to us. My company produces an academic journal for schools. There are no "hate based" messages, and we do not post outside material or allow anyone to post anything inflammatory.

jzaccardo

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010

Yea, you are probably right. It is just so irritating. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.