missing taskbar

hello
Recently when starting my computer, the taskbar and icons on the desktop are
missing. When I restart my computer they will come up, but never the first
time. I have tried the "taskbar repair tool plus" at Kelly's corner-XP.com,
but this does not help. If you could help, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks

Seems unique as it happens only the first time. Often such a behavior could
be due to spywares and startup applications.

Run ad-aware and cwshredder.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

Start | RUn | msconfig | Startup tab | Disable all.

--
JonyBrv

"conniem" wrote:

> hello
> Recently when starting my computer, the taskbar and icons on the desktop are
> missing. When I restart my computer they will come up, but never the first
> time. I have tried the "taskbar repair tool plus" at Kelly's corner-XP.com,
> but this does not help. If you could help, I would really appreciate it.
> Thanks

Taskbar Is Missing When You Log On to Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q318027

Restore Taskbar and Desktop to Default Functionality (Line 164)
Restore Taskbar to default settings (Line 99)

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

conniem wrote:
> hello
> Recently when starting my computer, the taskbar and icons on the desktop are
> missing. When I restart my computer they will come up, but never the first
> time. I have tried the "taskbar repair tool plus" at Kelly's corner-XP.com,
> but this does not help. If you could help, I would really appreciate it.
> Thanks

Selie Visa

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
The Taskbar with the Start button might be hidden somewhere and you can't see it on your monitor. But if the Taskbar went missing due to virus infection, its difficult to restore it. The virus will also block upgrade installation to repair the Operating System. First preferred option would be to connect your hard drive to another computer as Slave Drive and scan it for virus infection. The next option would be to format your hard drive containing the OS and re-install a fresh one. Never connect to the net or use removeable drives on your computer without installing a good antivirus or internet security. Always update your OS and security softwares. No point in taking risks.