mrachul

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2001
I own a Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 60 Gig and I try to install WinXp or Win 2000 and it states that I have a corrupt drive. I run PowerMax and run through the tests and it says everything is fine. I ran MaxBlast and partitioned it and it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

Run PowerMax again and LLF the drive, after the Low Level Format is complete ESC out of the PowerMax program, then do a normal install with the Windows OP/SYS installation software (Not the Maxtor Software), with Partitioning the drive first and then Formatting the drive.

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=2541" target="_new">My Rig</A>

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
don't do nothing that is super/duper/pooper time and nerves killing. take an oooold MS Windows 98 floppy, bott with it, create partitions, format them, install whateva you want afta.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Then what are you whining about, throw that blob of junk in the garabadje.

PS: just before you do that and just to be sure make a last attempt and do a Linux install on it.

mrachul

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2001
What do I throw out, the motherboad, the hard drive. There must be some resolution for this problem other than throwing it out and getting a new one.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If the mobo were bad, you would not be abel to do aniting. Have you used different drive with the same setup? All I wanted to say, that if no OS can work with HD it is no goooded for nothing.

mrachul

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2001
Tried another hard drive with an existing install, just reboots. Tried a new hard drive, just reboots. It doesn't seem to matter which hard drive I put in, it just reboots. I'm getting to the point where it is the motherboard or at least the port where you plug in the cables. Just have to convince Asus of this so I can get a replacement. The board is 5 months old.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
if you have only one mobo that's it tough to find out, and I am sure you've tried a few things to shoot at, but PC has only 10 parts at the most, and to find out what is coasing the problem is not that difficult if you have something to swap it with, if you don't, well that's kind of a dilema to deal with. In yer case it can be HD, cable, memory, or the IDE controller on the mobo (did you swap IDE1 with IDE2).

And one more thing, you have to be more specific when you say something like "reboots" - when, how, etc. It is hard to have a specific answer to a general question. I wish you'll find what is the problem in your PC, I can't trobleshoot from guessing.