Software for DVD writer

bw37

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2001
I just got my ND-2500 installed. Now I need some software to write to it!!

It came with a stripped down Roxio 6 that I'm leary of and haven't installed. I was thinking my previously installed Nero 5.5 would work, but so far, I can't get it to recognize the DVD burner (I may just not know what I'm doing of course). The Nero has been upgraded as far as I can for free and came with the Lite-on 24x10x40 CD burner that is still installed in the computer. I assume I shouldn't install Roxio 6 with Nero 5.5

My thought is my Nero 5.5 is "locked" to the CD burner, so I figure I need to find a generic program if I want to support both drives. Some additional functionality would be nice as well.

My primary use of the drive will likely be as output for home video editing and general data back-up. At this point I don't anticipate backing up DVD's.

Nero 6 Ultra? Roxio 7? Something else?

Thanks for any recommendations!

BW

That sucks, your burner should've come with a standalone burning software program, from what you've listed I'd go with Nero 6, since you had Nero previously see if they will give you an upgrade price.

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=2541" target="_new">My Rig</A>