IE locks-up when.........

Can someone please help with this problem? Every time I open I.E. 6 and
click on the ADDRESS bar "down arrow" it locks up (I.E. is not responding).
I can't type in an URL and hit GO either. In effect I.E. 6 is no longer
usable.

If I allow it to contact MS there is NEVER a solution! There are no
viruses or browser hijackers on this PC and I run Spybot and Ad-Aware
weekly. I.E. 6 is useless at this time. Anyone have any ideas?

FS.......

~ FreeSpirit ~ wrote:
> Can someone please help with this problem? Every time I open I.E. 6 and
> click on the ADDRESS bar "down arrow" it locks up (I.E. is not responding).
> I can't type in an URL and hit GO either. In effect I.E. 6 is no longer
> usable.
>
> If I allow it to contact MS there is NEVER a solution! There are no
> viruses or browser hijackers on this PC and I run Spybot and Ad-Aware
> weekly. I.E. 6 is useless at this time. Anyone have any ideas?
>
> FS.......

Have you done your general housekeeping chores,disk cleanup,defrag,
etc.? Make sure there is no malware present. Go here if you can and
follow all instructions http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/
Post back with results.
-max
PS-Are you able to get a copy of Firefox?

"What's in a Name?" <spamthis@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
> ~ FreeSpirit ~ wrote:
> > Can someone please help with this problem? Every time I open I.E. 6 and
> > click on the ADDRESS bar "down arrow" it locks up (I.E. is not
responding).
> > I can't type in an URL and hit GO either. In effect I.E. 6 is no longer
> > usable.
> >
> > If I allow it to contact MS there is NEVER a solution! There are no
> > viruses or browser hijackers on this PC and I run Spybot and Ad-Aware
> > weekly. I.E. 6 is useless at this time. Anyone have any ideas?
> >
> > FS.......
> >
> Have you done your general housekeeping chores,disk cleanup,defrag,
> etc.?

$$ Yes. I do them every few weeks.

Make sure there is no malware present. Go here if you can and
> follow all instructions http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/
> Post back with results.
> -max
> PS-Are you able to get a copy of Firefox?

$$ Firefox? Never gave it a thought...... We just discovered if we open
Favorites and choose *ANY* website, THEN use the address bar it will work.
It's set to "blank" when we open IE right now.

> Virus Removal Instructions: http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/
> You can find my e-mail address on my pages.

$$ I'll try all the things you recommended and be back here if none
work...... Thanks! :)

FS........

Malke

~ FreeSpirit ~ wrote:

> "~ FreeSpirit ~" <spammenot@nospam.net> wrote in message

> Now trying to use the I.E6 address bar *LOCKS UP* I.E even when
> there's a
> website in it, not just "BLANK." I am now totally unable to use the
> address
> bar to select a past URL or to type one in and hit GO. Any other
> suggestions?
>
> I just did a scandisk and defrag a few days ago.

(major snippage of basically unreadable post because of bad quoting)

I think at this point, your best bet is to take the machine to a
professional computer repair shop (not your local equivalent of
BigStoreUSA). Someone on-site is going to be able to advise you far
better than people reading your posts in a newsgroup.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com