Drop a bookmark in Mapsonic?

August 27, 2004 5:16:01 PM

Is it possible to bookmark a place in Mapsonic on the Palm?
I can only seem to be able to mark two green depart/arrival locations,
but it would be really useful to just be able to put an [X] on some
important roads or places. Seems like a pretty major oversight if it
isn't there...

--
Toby

More about : drop bookmark mapsonic

Anonymous
September 6, 2004 5:21:23 PM

In article <MPG.1b99366114edea919899b9@localhost>, Toby Newman
<google@asktoby.com> writes
>Is it possible to bookmark a place in Mapsonic on the Palm?
>I can only seem to be able to mark two green depart/arrival locations,
>but it would be really useful to just be able to put an [X] on some
>important roads or places. Seems like a pretty major oversight if it
>isn't there...

Sort of.

If the location is in your address book, you can select that as either
point.

Otherwise, you can create your own type of Point Of Interest based on
the POI search facility or stylus press and then refer to that when
setting locations (using the Edit menu item)

Both are explained in the manual, but are not as intuitive as they might
be. I think you need a deeper reading.

I'm hoping the software/hardware will mature soon; there are a lot of
frustrations, but the concept is a godsend.

BTW, if you use the GPS, you may lose it every time you start the car as
the power gets interrupted. Regaining a signal is then 'interesting'.
(Basically, turn everything off, pull out the power plug and start all
over again.)
--
Laurie Townsend.
Test Team Leader.