monitor not vga compatible help

June 23, 2005 5:48:01 AM

hi i cant get a monitor to install on pc winxp it said vga not compatible i
dont have disc know that xp has this driver but i read that i have to trick
it into using it this i got from internet dont understand it it is a tft
monitor proview i have been to the sight but cant find which driver it is
help

More about : monitor vga compatible

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 23, 2005 3:41:01 PM

rachel wrote:
> hi i cant get a monitor to install on pc winxp it said vga not
> compatible i dont have disc know that xp has this driver but i read
> that i have to trick it into using it this i got from internet dont
> understand it it is a tft monitor proview i have been to the sight
> but cant find which driver it is help

1) Please learn how to post using the common nuances of written English.
Full stops are essential, as are commas and capital letters.

2) You don't need to "install" a monitor. You just attach it - contrary
to popular belief, monitors do not require drivers, either.

3) You got what from the internet?

4) 'Sight' is the noun formed from the verb "to see". The word 'website'
is 'site' because 'site', in this instance, means 'place'.

5) The error more than likely pertains to your graphics card. Have you
downloaded and installed the latest driver? I have never come across a
monitor - certainly not one made in the last decade or so - as not being
'VGA compatible'.

Post back, properly, with more information.
June 23, 2005 5:19:20 PM

Perhaps the OP has the resolution set too high?

Aside from your supercilious English corrections, can you address this?

I would say the OP should go into Safe Mode and see if the desktop appears
and then right click on the desktop, go to Properties/Settings and change
the resolution, then change it back and hit apply, OK out and reboot into
normal mode and then install the *drivers* for the TFT monitor from the CD
and change the resolution to the TFT's maximum allowance.

What do you think, Ms Priss?

Alias
> rachel wrote:
>> hi i cant get a monitor to install on pc winxp it said vga not
>> compatible i dont have disc know that xp has this driver but i read
>> that i have to trick it into using it this i got from internet dont
>> understand it it is a tft monitor proview i have been to the sight
>> but cant find which driver it is help
>
> 1) Please learn how to post using the common nuances of written
> English. Full stops are essential, as are commas and capital letters.
>
> 2) You don't need to "install" a monitor. You just attach it - contrary
> to popular belief, monitors do not require drivers, either.
>
> 3) You got what from the internet?
>
> 4) 'Sight' is the noun formed from the verb "to see". The word
> 'website' is 'site' because 'site', in this instance, means 'place'.
>
> 5) The error more than likely pertains to your graphics card. Have you
> downloaded and installed the latest driver? I have never come across a
> monitor - certainly not one made in the last decade or so - as not being
> 'VGA compatible'.
>
> Post back, properly, with more information.

a b C Monitor
June 23, 2005 5:19:21 PM

The corrections are not supercilious. Our schools are turning out
"graduates" who can barely compose a coherent sentence. They have no
concept of punctuation. Grammar is something foreign to them. Yet they
wonder why they are stuck for the rest of their lives asking "Would you like
froes with that?"

It is because no one "dares" rock their little worlds that they are so
unprepared for the real world. Just read the post by the OP. Just about
every conceivable error that one can make when trying to construct a useful
post was made. It was truly a nightmare. We should not accept such drivel
from anyone. Holding them to a standard is not supercilious.

Let me ask you a simple question...how would you feel if it was one of your
children that made the original post? Would you not feel some embarrassment?
What if it was your sister, or your wife?

Language is one of the most important tools that the creator has given to
mankind. To not have at least a basic level of skill is a detriment that
will forever hold one back. We owe it to those who follow us to teach them
the language skills that will allow them to succeed. To allow someone with
the complete lack of language skills that was demonstrated by the OP to
graduate from High School is truly appalling.

Bobby

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
news:o oZwmV%23dFHA.3620@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Perhaps the OP has the resolution set too high?
>
> Aside from your supercilious English corrections, can you address this?
>
> I would say the OP should go into Safe Mode and see if the desktop appears
> and then right click on the desktop, go to Properties/Settings and change
> the resolution, then change it back and hit apply, OK out and reboot into
> normal mode and then install the *drivers* for the TFT monitor from the CD
> and change the resolution to the TFT's maximum allowance.
>
> What do you think, Ms Priss?
>
> Alias
> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
>> rachel wrote:
>>> hi i cant get a monitor to install on pc winxp it said vga not
>>> compatible i dont have disc know that xp has this driver but i read
>>> that i have to trick it into using it this i got from internet dont
>>> understand it it is a tft monitor proview i have been to the sight
>>> but cant find which driver it is help
>>
>> 1) Please learn how to post using the common nuances of written
>> English. Full stops are essential, as are commas and capital letters.
>>
>> 2) You don't need to "install" a monitor. You just attach it -
>> contrary to popular belief, monitors do not require drivers, either.
>>
>> 3) You got what from the internet?
>>
>> 4) 'Sight' is the noun formed from the verb "to see". The word
>> 'website' is 'site' because 'site', in this instance, means 'place'.
>>
>> 5) The error more than likely pertains to your graphics card. Have you
>> downloaded and installed the latest driver? I have never come across a
>> monitor - certainly not one made in the last decade or so - as not being
>> 'VGA compatible'.
>>
>> Post back, properly, with more information.

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 23, 2005 5:19:22 PM

More alarming would be the fact that writing reflects thought.

The highest level of communication may soon be Instant messaging.
Stand behind a 13-Year old and watch them on AOL IM - try to
follow the logic of that language.

> The corrections are not supercilious. Our schools are turning out
> "graduates" who can barely compose a coherent sentence. They have no
> concept of punctuation. Grammar is something foreign to them. Yet they
> wonder why they are stuck for the rest of their lives asking "Would you
> like froes with that?"
>
> It is because no one "dares" rock their little worlds that they are so
> unprepared for the real world. Just read the post by the OP. Just about
> every conceivable error that one can make when trying to construct a
> useful post was made. It was truly a nightmare. We should not accept
> such drivel from anyone. Holding them to a standard is not supercilious.
>
> Let me ask you a simple question...how would you feel if it was one of
> your children that made the original post? Would you not feel some
> embarrassment? What if it was your sister, or your wife?
>
> Language is one of the most important tools that the creator has given to
> mankind. To not have at least a basic level of skill is a detriment that
> will forever hold one back. We owe it to those who follow us to teach
> them the language skills that will allow them to succeed. To allow
> someone with the complete lack of language skills that was demonstrated by
> the OP to graduate from High School is truly appalling.
>
> Bobby
>

> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
> news:o oZwmV%23dFHA.3620@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Perhaps the OP has the resolution set too high?
>>
>> Aside from your supercilious English corrections, can you address this?
>>
>> I would say the OP should go into Safe Mode and see if the desktop
>> appears and then right click on the desktop, go to Properties/Settings
>> and change the resolution, then change it back and hit apply, OK out and
>> reboot into normal mode and then install the *drivers* for the TFT
>> monitor from the CD and change the resolution to the TFT's maximum
>> allowance.
>>
>> What do you think, Ms Priss?
>>
>> Alias
>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> 1) Please learn how to post using the common nuances of written
>>> English. Full stops are essential, as are commas and capital letters.
>>>
>>> 2) You don't need to "install" a monitor. You just attach it -
>>> contrary to popular belief, monitors do not require drivers, either.
>>>
>>> 3) You got what from the internet?
>>>
>>> 4) 'Sight' is the noun formed from the verb "to see". The word
>>> 'website' is 'site' because 'site', in this instance, means 'place'.
>>>
>>> 5) The error more than likely pertains to your graphics card. Have
>>> you downloaded and installed the latest driver? I have never come across
>>> a monitor - certainly not one made in the last decade or so - as not
>>> being 'VGA compatible'.
>>>
>>> Post back, properly, with more information.

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 23, 2005 5:19:23 PM

hi i cant get a monitor to install on pc winxp it said vga
not
compatible i dont have disc know that xp has this driver
but i read
that i have to trick it into using it this i got from
internet dont
understand it it is a tft monitor proview i have been to the
sight
but cant find which driver it is help [The OP's post,
corrected and interpreted version below, with my answer.]

Hi, I have a problem with my new TFT Proview monitor. I am
using Win XP and get the error message "VGA not compatible."
I don't have an XP disk, but know (some possible confusion
here, it could be that she knows or may be she meant to say
the now she doesn't have the XP disk) but am looking for a
driver to make it compatible. I tried going to the Proview
site [words get so difficult, cite means to quote or
otherwise refer to another, site means a place and sight
means to see or aim] but don't find what I'm need. Do I
need a driver? Do I have to "trick" the system into using a
new driver or what?

My answer, if you saw the error message the monitor and
computer are connected and working. Did Windows boot
normally or did the BIOS return the error message?
My guess is that your graphics card is set to a mode that is
not supported by the new TFT monitor. You need to set the
resolution and refresh rate to match the TFT native
settings. Set it at 1024x768 and 60 Hz

PROVIEW 15 TFT FLAT PANEL MONITOR - Computing and Gaming -
Buy and ... Manufacturer: PROVIEW Model: EM 150 15 Flat
Panel TFT Monitor, 0.297 mm Dot Pitch, 1024 X 768 Maximum
Monitor Resolution, Plug & Play, Stylish Silver Design ...
www

Comment, note how using periods, commas and question marks
help with the reading and transfer of information.

"R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in
message news:o ughhl%23dFHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> [...]

message
said vga not
driver but i read
from internet dont

nuances of written
capital letters.

attach it -
drivers, either.

see". The word
means 'place'.

graphics card. Have
or so - as not

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 23, 2005 5:19:23 PM

"R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:o ughhl%23dFHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> More alarming would be the fact that writing reflects thought.
>
> The highest level of communication may soon be Instant messaging.
> Stand behind a 13-Year old and watch them on AOL IM - try to

Language is not static. It appears that instant messaging is one of the
factors causing a faster than normal rate of evolution. Most of the people
who constantly nag about grammar on usenet probably understand the word
"grok" How many of their parents do? How many people born in the 1930's
understood the language of the hippies from the 1960's? How much of that
language is now in everyday use?

Kerry

> "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
>> The corrections are not supercilious. Our schools are turning out
>> "graduates" who can barely compose a coherent sentence. They have no
>> concept of punctuation. Grammar is something foreign to them. Yet they
>> wonder why they are stuck for the rest of their lives asking "Would you
>> like froes with that?"
>>
>> It is because no one "dares" rock their little worlds that they are so
>> unprepared for the real world. Just read the post by the OP. Just about
>> every conceivable error that one can make when trying to construct a
>> useful post was made. It was truly a nightmare. We should not accept
>> such drivel from anyone. Holding them to a standard is not supercilious.
>>
>> Let me ask you a simple question...how would you feel if it was one of
>> your children that made the original post? Would you not feel some
>> embarrassment? What if it was your sister, or your wife?
>>
>> Language is one of the most important tools that the creator has given to
>> mankind. To not have at least a basic level of skill is a detriment that
>> will forever hold one back. We owe it to those who follow us to teach
>> them the language skills that will allow them to succeed. To allow
>> someone with the complete lack of language skills that was demonstrated
>> by the OP to graduate from High School is truly appalling.
>>
>> Bobby
>>

>> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>> news:o oZwmV%23dFHA.3620@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> Perhaps the OP has the resolution set too high?
>>>
>>> Aside from your supercilious English corrections, can you address this?
>>>
>>> I would say the OP should go into Safe Mode and see if the desktop
>>> appears and then right click on the desktop, go to Properties/Settings
>>> and change the resolution, then change it back and hit apply, OK out and
>>> reboot into normal mode and then install the *drivers* for the TFT
>>> monitor from the CD and change the resolution to the TFT's maximum
>>> allowance.
>>>
>>> What do you think, Ms Priss?
>>>
>>> Alias
>>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 23, 2005 5:19:24 PM

Good points, I won't ignore a post just because it's poorly crafted.
Describing technical issues is complex at best. It's just that I help a
number of teenagers with their computers and have watched them
communicate over IM and cannot follow what they talk about. They
use all kinds of "Slang" and abbreviations that make no sense to me.
Maybe it's an "Under-21" form of encryption ?

> "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> news:o ughhl%23dFHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> More alarming would be the fact that writing reflects thought.
>>
>> The highest level of communication may soon be Instant messaging.
>> Stand behind a 13-Year old and watch them on AOL IM - try to
>> follow the logic of that language.
>>

> Language is not static. It appears that instant messaging is one of the
> factors causing a faster than normal rate of evolution. Most of the people
> who constantly nag about grammar on usenet probably understand the word
> "grok" How many of their parents do? How many people born in the 1930's
> understood the language of the hippies from the 1960's? How much of that
> language is now in everyday use?
>
> Kerry
>
>> "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> The corrections are not supercilious. Our schools are turning out
>>> "graduates" who can barely compose a coherent sentence. They have no
>>> concept of punctuation. Grammar is something foreign to them. Yet they
>>> wonder why they are stuck for the rest of their lives asking "Would you
>>> like froes with that?"
>>>
>>> It is because no one "dares" rock their little worlds that they are so
>>> unprepared for the real world. Just read the post by the OP. Just
>>> about every conceivable error that one can make when trying to construct
>>> a useful post was made. It was truly a nightmare. We should not accept
>>> such drivel from anyone. Holding them to a standard is not
>>> supercilious.
>>>
>>> Let me ask you a simple question...how would you feel if it was one of
>>> your children that made the original post? Would you not feel some
>>> embarrassment? What if it was your sister, or your wife?
>>>
>>> Language is one of the most important tools that the creator has given
>>> to mankind. To not have at least a basic level of skill is a detriment
>>> that will forever hold one back. We owe it to those who follow us to
>>> teach them the language skills that will allow them to succeed. To
>>> allow someone with the complete lack of language skills that was
>>> demonstrated by the OP to graduate from High School is truly appalling.
>>>
>>> Bobby
>>>

>>> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>>> news:o oZwmV%23dFHA.3620@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 23, 2005 5:19:25 PM

"R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:o n27p7$dFHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Good points, I won't ignore a post just because it's poorly crafted.
> Describing technical issues is complex at best. It's just that I help a
> number of teenagers with their computers and have watched them
> communicate over IM and cannot follow what they talk about. They
> use all kinds of "Slang" and abbreviations that make no sense to me.
> Maybe it's an "Under-21" form of encryption ?

LOL Im shur ur rite bout that

Kerry

In news:o n27p7$dFHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
R. McCarty <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> typed:

> Good points, I won't ignore a post just because it's poorly
> crafted.

I won't either. But on the other hand, if it's so poorly written
that I can't understand it, or if it's a chore to try to
understand it (especially if it's long) I will certainly ignore
it.

To me the most important issue here is that if you're asking for
help in a public place like this, you should do everything you
can to make it easy for those reading your question to understand
it, simply because it increases the size of your audience and
decreases the chance of your getting an unhelpful, or even wrong,
answer.

Please reply to the newsgroup

> Describing technical issues is complex at best. It's just that
> I help
> a number of teenagers with their computers and have watched
> them
> communicate over IM and cannot follow what they talk about.
> They
> use all kinds of "Slang" and abbreviations that make no sense
> to me.
> Maybe it's an "Under-21" form of encryption ?

>> "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in
>> message
>> news:o ughhl%23dFHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>> More alarming would be the fact that writing reflects
>>> thought.
>>>
>>> The highest level of communication may soon be Instant
>>> messaging.
>>> Stand behind a 13-Year old and watch them on AOL IM - try to
>>> follow the logic of that language.
>>>

>> Language is not static. It appears that instant messaging is
>> one of
>> the factors causing a faster than normal rate of evolution.
>> Most of
>> the people who constantly nag about grammar on usenet probably
>> understand the word "grok" How many of their parents do? How
>> many
>> people born in the 1930's understood the language of the
>> hippies
>> from the 1960's? How much of that language is now in everyday
>> use?
>>
>> Kerry
>>
>>> "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message

June 23, 2005 5:19:26 PM

"Ken Blake" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message news:eBr03ZBeFHA.2648@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> In news:o n27p7$dFHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
> R. McCarty <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> typed:
>
>> Good points, I won't ignore a post just because it's poorly
>> crafted.
>

> I won't either. But on the other hand, if it's so poorly written
> that I can't understand it, or if it's a chore to try to
> understand it (especially if it's long) I will certainly ignore
> it.
>
> To me the most important issue here is that if you're asking for
> help in a public place like this, you should do everything you
> can to make it easy for those reading your question to understand
> it, simply because it increases the size of your audience and
> decreases the chance of your getting an unhelpful, or even wrong,
> answer.

> Please reply to the newsgroup

When posting things, the reader can only judge you by what you write. Someone once told me that poor writing on Usenet is the same as wearing dirty clothes in public. There is an instant negative impression created in each case.

David
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 23, 2005 5:19:27 PM

In news:%23ffcAnBeFHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
David <someone@somewhere.com> typed:

>> In news:o n27p7$dFHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
>> R. McCarty <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> typed:
>>
>>> Good points, I won't ignore a post just because it's poorly
>>> crafted.
>>

>> I won't either. But on the other hand, if it's so poorly
>> written
>> that I can't understand it, or if it's a chore to try to
>> understand it (especially if it's long) I will certainly
>> ignore
>> it.
>>
>> To me the most important issue here is that if you're asking
>> for
>> help in a public place like this, you should do everything you
>> can to make it easy for those reading your question to
>> understand
>> it, simply because it increases the size of your audience and
>> decreases the chance of your getting an unhelpful, or even
>> wrong,
>> answer.
>>
>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup

> When posting things, the reader can only judge you by what you
> write.
> Someone once told me that poor writing on Usenet is the same as
> wearing dirty clothes in public. There is an instant negative
> impression created in each case.

I'm sure you're right. However most people don't care what
impression they make on the newsgroups. All they want is help
with their problem. And, regardless of what impression they make
on me, I'll provide that help if I can, and if (as I said) they
don't make it too difficult for me to understand their problem.

Please reply to the newsgroup
June 23, 2005 5:53:09 PM

Last I checked, this is an XP group, not a grammar or ESOL group. The person
who posted obviously does not have English as their first language and was
looking for help with their monitor, not their English.

Almost everything Miss Perspicacia Tick posts is supercilious.

How many languages are you proficient in, Bobby?

Alias

> The corrections are not supercilious. Our schools are turning out
> "graduates" who can barely compose a coherent sentence. They have no
> concept of punctuation. Grammar is something foreign to them. Yet they
> wonder why they are stuck for the rest of their lives asking "Would you
> like froes with that?"
>
> It is because no one "dares" rock their little worlds that they are so
> unprepared for the real world. Just read the post by the OP. Just about
> every conceivable error that one can make when trying to construct a
> useful post was made. It was truly a nightmare. We should not accept
> such drivel from anyone. Holding them to a standard is not supercilious.
>
> Let me ask you a simple question...how would you feel if it was one of
> your children that made the original post? Would you not feel some
> embarrassment? What if it was your sister, or your wife?
>
> Language is one of the most important tools that the creator has given to
> mankind. To not have at least a basic level of skill is a detriment that
> will forever hold one back. We owe it to those who follow us to teach
> them the language skills that will allow them to succeed. To allow
> someone with the complete lack of language skills that was demonstrated by
> the OP to graduate from High School is truly appalling.
>
> Bobby
>

> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
> news:o oZwmV%23dFHA.3620@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Perhaps the OP has the resolution set too high?
>>
>> Aside from your supercilious English corrections, can you address this?
>>
>> I would say the OP should go into Safe Mode and see if the desktop
>> appears and then right click on the desktop, go to Properties/Settings
>> and change the resolution, then change it back and hit apply, OK out and
>> reboot into normal mode and then install the *drivers* for the TFT
>> monitor from the CD and change the resolution to the TFT's maximum
>> allowance.
>>
>> What do you think, Ms Priss?
>>
>> Alias
>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> 1) Please learn how to post using the common nuances of written
>>> English. Full stops are essential, as are commas and capital letters.
>>>
>>> 2) You don't need to "install" a monitor. You just attach it -
>>> contrary to popular belief, monitors do not require drivers, either.
>>>
>>> 3) You got what from the internet?
>>>
>>> 4) 'Sight' is the noun formed from the verb "to see". The word
>>> 'website' is 'site' because 'site', in this instance, means 'place'.
>>>
>>> 5) The error more than likely pertains to your graphics card. Have
>>> you downloaded and installed the latest driver? I have never come across
>>> a monitor - certainly not one made in the last decade or so - as not
>>> being 'VGA compatible'.
>>>
>>> Post back, properly, with more information.

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 23, 2005 5:53:10 PM

The OP is not proficient with writing English, but from the
message it does appear that English is the persons native
language, they just never bothered to learn grammar,
punctuation or spelling.

My guess is that the TFT monitor is working just fine but
the OP had their computer set to a resolution and refresh
rate that can not be supported by the TFT display.

some support

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
news:o N1Sgo%23dFHA.1448@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> [...]

| > someone with the complete lack of language skills that
was demonstrated by
| > the OP to graduate from High School is truly appalling.
| >
| > Bobby
| >

| > "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in
message
| > news:o oZwmV%23dFHA.3620@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
| >> Perhaps the OP has the resolution set too high?
| >>
| >> Aside from your supercilious English corrections, can
you address this?

| >> I would say the OP should go into Safe Mode and see if
the desktop
| >> appears and then right click on the desktop, go to
Properties/Settings
| >> and change the resolution, then change it back and hit
apply, OK out and
| >> reboot into normal mode and then install the *drivers*
for the TFT
| >> monitor from the CD and change the resolution to the

Alias;

I am retired from the State Department; where I was a translator. I am
still certified in 4 languages at level 4 and 2 languages at level 3. These
are in addition to my native tongue of English.

Bobby

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
news:o N1Sgo%23dFHA.1448@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Last I checked, this is an XP group, not a grammar or ESOL group. The
> person who posted obviously does not have English as their first language
> and was looking for help with their monitor, not their English.
>
> Almost everything Miss Perspicacia Tick posts is supercilious.
>
> How many languages are you proficient in, Bobby?
>
> Alias
>
> "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
>> The corrections are not supercilious. Our schools are turning out
>> "graduates" who can barely compose a coherent sentence. They have no
>> concept of punctuation. Grammar is something foreign to them. Yet they
>> wonder why they are stuck for the rest of their lives asking "Would you
>> like froes with that?"
>>
>> It is because no one "dares" rock their little worlds that they are so
>> unprepared for the real world. Just read the post by the OP. Just about
>> every conceivable error that one can make when trying to construct a
>> useful post was made. It was truly a nightmare. We should not accept
>> such drivel from anyone. Holding them to a standard is not supercilious.
>>
>> Let me ask you a simple question...how would you feel if it was one of
>> your children that made the original post? Would you not feel some
>> embarrassment? What if it was your sister, or your wife?
>>
>> Language is one of the most important tools that the creator has given to
>> mankind. To not have at least a basic level of skill is a detriment that
>> will forever hold one back. We owe it to those who follow us to teach
>> them the language skills that will allow them to succeed. To allow
>> someone with the complete lack of language skills that was demonstrated
>> by the OP to graduate from High School is truly appalling.
>>
>> Bobby
>>

>> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>> news:o oZwmV%23dFHA.3620@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> Perhaps the OP has the resolution set too high?
>>>
>>> Aside from your supercilious English corrections, can you address this?
>>>
>>> I would say the OP should go into Safe Mode and see if the desktop
>>> appears and then right click on the desktop, go to Properties/Settings
>>> and change the resolution, then change it back and hit apply, OK out and
>>> reboot into normal mode and then install the *drivers* for the TFT
>>> monitor from the CD and change the resolution to the TFT's maximum
>>> allowance.
>>>
>>> What do you think, Ms Priss?
>>>
>>> Alias
>>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 23, 2005 5:53:11 PM

Jim Macklin wrote:
> The OP is not proficient with writing English, but from the
> message it does appear that English is the persons native
> language, they just never bothered to learn grammar,
> punctuation or spelling.
>
> My guess is that the TFT monitor is working just fine but
> the OP had their computer set to a resolution and refresh
> rate that can not be supported by the TFT display.

Yo, he without sin casting stones, why are you double-posting?

--
Peace!
Kurt

It seems that my news server is duplicating my posts, sorry
about that, Chief.

"Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote
in message news:%23NET9D$dFHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> [...]
|| >
|| > Let me ask you a simple question...how would you feel
if
| it was one of
|| > your children that made the original post? Would you
not
| feel some
|| > embarrassment? What if it was your sister, or your
wife?

|| > Language is one of the most important tools that the
| creator has given to
|| > mankind. To not have at least a basic level of skill
is
| a detriment that
|| > will forever hold one back. We owe it to those who
| follow us to teach
|| > them the language skills that will allow them to
| succeed. To allow
|| > someone with the complete lack of language skills that
| was demonstrated by
|| > the OP to graduate from High School is truly appalling.

June 23, 2005 5:53:12 PM

double posting explained already, seems the news server at
the ISP did it, I only clicked send once.

"kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org>
wrote in message
| Jim Macklin wrote:
| > The OP is not proficient with writing English, but from
the
| > message it does appear that English is the persons
native
| > language, they just never bothered to learn grammar,
| > punctuation or spelling.
| >
| > My guess is that the TFT monitor is working just fine
but
| > the OP had their computer set to a resolution and
refresh
| > rate that can not be supported by the TFT display.
| >

| Yo, he without sin casting stones, why are you
double-posting?

| --
| Peace!
| Kurt
| Self-anointed Moderator
| microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
| http://microscum.com/mscommunity
| "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an
Oxymoron!
| "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 23, 2005 5:56:59 PM

Kerry Brown wrote:
> "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> news:o ughhl%23dFHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> More alarming would be the fact that writing reflects thought.
>>
>> The highest level of communication may soon be Instant messaging.
>> Stand behind a 13-Year old and watch them on AOL IM - try to
>> follow the logic of that language.
>>

> Language is not static. It appears that instant messaging is one of
> the factors causing a faster than normal rate of evolution. Most of
> the people who constantly nag about grammar on usenet probably
> understand the word "grok" How many of their parents do? How many
> people born in the 1930's understood the language of the hippies from
> the 1960's? How much of that language is now in everyday use?
>
> Kerry
>
>> "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> The corrections are not supercilious. Our schools are turning out
>>> "graduates" who can barely compose a coherent sentence. They have
>>> no concept of punctuation. Grammar is something foreign to them.
>>> Yet they wonder why they are stuck for the rest of their lives
>>> asking "Would you like froes with that?"
>>>
>>> It is because no one "dares" rock their little worlds that they are
>>> so unprepared for the real world. Just read the post by the OP.
>>> Just about every conceivable error that one can make when trying to
>>> construct a useful post was made. It was truly a nightmare. We
>>> should not accept such drivel from anyone. Holding them to a
>>> standard is not supercilious. Let me ask you a simple question...how
>>> would you feel if it was one
>>> of your children that made the original post? Would you not feel
>>> some embarrassment? What if it was your sister, or your wife?
>>>
>>> Language is one of the most important tools that the creator has
>>> given to mankind. To not have at least a basic level of skill is a
>>> detriment that will forever hold one back. We owe it to those who
>>> follow us to teach them the language skills that will allow them to
>>> succeed. To allow someone with the complete lack of language
>>> skills that was demonstrated by the OP to graduate from High School
>>> is truly appalling. Bobby
>>>

>>> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>>> news:o oZwmV%23dFHA.3620@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

Just to be fair, "grok", i.e., to comprehend, was invented by Robert
Heinlein, "Stranger in a Strange Land", published in 1962, Hugo Award
1962.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 23, 2005 5:57:00 PM

> Kerry Brown wrote:

< Large snip >

> Just to be fair, "grok", i.e., to comprehend, was invented by Robert
> Heinlein, "Stranger in a Strange Land", published in 1962, Hugo Award
> 1962.

Exactly my point. Language evolves. It is a recent addition to the English
language. It is listed in most dictionaries now.

Kerry
June 23, 2005 9:25:02 PM

Well I Never !. Thank you for giving me the answer to my problem and your
superior comments on my writing skills and english .Had I known that this was
a collection of people who appear to be highly educated I would have
refrained from entering and asking for help in any form what so ever .
However my hastely written cry for help seems to have given you all a chance
to jump on your soap boxes and in the process try to humilate an unknown
person whom you know nothing about without any kindness in your replies.
Apart from one or two who did agree with the general opinion but did so with
some kindness ,which i appreciate greatly.Thank you !. I am so happy that I
am not a teanager with learning difficultys but a mother and grandmother who
is not overly educated in the academic sence or clever .I have just learned
or is it learnt ?I never get that right , or learning to use the pc and
keyboard ,I cant spell very well and it is taking me a long time to write and
correct this. One activity I have enjoyed over the years is reading so I do
have a large vocabulary when writing ,which I rarley do.I Also sat my O'
English when I was 35 with 3 young children and passed lol .I acheived this
with the help of many helpful and kind people I have met through out my life
who encouraged and aided my efforts. I believe that a smile or a kind word
teaches more than arrogance or inntolerance.I dont mind being corrected or
taught , I can take it but what does worry me is that a younger and more
vulnerable peron may not survie the harshness of some of your comments and
give up in there quest for learning somthing new and that would be a great
pity. And all it takes is politeness and understanding.
I dont think that what I wrote was so hard to understand but it was a
hurried note. Well it takes all kinds to make the world go round, thank god
!. While writting my post my pc was unstable and I was painting 3 box
canvases for a friends anaversary so thats some of the reasons that your
highly tone sences were subjected to my onslot. Please know that I will
never dane to cross your threasholed again but I do hope that in the future
a little kindness and tollerance will prevail while slamming ususpecting
,uneducated wanderers looking for help.
well am awa the noo its late inti the nict a ned sum sleep aw rict the nict !
My native tounge would yi believe it!!!!! Toodle pip!!!!!

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

> rachel wrote:
> > hi i cant get a monitor to install on pc winxp it said vga not
> > compatible i dont have disc know that xp has this driver but i read
> > that i have to trick it into using it this i got from internet dont
> > understand it it is a tft monitor proview i have been to the sight
> > but cant find which driver it is help
>
> 1) Please learn how to post using the common nuances of written English.
> Full stops are essential, as are commas and capital letters.
>
> 2) You don't need to "install" a monitor. You just attach it - contrary
> to popular belief, monitors do not require drivers, either.
>
> 3) You got what from the internet?
>
> 4) 'Sight' is the noun formed from the verb "to see". The word 'website'
> is 'site' because 'site', in this instance, means 'place'.
>
> 5) The error more than likely pertains to your graphics card. Have you
> downloaded and installed the latest driver? I have never come across a
> monitor - certainly not one made in the last decade or so - as not being
> 'VGA compatible'.
>
> Post back, properly, with more information.

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 23, 2005 11:35:13 PM

If you are going to be on line and using a computer you will have to grow a
thicker skin.

"rachel" <rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> > but cant find which driver it is help
>>
>> 1) Please learn how to post using the common nuances of written
>> English.
>> Full stops are essential, as are commas and capital letters.
>>
>> 2) You don't need to "install" a monitor. You just attach it -
>> contrary
>> to popular belief, monitors do not require drivers, either.
>>
>> 3) You got what from the internet?
>>
>> 4) 'Sight' is the noun formed from the verb "to see". The word
>> 'website'
>> is 'site' because 'site', in this instance, means 'place'.
>>
>> 5) The error more than likely pertains to your graphics card. Have you
>> downloaded and installed the latest driver? I have never come across a
>> monitor - certainly not one made in the last decade or so - as not being
>> 'VGA compatible'.
>>
>> Post back, properly, with more information.

June 24, 2005 2:30:53 AM

Betcha this grows tiring soon.

"Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message news:%230E$03%23dFHA.3488@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> [...]
> should not accept
> | > such drivel from anyone. Holding them to a standard is
> not supercilious.
> | >
> | > Let me ask you a simple question...how would you feel if
> it was one of
> | > your children that made the original post? Would you not
> feel some
> | > embarrassment? What if it was your sister, or your wife?
> | >
> | > Language is one of the most important tools that the
> creator has given to
> | > mankind. To not have at least a basic level of skill is
> a detriment that
> | > will forever hold one back. We owe it to those who
> follow us to teach
> | > them the language skills that will allow them to
> succeed. To allow
> | > someone with the complete lack of language skills that
> was demonstrated by
> | > the OP to graduate from High School is truly appalling.

June 24, 2005 2:33:42 AM

This is an english group, did you forget the Spanish Armada. You losers have no right to complain against us loyal subjects of Her Majesty.

SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE.

[or post in a wog group]

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message news:o N1Sgo%23dFHA.1448@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Last I checked, this is an XP group, not a grammar or ESOL group. The person
> who posted obviously does not have English as their first language and was
> looking for help with their monitor, not their English.
>
> Almost everything Miss Perspicacia Tick posts is supercilious.
>
> How many languages are you proficient in, Bobby?
>
> Alias
>
> "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
>> The corrections are not supercilious. Our schools are turning out
>> "graduates" who can barely compose a coherent sentence. They have no
>> concept of punctuation. Grammar is something foreign to them. Yet they
>> wonder why they are stuck for the rest of their lives asking "Would you
>> like froes with that?"
>>
>> It is because no one "dares" rock their little worlds that they are so
>> unprepared for the real world. Just read the post by the OP. Just about
>> every conceivable error that one can make when trying to construct a
>> useful post was made. It was truly a nightmare. We should not accept
>> such drivel from anyone. Holding them to a standard is not supercilious.
>>
>> Let me ask you a simple question...how would you feel if it was one of
>> your children that made the original post? Would you not feel some
>> embarrassment? What if it was your sister, or your wife?
>>
>> Language is one of the most important tools that the creator has given to
>> mankind. To not have at least a basic level of skill is a detriment that
>> will forever hold one back. We owe it to those who follow us to teach
>> them the language skills that will allow them to succeed. To allow
>> someone with the complete lack of language skills that was demonstrated by
>> the OP to graduate from High School is truly appalling.
>>
>> Bobby
>>

>> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>> news:o oZwmV%23dFHA.3620@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> Perhaps the OP has the resolution set too high?
>>>
>>> Aside from your supercilious English corrections, can you address this?
>>>
>>> I would say the OP should go into Safe Mode and see if the desktop
>>> appears and then right click on the desktop, go to Properties/Settings
>>> and change the resolution, then change it back and hit apply, OK out and
>>> reboot into normal mode and then install the *drivers* for the TFT
>>> monitor from the CD and change the resolution to the TFT's maximum
>>> allowance.
>>>
>>> What do you think, Ms Priss?
>>>
>>> Alias
>>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 24, 2005 2:59:39 AM

rachel wrote:
> Well I Never !. Thank you for giving me the answer to my problem and
> your superior comments on my writing skills and english .Had I known
> that this was a collection of people who appear to be highly educated
> I would have refrained from entering and asking for help in any form
> what so ever . However my hastely written cry for help seems to have
> given you all a chance to jump on your soap boxes and in the process
> try to humilate an unknown person whom you know nothing about without
> any kindness in your replies. Apart from one or two who did agree
> with the general opinion but did so with some kindness ,which i
> appreciate greatly.Thank you !. I am so happy that I am not a
> teanager with learning difficultys but a mother and grandmother who
> is not overly educated in the academic sence or clever .I have just
> learned or is it learnt ?I never get that right , or learning to use
> the pc and keyboard ,I cant spell very well and it is taking me a
> long time to write and correct this. One activity I have enjoyed over
> the years is reading so I do have a large vocabulary when writing
> ,which I rarley do.I Also sat my O' English when I was 35 with 3
> young children and passed lol .I acheived this with the help of many
> helpful and kind people I have met through out my life who encouraged
> and aided my efforts. I believe that a smile or a kind word teaches
> more than arrogance or inntolerance.I dont mind being corrected or
> taught , I can take it but what does worry me is that a younger and
> more vulnerable peron may not survie the harshness of some of your
> comments and give up in there quest for learning somthing new and
> that would be a great pity. And all it takes is politeness and
> understanding. I dont think that what I wrote was so hard to
> understand but it was a hurried note. Well it takes all kinds to
> make the world go round, thank god !. While writting my post my pc
> was unstable and I was painting 3 box canvases for a friends
> anaversary so thats some of the reasons that your highly tone sences
> were subjected to my onslot. Please know that I will never dane to
> cross your threasholed again but I do hope that in the future a
> little kindness and tollerance will prevail while slamming
> ususpecting ,uneducated wanderers looking for help.
> well am awa the noo its late inti the nict a ned sum sleep aw rict
> the nict ! My native tounge would yi believe it!!!!! Toodle pip!!!!!

Don't let the lamers get you down.

There will always be people that care more about being anal more than
people. That is their problem. Just give them the finger, and deal
with people that care more about people, than being anal.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 24, 2005 4:18:58 AM

Still the elaborate code of english mandates certain behaviour so we can comminicate with those we don't know. What you refer to is I suppose a type of restricted code of english. That is inappropiate here.

Elaborate is the language of the educated and middle class. Anyone can learn it. It's verbose because words have defined meanings accepted everywhere.

Restricted is restricted to particular social groups such as a suburb. By growing up with people a shared inderstanding is developed meaning few words communicate a lot. But communication is restricted to one's circle. Middle class kids do not learn this. It's compact but the meaning of phrases and words change from subirb to suburb. You can't learn it without growing up speaking it.

"Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote in message news:%23HOS2w$dFHA.2500@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> news:o ughhl%23dFHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> More alarming would be the fact that writing reflects thought.
>>
>> The highest level of communication may soon be Instant messaging.
>> Stand behind a 13-Year old and watch them on AOL IM - try to
>> follow the logic of that language.
>>

> Language is not static. It appears that instant messaging is one of the
> factors causing a faster than normal rate of evolution. Most of the people
> who constantly nag about grammar on usenet probably understand the word
> "grok" How many of their parents do? How many people born in the 1930's
> understood the language of the hippies from the 1960's? How much of that
> language is now in everyday use?
>
> Kerry
>
>> "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> The corrections are not supercilious. Our schools are turning out
>>> "graduates" who can barely compose a coherent sentence. They have no
>>> concept of punctuation. Grammar is something foreign to them. Yet they
>>> wonder why they are stuck for the rest of their lives asking "Would you
>>> like froes with that?"
>>>
>>> It is because no one "dares" rock their little worlds that they are so
>>> unprepared for the real world. Just read the post by the OP. Just about
>>> every conceivable error that one can make when trying to construct a
>>> useful post was made. It was truly a nightmare. We should not accept
>>> such drivel from anyone. Holding them to a standard is not supercilious.
>>>
>>> Let me ask you a simple question...how would you feel if it was one of
>>> your children that made the original post? Would you not feel some
>>> embarrassment? What if it was your sister, or your wife?
>>>
>>> Language is one of the most important tools that the creator has given to
>>> mankind. To not have at least a basic level of skill is a detriment that
>>> will forever hold one back. We owe it to those who follow us to teach
>>> them the language skills that will allow them to succeed. To allow
>>> someone with the complete lack of language skills that was demonstrated
>>> by the OP to graduate from High School is truly appalling.
>>>
>>> Bobby
>>>

>>> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>>> news:o oZwmV%23dFHA.3620@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 24, 2005 4:18:59 AM

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Still the elaborate code of english mandates certain behaviour so we can
comminicate with those we don't know. What you refer to is I suppose a type
of restricted code of english. That is inappropiate here.

Elaborate is the language of the educated and middle class. Anyone can learn
it. It's verbose because words have defined meanings accepted everywhere.

Restricted is restricted to particular social groups such as a suburb. By
growing up with people a shared inderstanding is developed meaning few words
communicate a lot. But communication is restricted to one's circle. Middle
class kids do not learn this. It's compact but the meaning of phrases and
words change from subirb to suburb. You can't learn it without growing up
speaking it.

interface it is likely she thought this was a web forum not a newsgroup. Her
grammar was appropriate for some forums. Hopefully with experience she will
learn to lurk for a bit and get a feel for a place before posting. Patience
is not something most teenagers possess in any quantity.

I also agree that local slang is just that, local. IM speak seems to be
evolving into a common shared language similar to a pidgin English. It
allows communication between speakers of different languages. I have seen
teenagers communicate via IM when one was a native English speaker and the
other was a native Mandarin speaker. The Mandarin speaker had a rudimentary
knowledge of English. They could communicate in a clear fashion via IM but
had great difficulty when face to face. As with earlier forms of pidgin some
of IM speak will eventually be incorporated into generally accepted English.

Kerry

> "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> news:o ughhl%23dFHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> More alarming would be the fact that writing reflects thought.
>>
>> The highest level of communication may soon be Instant messaging.
>> Stand behind a 13-Year old and watch them on AOL IM - try to
>> follow the logic of that language.
>>

> Language is not static. It appears that instant messaging is one of the
> factors causing a faster than normal rate of evolution. Most of the people
> who constantly nag about grammar on usenet probably understand the word
> "grok" How many of their parents do? How many people born in the 1930's
> understood the language of the hippies from the 1960's? How much of that
> language is now in everyday use?
>
> Kerry
>
>> "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> The corrections are not supercilious. Our schools are turning out
>>> "graduates" who can barely compose a coherent sentence. They have no
>>> concept of punctuation. Grammar is something foreign to them. Yet they
>>> wonder why they are stuck for the rest of their lives asking "Would you
>>> like froes with that?"
>>>
>>> It is because no one "dares" rock their little worlds that they are so
>>> unprepared for the real world. Just read the post by the OP. Just
>>> about
>>> every conceivable error that one can make when trying to construct a
>>> useful post was made. It was truly a nightmare. We should not accept
>>> such drivel from anyone. Holding them to a standard is not
>>> supercilious.
>>>
>>> Let me ask you a simple question...how would you feel if it was one of
>>> your children that made the original post? Would you not feel some
>>> embarrassment? What if it was your sister, or your wife?
>>>
>>> Language is one of the most important tools that the creator has given
>>> mankind. To not have at least a basic level of skill is a detriment
>>> that
>>> will forever hold one back. We owe it to those who follow us to teach
>>> them the language skills that will allow them to succeed. To allow
>>> someone with the complete lack of language skills that was demonstrated
>>> by the OP to graduate from High School is truly appalling.
>>>
>>> Bobby
>>>

>>> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>>> news:o oZwmV%23dFHA.3620@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

June 24, 2005 4:53:04 AM

Thats my sentements exactly thank you for putting it a so well .They dont
worry me in the least. I found some humor in the answers but feel sorry for
miss prissy she obviously has some problems to feel the need to rip someone
apart like that for what ever reason. thank you once again

"kurttrail" wrote:

> rachel wrote:
> > Well I Never !. Thank you for giving me the answer to my problem and
> > your superior comments on my writing skills and english .Had I known
> > that this was a collection of people who appear to be highly educated
> > I would have refrained from entering and asking for help in any form
> > what so ever . However my hastely written cry for help seems to have
> > given you all a chance to jump on your soap boxes and in the process
> > try to humilate an unknown person whom you know nothing about without
> > any kindness in your replies. Apart from one or two who did agree
> > with the general opinion but did so with some kindness ,which i
> > appreciate greatly.Thank you !. I am so happy that I am not a
> > teanager with learning difficultys but a mother and grandmother who
> > is not overly educated in the academic sence or clever .I have just
> > learned or is it learnt ?I never get that right , or learning to use
> > the pc and keyboard ,I cant spell very well and it is taking me a
> > long time to write and correct this. One activity I have enjoyed over
> > the years is reading so I do have a large vocabulary when writing
> > ,which I rarley do.I Also sat my O' English when I was 35 with 3
> > young children and passed lol .I acheived this with the help of many
> > helpful and kind people I have met through out my life who encouraged
> > and aided my efforts. I believe that a smile or a kind word teaches
> > more than arrogance or inntolerance.I dont mind being corrected or
> > taught , I can take it but what does worry me is that a younger and
> > more vulnerable peron may not survie the harshness of some of your
> > comments and give up in there quest for learning somthing new and
> > that would be a great pity. And all it takes is politeness and
> > understanding. I dont think that what I wrote was so hard to
> > understand but it was a hurried note. Well it takes all kinds to
> > make the world go round, thank god !. While writting my post my pc
> > was unstable and I was painting 3 box canvases for a friends
> > anaversary so thats some of the reasons that your highly tone sences
> > were subjected to my onslot. Please know that I will never dane to
> > cross your threasholed again but I do hope that in the future a
> > little kindness and tollerance will prevail while slamming
> > ususpecting ,uneducated wanderers looking for help.
> > well am awa the noo its late inti the nict a ned sum sleep aw rict
> > the nict ! My native tounge would yi believe it!!!!! Toodle pip!!!!!
> >

> Don't let the lamers get you down.
>
> There will always be people that care more about being anal more than
> people. That is their problem. Just give them the finger, and deal
> with people that care more about people, than being anal.
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

June 24, 2005 5:03:01 AM

Hi miss you will find my reply to all at the end of this debate , thank
you.......
"Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

> rachel wrote:
> > hi i cant get a monitor to install on pc winxp it said vga not
> > compatible i dont have disc know that xp has this driver but i read
> > that i have to trick it into using it this i got from internet dont
> > understand it it is a tft monitor proview i have been to the sight
> > but cant find which driver it is help
>
> 1) Please learn how to post using the common nuances of written English.
> Full stops are essential, as are commas and capital letters.
>
> 2) You don't need to "install" a monitor. You just attach it - contrary
> to popular belief, monitors do not require drivers, either.
>
> 3) You got what from the internet?
>
> 4) 'Sight' is the noun formed from the verb "to see". The word 'website'
> is 'site' because 'site', in this instance, means 'place'.
>
> 5) The error more than likely pertains to your graphics card. Have you
> downloaded and installed the latest driver? I have never come across a
> monitor - certainly not one made in the last decade or so - as not being
> 'VGA compatible'.
>
> Post back, properly, with more information.

June 24, 2005 5:08:08 AM

Thank you for your support and help much appreciated. You will find my answer
to Miss prissy at the end of this debate . thanks once again.

"Alias" wrote:

> Perhaps the OP has the resolution set too high?
>
> Aside from your supercilious English corrections, can you address this?
>
> I would say the OP should go into Safe Mode and see if the desktop appears
> and then right click on the desktop, go to Properties/Settings and change
> the resolution, then change it back and hit apply, OK out and reboot into
> normal mode and then install the *drivers* for the TFT monitor from the CD
> and change the resolution to the TFT's maximum allowance.
>
> What do you think, Ms Priss?
>
> Alias
> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
> > rachel wrote:
> >> hi i cant get a monitor to install on pc winxp it said vga not
> >> compatible i dont have disc know that xp has this driver but i read
> >> that i have to trick it into using it this i got from internet dont
> >> understand it it is a tft monitor proview i have been to the sight
> >> but cant find which driver it is help
> >
> > 1) Please learn how to post using the common nuances of written
> > English. Full stops are essential, as are commas and capital letters.
> >
> > 2) You don't need to "install" a monitor. You just attach it - contrary
> > to popular belief, monitors do not require drivers, either.
> >
> > 3) You got what from the internet?
> >
> > 4) 'Sight' is the noun formed from the verb "to see". The word
> > 'website' is 'site' because 'site', in this instance, means 'place'.
> >
> > 5) The error more than likely pertains to your graphics card. Have you
> > downloaded and installed the latest driver? I have never come across a
> > monitor - certainly not one made in the last decade or so - as not being
> > 'VGA compatible'.
> >
> > Post back, properly, with more information.

June 24, 2005 5:12:10 AM

Then you should know what "quisquilloso" means.

Alias

"NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote

> Alias;
>
> I am retired from the State Department; where I was a translator. I am
> still certified in 4 languages at level 4 and 2 languages at level 3.
> These are in addition to my native tongue of English.
>
> Bobby
>
> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
> news:o N1Sgo%23dFHA.1448@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Last I checked, this is an XP group, not a grammar or ESOL group. The
>> person who posted obviously does not have English as their first language
>> and was looking for help with their monitor, not their English.
>>
>> Almost everything Miss Perspicacia Tick posts is supercilious.
>>
>> How many languages are you proficient in, Bobby?
>>
>> Alias
>>
>> "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> The corrections are not supercilious. Our schools are turning out
>>> "graduates" who can barely compose a coherent sentence. They have no
>>> concept of punctuation. Grammar is something foreign to them. Yet they
>>> wonder why they are stuck for the rest of their lives asking "Would you
>>> like froes with that?"
>>>
>>> It is because no one "dares" rock their little worlds that they are so
>>> unprepared for the real world. Just read the post by the OP. Just
>>> about every conceivable error that one can make when trying to construct
>>> a useful post was made. It was truly a nightmare. We should not accept
>>> such drivel from anyone. Holding them to a standard is not
>>> supercilious.
>>>
>>> Let me ask you a simple question...how would you feel if it was one of
>>> your children that made the original post? Would you not feel some
>>> embarrassment? What if it was your sister, or your wife?
>>>
>>> Language is one of the most important tools that the creator has given
>>> to mankind. To not have at least a basic level of skill is a detriment
>>> that will forever hold one back. We owe it to those who follow us to
>>> teach them the language skills that will allow them to succeed. To
>>> allow someone with the complete lack of language skills that was
>>> demonstrated by the OP to graduate from High School is truly appalling.
>>>
>>> Bobby
>>>

>>> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>>> news:o oZwmV%23dFHA.3620@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 24, 2005 5:12:11 AM

While Spanish is not one of my languages, I assure you that I am not a picky
or finicky person. I do object to someone butchering *any* language as
badly as the OP did. She later posted that there were extenuating
circumstances, yet I cannot see the relevance to the original post.
I have been fortunate in my lifetime; I have had the privilege to live in
many diverse areas of the world. I have seen the best and the worst that
humankind has to offer. I think it is a community responsibility to help
those that we can.

When one posts in a newsgroup, your words and your ability to craft a
concise, coherent sentence is the only way to judge what type of person you
are. If you author a post that would embarrass a 6 year old, you should
expect someone to correct you.

news:o euq7jEeFHA.1288@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Then you should know what "quisquilloso" means.
>
> Alias
>
> "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote
>
>> Alias;
>>
>> I am retired from the State Department; where I was a translator. I am
>> still certified in 4 languages at level 4 and 2 languages at level 3.
>> These are in addition to my native tongue of English.
>>
>> Bobby
>>
>> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
>> news:o N1Sgo%23dFHA.1448@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>>> Last I checked, this is an XP group, not a grammar or ESOL group. The
>>> person who posted obviously does not have English as their first
>>> language and was looking for help with their monitor, not their English.
>>>
>>> Almost everything Miss Perspicacia Tick posts is supercilious.
>>>
>>> How many languages are you proficient in, Bobby?
>>>
>>> Alias
>>>
>>> "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message

June 24, 2005 5:58:02 AM

In my reply I was trying to educate the educated in human kindness and
tolerance and to tteach and correct in a polite way is more beifitial to the
student than verbal abuse .This I do feel is relevent and is just as
important as a good education ,if not more . Judge ye not lest you be judged
also .think it goes somthing like that lol .However I do stand corrected and
will try not to butcher your English again, well in written form any way as
the real English people know that us scottish people already do this in
scotland ,verbaly.
"NoNoBadDog!" wrote:

> While Spanish is not one of my languages, I assure you that I am not a picky
> or finicky person. I do object to someone butchering *any* language as
> badly as the OP did. She later posted that there were extenuating
> circumstances, yet I cannot see the relevance to the original post.
> I have been fortunate in my lifetime; I have had the privilege to live in
> many diverse areas of the world. I have seen the best and the worst that
> humankind has to offer. I think it is a community responsibility to help
> those that we can.
>
> When one posts in a newsgroup, your words and your ability to craft a
> concise, coherent sentence is the only way to judge what type of person you
> are. If you author a post that would embarrass a 6 year old, you should
> expect someone to correct you.
>
> Bobby
>

> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
> news:o euq7jEeFHA.1288@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Then you should know what "quisquilloso" means.
> >
> > Alias
> >
> > "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote
> >
> >> Alias;
> >>
> >> I am retired from the State Department; where I was a translator. I am
> >> still certified in 4 languages at level 4 and 2 languages at level 3.
> >> These are in addition to my native tongue of English.
> >>
> >> Bobby
> >>
> >> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
> >> news:o N1Sgo%23dFHA.1448@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

June 24, 2005 2:37:50 PM

Kerry Brown wrote:
>I agree that if you want help on this newsgroup you are better off by
>posting in a language more people reading the post will understand.

It's also a good idea to remove signature delimiters ("-- ") so people's
newsreaders don't treat your entire post as a .sig!

This is what your post looks like in Thunderbird:
http://www.lesterj.f2s.com/tb.PNG
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 24, 2005 2:37:51 PM

"JS" <user@example.net> wrote in message
> Kerry Brown wrote:
> >I agree that if you want help on this newsgroup you are better off by
> >posting in a language more people reading the post will understand.
>
> It's also a good idea to remove signature delimiters ("-- ") so people's
> newsreaders don't treat your entire post as a .sig!
>
> This is what your post looks like in Thunderbird:
> http://www.lesterj.f2s.com/tb.PNG

My bad. I use OE and had been reading some graphics groups. I had HTML
turned on and forgot to turn it off. I tried TB but eventually went back to
OE. I guess I'm just used to it :-)

Kerry
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 24, 2005 6:49:14 PM

<lol> Hope you had a good nights sleep <g>
Joan

rachel wrote:
> well am awa the noo its late inti the nict a ned sum sleep aw rict
> the nict ! My native tounge would yi believe it!!!!! Toodle pip!!!!!

June 24, 2005 7:24:02 PM

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 19:35:13 -0500, "Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org> wrote:

>If you are going to be on line and using a computer you will have to grow a
>thicker skin.

A Tick filter would help also.
June 24, 2005 11:53:20 PM

Kerry Brown wrote:
> "JS" <user@example.net> wrote in message
>
>>Kerry Brown wrote:
>>
>>>I agree that if you want help on this newsgroup you are better off by
>>>posting in a language more people reading the post will understand.
>>
>>It's also a good idea to remove signature delimiters ("-- ") so people's
>>newsreaders don't treat your entire post as a .sig!
>>
>>This is what your post looks like in Thunderbird:
>>http://www.lesterj.f2s.com/tb.PNG
>

> My bad. I use OE and had been reading some graphics groups. I had HTML
> turned on and forgot to turn it off. I tried TB but eventually went back to
> OE. I guess I'm just used to it :-)

No worries.

Your message wasn't in HTML though - the text shows up grey because TB
is treating it as a signature. IOW, if TB sees "-- " sans quotes on a
line by itself, it treats any text that follows as part of the poster's
signature, and, amongst other things, displays it in a pale font to
differentiate it from the body of the message. (I don't believe OE does
that. Some newsreaders don't.)
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 24, 2005 11:53:21 PM

> Kerry Brown wrote:
>> "JS" <user@example.net> wrote in message

>>>It's also a good idea to remove signature delimiters ("-- ") so people's
>>>newsreaders don't treat your entire post as a .sig!
>>>
>>>This is what your post looks like in Thunderbird:
>>>http://www.lesterj.f2s.com/tb.PNG
>>

>> My bad. I use OE and had been reading some graphics groups. I had HTML
>> turned on and forgot to turn it off. I tried TB but eventually went back
>> to OE. I guess I'm just used to it :-)
>
> No worries.
>
> Your message wasn't in HTML though - the text shows up grey because TB is
> treating it as a signature. IOW, if TB sees "-- " sans quotes on a line by
> itself, it treats any text that follows as part of the poster's signature,
> and, amongst other things, displays it in a pale font to differentiate it
> from the body of the message. (I don't believe OE does that. Some
> newsreaders don't.)

I had OE set to read HTML but reply in text. OE has a brain fart sometimes
when set up that way and doesn't insert an > at the start of quoted lines. I
usually notice it and change the setup before sending the post :-) I was
posting inline as well, another no no. My girlfriend posts to some
stationary groups so I need to read HTML for those groups.

Kerry
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 25, 2005 5:10:45 AM

Lou wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 19:35:13 -0500, "Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org>
> wrote:
>
>> If you are going to be on line and using a computer you will have to
>> grow a thicker skin.
>
> A Tick filter would help also.

Oh *do* grow up! If you're too pathetically weak to have a hide as thick as
your head, kill-file me. No skin off my nose.
June 25, 2005 5:10:46 AM

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 01:10:45 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com>
wrote:

>Lou wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 19:35:13 -0500, "Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> If you are going to be on line and using a computer you will have to
>>> grow a thicker skin.
>>
>> A Tick filter would help also.
>
>Oh *do* grow up! If you're too pathetically weak to have a hide as thick as
>your head, kill-file me. No skin off my nose.

I don't object to your whining - I was simply saying that the OP might benefit
from a Tick filter.

I do note, however, that I've yet to see you contribute anything to these
forums, other than whining about grammar, spelling, or other non-technical
mistakes, by people simply seeking technical assistance. I would recommend that
YOU grow up.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 25, 2005 1:07:52 PM

Lou wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 01:10:45 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
> <test@test.com> wrote:
>
>> Lou wrote:

>>> A Tick filter would help also.
>>
>> Oh *do* grow up! If you're too pathetically weak to have a hide as
>> thick as your head, kill-file me. No skin off my nose.
>
> I don't object to your whining - I was simply saying that the OP
> might benefit from a Tick filter.
>
> I do note, however, that I've yet to see you contribute anything to
> these forums, other than whining about grammar, spelling, or other
> non-technical mistakes, by people simply seeking technical
> assistance. I would recommend that YOU grow up.

So it's immature to care about one's native tongue, then? I am making a
great contribution by doing so (as is Bobby). I believe (and I'm sure he
would agree with me) that there is no greater contribution one can make than
to educate someone in the proper nuances of what is, after all, supposed to
be their native language.

If a post is so poorly written (as in this case) as to be incomprehensible
(as in this case) then pointing this out and making corrections, in the
(albeit vain) hope that the OP will take them on board and post again more
understandably, then it is contributing. Such posts are an embarrassment to
the whole English-speaking world. There are 5-year-olds at the local infant
school who could have done better. As Bobby said, wouldn't you be
embarrassed if one of your relatives posted that poorly? I know I would.

So, if wishing to maintain some standards of written English is being
immature then I (and Bobby) are proud to be immature. The standard of
English, both here and in other parts of the English-speaking world has
degraded markedly, it's time someone stood up and corrected it. Maybe you'd
like to attend a meeting of the Queen's English Society and inform them that
they are all immature?

But, of course, I don't expect someone like you to understand that.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 25, 2005 1:07:53 PM

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

<snipped at both ends>

> Maybe you'd like to attend a meeting of the Queen's English Society
> and inform them that they are all immature?

Not the same thing. In case you hadn't noticed, this ain't the Queen's
English Society. Hell, most of the English speakers here, aren't even
subjects of any Queen. But the Queen's English Society would be the
proper place for YOU to bitch and be anal about spelling and grammar.
But logic isn't one of your strong suits.

So take your spelling and grammar laming, and shove it sideways up your
Queen's bloody arse!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 25, 2005 1:07:53 PM

<snip>

> So it's immature to care about one's native tongue, then? I am making a
> great contribution by doing so (as is Bobby). I believe (and I'm sure he
> would agree with me) that there is no greater contribution one can make
> than to educate someone in the proper nuances of what is, after all,
> supposed to be their native language.
>
> If a post is so poorly written (as in this case) as to be incomprehensible
> (as in this case) then pointing this out and making corrections, in the
> (albeit vain) hope that the OP will take them on board and post again more
> understandably, then it is contributing. Such posts are an embarrassment
> to the whole English-speaking world. There are 5-year-olds at the local
> infant school who could have done better. As Bobby said, wouldn't you be
> embarrassed if one of your relatives posted that poorly? I know I would.
>
> So, if wishing to maintain some standards of written English is being
> immature then I (and Bobby) are proud to be immature. The standard of
> English, both here and in other parts of the English-speaking world has
> degraded markedly, it's time someone stood up and corrected it. Maybe
> you'd like to attend a meeting of the Queen's English Society and inform
> them that they are all immature?
>
> But, of course, I don't expect someone like you to understand that.

Pointing out poor grammar can be excused. Being rude while doing it can't.

Kerry
June 25, 2005 1:57:03 PM

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 09:07:52 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com>
wrote:

>Lou wrote:
>> On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 01:10:45 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
>> <test@test.com> wrote:

>>> Oh *do* grow up! If you're too pathetically weak to have a hide as
>>> thick as your head, kill-file me. No skin off my nose.
>>
>> I don't object to your whining - I was simply saying that the OP
>> might benefit from a Tick filter.
>>
>> I do note, however, that I've yet to see you contribute anything to
>> these forums, other than whining about grammar, spelling, or other
>> non-technical mistakes, by people simply seeking technical
>> assistance. I would recommend that YOU grow up.
>
>So it's immature to care about one's native tongue, then? I am making a
>great contribution by doing so (as is Bobby). I believe (and I'm sure he
>would agree with me) that there is no greater contribution one can make than
>to educate someone in the proper nuances of what is, after all, supposed to
>be their native language.
>
>If a post is so poorly written (as in this case) as to be incomprehensible
>(as in this case) then pointing this out and making corrections, in the
>(albeit vain) hope that the OP will take them on board and post again more
>understandably, then it is contributing. Such posts are an embarrassment to
>the whole English-speaking world. There are 5-year-olds at the local infant
>school who could have done better. As Bobby said, wouldn't you be
>embarrassed if one of your relatives posted that poorly? I know I would.
>
>So, if wishing to maintain some standards of written English is being
>immature then I (and Bobby) are proud to be immature. The standard of
>English, both here and in other parts of the English-speaking world has
>degraded markedly, it's time someone stood up and corrected it. Maybe you'd
>like to attend a meeting of the Queen's English Society and inform them that
>they are all immature?
>
>But, of course, I don't expect someone like you to understand that.

This is a technical assistance forum. The purpose of writing here is to receive
technical assistance with computer problems (Windows XP in this case).

Everybody writing here for assistance won't speak your level of English. That's
lamentable, yes, and you should be proud that you are properly educated, and can
use proper grammar and punctuation in expressing yourself.

That doesn't mean that you need to harass people here, who don't follow your
excellent standards of communication, when they write about technical problems.
Bobby, unlike you, does post frequently with technical assistance.

Strictly speaking, this whole thread (with the exception of the first post by
the OP) is off-topic. If this were a properly moderated forum (do they exist
anymore?), this whole thread would have been deleted long ago.

Please do maintain some standards of written English. Try to find somewhere
like alt.english-speaking.anal-retentive.babies.

Grow up.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 26, 2005 2:55:49 AM

Hey, Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God Queen of Australia and Her other Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth is the Queen of other places too. She is also Queen of some island near Europe, New Zealand, parts of North America, and other countries.

She is also Head of the Church of England and a member of the Church of Scotland (like a Pope),

!