monitor not vga compatible help

hi i cant get a monitor to install on pc winxp it said vga not compatible i
dont have disc know that xp has this driver but i read that i have to trick
it into using it this i got from internet dont understand it it is a tft
monitor proview i have been to the sight but cant find which driver it is
help
58 answers Last reply
More about monitor compatible help

    rachel wrote:
    > hi i cant get a monitor to install on pc winxp it said vga not
    > compatible i dont have disc know that xp has this driver but i read
    > that i have to trick it into using it this i got from internet dont
    > understand it it is a tft monitor proview i have been to the sight
    > but cant find which driver it is help

    1) Please learn how to post using the common nuances of written English.
    Full stops are essential, as are commas and capital letters.

    2) You don't need to "install" a monitor. You just attach it - contrary
    to popular belief, monitors do not require drivers, either.

    3) You got what from the internet?

    4) 'Sight' is the noun formed from the verb "to see". The word 'website'
    is 'site' because 'site', in this instance, means 'place'.

    5) The error more than likely pertains to your graphics card. Have you
    downloaded and installed the latest driver? I have never come across a
    monitor - certainly not one made in the last decade or so - as not being
    'VGA compatible'.

    Post back, properly, with more information.

    Perhaps the OP has the resolution set too high?

    Aside from your supercilious English corrections, can you address this?

    I would say the OP should go into Safe Mode and see if the desktop appears
    and then right click on the desktop, go to Properties/Settings and change
    the resolution, then change it back and hit apply, OK out and reboot into
    normal mode and then install the *drivers* for the TFT monitor from the CD
    and change the resolution to the TFT's maximum allowance.

    What do you think, Ms Priss?

    Alias
    > rachel wrote:
    >> hi i cant get a monitor to install on pc winxp it said vga not
    >> compatible i dont have disc know that xp has this driver but i read
    >> that i have to trick it into using it this i got from internet dont
    >> understand it it is a tft monitor proview i have been to the sight
    >> but cant find which driver it is help
    >
    > 1) Please learn how to post using the common nuances of written
    > English. Full stops are essential, as are commas and capital letters.
    >
    > 2) You don't need to "install" a monitor. You just attach it - contrary
    > to popular belief, monitors do not require drivers, either.
    >
    > 3) You got what from the internet?
    >
    > 4) 'Sight' is the noun formed from the verb "to see". The word
    > 'website' is 'site' because 'site', in this instance, means 'place'.
    >
    > 5) The error more than likely pertains to your graphics card. Have you
    > downloaded and installed the latest driver? I have never come across a
    > monitor - certainly not one made in the last decade or so - as not being
    > 'VGA compatible'.
    >
    > Post back, properly, with more information.

    The corrections are not supercilious. Our schools are turning out
    "graduates" who can barely compose a coherent sentence. They have no
    concept of punctuation. Grammar is something foreign to them. Yet they
    wonder why they are stuck for the rest of their lives asking "Would you like
    froes with that?"

    It is because no one "dares" rock their little worlds that they are so
    unprepared for the real world. Just read the post by the OP. Just about
    every conceivable error that one can make when trying to construct a useful
    post was made. It was truly a nightmare. We should not accept such drivel
    from anyone. Holding them to a standard is not supercilious.

    Let me ask you a simple question...how would you feel if it was one of your
    children that made the original post? Would you not feel some embarrassment?
    What if it was your sister, or your wife?

    Language is one of the most important tools that the creator has given to
    mankind. To not have at least a basic level of skill is a detriment that
    will forever hold one back. We owe it to those who follow us to teach them
    the language skills that will allow them to succeed. To allow someone with
    the complete lack of language skills that was demonstrated by the OP to
    graduate from High School is truly appalling.

    Bobby

    "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    > Perhaps the OP has the resolution set too high?
    >
    > Aside from your supercilious English corrections, can you address this?
    >
    > I would say the OP should go into Safe Mode and see if the desktop appears
    > and then right click on the desktop, go to Properties/Settings and change
    > the resolution, then change it back and hit apply, OK out and reboot into
    > normal mode and then install the *drivers* for the TFT monitor from the CD
    > and change the resolution to the TFT's maximum allowance.
    >
    > What do you think, Ms Priss?
    >
    > Alias
    > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
    >> rachel wrote:
    >>> hi i cant get a monitor to install on pc winxp it said vga not
    >>> compatible i dont have disc know that xp has this driver but i read
    >>> that i have to trick it into using it this i got from internet dont
    >>> understand it it is a tft monitor proview i have been to the sight
    >>> but cant find which driver it is help
    >>
    >> 1) Please learn how to post using the common nuances of written
    >> English. Full stops are essential, as are commas and capital letters.
    >>
    >> 2) You don't need to "install" a monitor. You just attach it -
    >> contrary to popular belief, monitors do not require drivers, either.
    >>
    >> 3) You got what from the internet?
    >>
    >> 4) 'Sight' is the noun formed from the verb "to see". The word
    >> 'website' is 'site' because 'site', in this instance, means 'place'.
    >>
    >> 5) The error more than likely pertains to your graphics card. Have you
    >> downloaded and installed the latest driver? I have never come across a
    >> monitor - certainly not one made in the last decade or so - as not being
    >> 'VGA compatible'.
    >>
    >> Post back, properly, with more information.

    More alarming would be the fact that writing reflects thought.

    The highest level of communication may soon be Instant messaging.
    Stand behind a 13-Year old and watch them on AOL IM - try to
    follow the logic of that language.

> [...]
    >>> contrary to popular belief, monitors do not require drivers, either.
    >>>
    >>> 3) You got what from the internet?
    >>>
    >>> 4) 'Sight' is the noun formed from the verb "to see". The word
    >>> 'website' is 'site' because 'site', in this instance, means 'place'.
    >>>
    >>> 5) The error more than likely pertains to your graphics card. Have
    >>> you downloaded and installed the latest driver? I have never come across
    >>> a monitor - certainly not one made in the last decade or so - as not
    >>> being 'VGA compatible'.
    >>>
    >>> Post back, properly, with more information.

    hi i cant get a monitor to install on pc winxp it said vga
    not
    compatible i dont have disc know that xp has this driver
    but i read
    that i have to trick it into using it this i got from
    internet dont
    understand it it is a tft monitor proview i have been to the
    but cant find which driver it is help [The OP's post,
    corrected and interpreted version below, with my answer.]

    Hi, I have a problem with my new TFT Proview monitor. I am
    using Win XP and get the error message "VGA not compatible."
    I don't have an XP disk, but know (some possible confusion
    here, it could be that she knows or may be she meant to say
    the now she doesn't have the XP disk) but am looking for a
    driver to make it compatible. I tried going to the Proview
    site [words get so difficult, cite means to quote or
    otherwise refer to another, site means a place and sight
    means to see or aim] but don't find what I'm need. Do I
    need a driver? Do I have to "trick" the system into using a
    new driver or what?

    My answer, if you saw the error message the monitor and
    computer are connected and working. Did Windows boot
    normally or did the BIOS return the error message?
    My guess is that your graphics card is set to a mode that is
    not supported by the new TFT monitor. You need to set the
    resolution and refresh rate to match the TFT native
    settings. Set it at 1024x768 and 60 Hz

    PROVIEW 15 TFT FLAT PANEL MONITOR - Computing and Gaming -
    Buy and ... Manufacturer: PROVIEW Model: EM 150 15 Flat
    Panel TFT Monitor, 0.297 mm Dot Pitch, 1024 X 768 Maximum
    Monitor Resolution, Plug & Play, Stylish Silver Design ...
    www

    Comment, note how using periods, commas and question marks
    help with the reading and transfer of information.

    "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in
    message news:Oughhl%23dFHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> [...]

    | >> and change the resolution, then change it back and hit
    apply, OK out and
    | >> reboot into normal mode and then install the *drivers*
    for the TFT
    | >> monitor from the CD and change the resolution to the
    TFT's maximum
    | >> allowance.
    | >>
    | >> What do you think, Ms Priss?
    | >>
    | >> Alias
    | >> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in
    message
    from internet dont

    nuances of written

    see". The word

    graphics card. Have

    "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > More alarming would be the fact that writing reflects thought.
    >
    > The highest level of communication may soon be Instant messaging.
    > Stand behind a 13-Year old and watch them on AOL IM - try to

    Language is not static. It appears that instant messaging is one of the
    factors causing a faster than normal rate of evolution. Most of the people
    who constantly nag about grammar on usenet probably understand the word
    "grok" How many of their parents do? How many people born in the 1930's
    understood the language of the hippies from the 1960's? How much of that
    language is now in everyday use?

    Kerry

    > "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> The corrections are not supercilious. Our schools are turning out
    >> "graduates" who can barely compose a coherent sentence. They have no
    >> concept of punctuation. Grammar is something foreign to them. Yet they
    >> wonder why they are stuck for the rest of their lives asking "Would you
    >> like froes with that?"
    >>
    >> It is because no one "dares" rock their little worlds that they are so
    >> unprepared for the real world. Just read the post by the OP. Just about
    >> every conceivable error that one can make when trying to construct a
    >> useful post was made. It was truly a nightmare. We should not accept
    >> such drivel from anyone. Holding them to a standard is not supercilious.
    >>
    >> Let me ask you a simple question...how would you feel if it was one of
    >> your children that made the original post? Would you not feel some
    >> embarrassment? What if it was your sister, or your wife?
    >>
    >> Language is one of the most important tools that the creator has given to
    >> mankind. To not have at least a basic level of skill is a detriment that
    >> will forever hold one back. We owe it to those who follow us to teach
    >> them the language skills that will allow them to succeed. To allow
    >> someone with the complete lack of language skills that was demonstrated
    >> by the OP to graduate from High School is truly appalling.
    >>
    >> Bobby
    >>

    >> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    >>> Perhaps the OP has the resolution set too high?
    >>>
    >>> Aside from your supercilious English corrections, can you address this?
    >>>
    >>> I would say the OP should go into Safe Mode and see if the desktop
    >>> appears and then right click on the desktop, go to Properties/Settings
    >>> and change the resolution, then change it back and hit apply, OK out and
    >>> reboot into normal mode and then install the *drivers* for the TFT
    >>> monitor from the CD and change the resolution to the TFT's maximum
    >>> allowance.
    >>>
    >>> What do you think, Ms Priss?
    >>>
    >>> Alias
    >>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message

    Good points, I won't ignore a post just because it's poorly crafted.
    Describing technical issues is complex at best. It's just that I help a
    number of teenagers with their computers and have watched them
    communicate over IM and cannot follow what they talk about. They
    use all kinds of "Slang" and abbreviations that make no sense to me.
    Maybe it's an "Under-21" form of encryption ?

    > Good points, I won't ignore a post just because it's poorly crafted.
    > Describing technical issues is complex at best. It's just that I help a
    > number of teenagers with their computers and have watched them
    > communicate over IM and cannot follow what they talk about. They
    > use all kinds of "Slang" and abbreviations that make no sense to me.
    > Maybe it's an "Under-21" form of encryption ?

    LOL Im shur ur rite bout that

    Kerry

    In news:On27p7$dFHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    R. McCarty <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> typed:

    > Good points, I won't ignore a post just because it's poorly
    > crafted.

    I won't either. But on the other hand, if it's so poorly written
    that I can't understand it, or if it's a chore to try to
    understand it (especially if it's long) I will certainly ignore
    it.

    To me the most important issue here is that if you're asking for
    help in a public place like this, you should do everything you
    can to make it easy for those reading your question to understand
    it, simply because it increases the size of your audience and
    decreases the chance of your getting an unhelpful, or even wrong,
    answer.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    "Ken Blake" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message news:eBr03ZBeFHA.2648@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > In news:On27p7$dFHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    > R. McCarty <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> typed:
    >
    >> Good points, I won't ignore a post just because it's poorly
    >> crafted.
    >

    > I won't either. But on the other hand, if it's so poorly written
    > that I can't understand it, or if it's a chore to try to
    > understand it (especially if it's long) I will certainly ignore
    > it.
    >
    > To me the most important issue here is that if you're asking for
    > help in a public place like this, you should do everything you
    > can to make it easy for those reading your question to understand
    > it, simply because it increases the size of your audience and
    > decreases the chance of your getting an unhelpful, or even wrong,
    > answer.

    > Please reply to the newsgroup

    When posting things, the reader can only judge you by what you write. Someone once told me that poor writing on Usenet is the same as wearing dirty clothes in public. There is an instant negative impression created in each case.

    David

    In news:%23ffcAnBeFHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    David <someone@somewhere.com> typed:

    >> In news:On27p7$dFHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    >> R. McCarty <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> typed:
    >>
    >>> Good points, I won't ignore a post just because it's poorly
    >>> crafted.
    >>

    >> I won't either. But on the other hand, if it's so poorly
    >> written
    >> that I can't understand it, or if it's a chore to try to
    >> understand it (especially if it's long) I will certainly
    >> ignore
    >> it.
    >>
    >> To me the most important issue here is that if you're asking
    >> for
    >> help in a public place like this, you should do everything you
    >> can to make it easy for those reading your question to
    >> understand
    >> it, simply because it increases the size of your audience and
    >> decreases the chance of your getting an unhelpful, or even
    >> wrong,
    >> answer.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Please reply to the newsgroup

    > When posting things, the reader can only judge you by what you
    > write.
    > Someone once told me that poor writing on Usenet is the same as
    > wearing dirty clothes in public. There is an instant negative
    > impression created in each case.

    I'm sure you're right. However most people don't care what
    impression they make on the newsgroups. All they want is help
    with their problem. And, regardless of what impression they make
    on me, I'll provide that help if I can, and if (as I said) they
    don't make it too difficult for me to understand their problem.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Last I checked, this is an XP group, not a grammar or ESOL group. The person
    who posted obviously does not have English as their first language and was
    looking for help with their monitor, not their English.

    Almost everything Miss Perspicacia Tick posts is supercilious.

    How many languages are you proficient in, Bobby?

    Alias

    > The corrections are not supercilious. Our schools are turning out
    > "graduates" who can barely compose a coherent sentence. They have no
    > concept of punctuation. Grammar is something foreign to them. Yet they
    > wonder why they are stuck for the rest of their lives asking "Would you
    > like froes with that?"
    >
    > It is because no one "dares" rock their little worlds that they are so
    > unprepared for the real world. Just read the post by the OP. Just about
    > every conceivable error that one can make when trying to construct a
    > useful post was made. It was truly a nightmare. We should not accept
    > such drivel from anyone. Holding them to a standard is not supercilious.
    >
    > Let me ask you a simple question...how would you feel if it was one of
    > your children that made the original post? Would you not feel some
    > embarrassment? What if it was your sister, or your wife?
    >
    > Language is one of the most important tools that the creator has given to
    > mankind. To not have at least a basic level of skill is a detriment that
    > will forever hold one back. We owe it to those who follow us to teach
    > them the language skills that will allow them to succeed. To allow
    > someone with the complete lack of language skills that was demonstrated by
    > the OP to graduate from High School is truly appalling.
    >
    > Bobby
    >

    > "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    >> Perhaps the OP has the resolution set too high?
    >>
    >> Aside from your supercilious English corrections, can you address this?
    >>
    >> I would say the OP should go into Safe Mode and see if the desktop
    >> appears and then right click on the desktop, go to Properties/Settings
    >> and change the resolution, then change it back and hit apply, OK out and
    >> reboot into normal mode and then install the *drivers* for the TFT
    >> monitor from the CD and change the resolution to the TFT's maximum
    >> allowance.
    >>
    >> What do you think, Ms Priss?
    >>
    >> Alias
    >> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> 1) Please learn how to post using the common nuances of written
    >>> English. Full stops are essential, as are commas and capital letters.
    >>>
    >>> 2) You don't need to "install" a monitor. You just attach it -
    >>> contrary to popular belief, monitors do not require drivers, either.
    >>>
    >>> 3) You got what from the internet?
    >>>
    >>> 4) 'Sight' is the noun formed from the verb "to see". The word
    >>> 'website' is 'site' because 'site', in this instance, means 'place'.
    >>>
    >>> 5) The error more than likely pertains to your graphics card. Have
    >>> you downloaded and installed the latest driver? I have never come across
    >>> a monitor - certainly not one made in the last decade or so - as not
    >>> being 'VGA compatible'.
    >>>
    >>> Post back, properly, with more information.

    The OP is not proficient with writing English, but from the
    message it does appear that English is the persons native
    language, they just never bothered to learn grammar,
    punctuation or spelling.

    My guess is that the TFT monitor is working just fine but
    the OP had their computer set to a resolution and refresh
    rate that can not be supported by the TFT display.

    some support

> [...]

    succeed. To allow
    | > someone with the complete lack of language skills that
    was demonstrated by
    | > the OP to graduate from High School is truly appalling.
    | >
    | > Bobby
    | >

    | > "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in
    message
    | >> Perhaps the OP has the resolution set too high?
    | >>
    | >> Aside from your supercilious English corrections, can
    you address this?

    | >> I would say the OP should go into Safe Mode and see if
    the desktop
    | >> appears and then right click on the desktop, go to
    Properties/Settings
    | >> and change the resolution, then change it back and hit
    apply, OK out and
    | >> reboot into normal mode and then install the *drivers*
    for the TFT
    | >> monitor from the CD and change the resolution to the

    Alias;

    I am retired from the State Department; where I was a translator. I am
    still certified in 4 languages at level 4 and 2 languages at level 3. These
    are in addition to my native tongue of English.

    Jim Macklin wrote:
    > The OP is not proficient with writing English, but from the
    > message it does appear that English is the persons native
    > language, they just never bothered to learn grammar,
    > punctuation or spelling.
    >
    > My guess is that the TFT monitor is working just fine but
    > the OP had their computer set to a resolution and refresh
    > rate that can not be supported by the TFT display.

    Yo, he without sin casting stones, why are you double-posting?

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    It seems that my news server is duplicating my posts, sorry
    about that, Chief.

    "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote
    in message news:%23NET9D$dFHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

    "Would you like
    froes with that?"
    (grin)
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    double posting explained already, seems the news server at
    the ISP did it, I only clicked send once.

    "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org>
    wrote in message
    | Jim Macklin wrote:
    | > The OP is not proficient with writing English, but from
    the
    | > message it does appear that English is the persons
    native
    | > language, they just never bothered to learn grammar,
    | > punctuation or spelling.
    | >
    | > My guess is that the TFT monitor is working just fine
    but
    | > the OP had their computer set to a resolution and
    refresh
    | > rate that can not be supported by the TFT display.
    | >

    | Yo, he without sin casting stones, why are you
    double-posting?

    | --
    | Peace!
    | Kurt
    | Self-anointed Moderator
    | microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    | http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    | "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an
    Oxymoron!
    | "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Humm..

    http://www.craftsofnj.org/toolshed/articles/froes%20by%20hank%20allen/Hank%20Allen%20on%20Froes.htm

    Treeman wrote:

    > "Would you like
    > froes with that?"
    > (grin)
    > Treeman

  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Kerry Brown wrote:
    > "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >> More alarming would be the fact that writing reflects thought.
    >>
    >> The highest level of communication may soon be Instant messaging.
    >> Stand behind a 13-Year old and watch them on AOL IM - try to
    >> follow the logic of that language.
    >>

    > Language is not static. It appears that instant messaging is one of
    > the factors causing a faster than normal rate of evolution. Most of
    > the people who constantly nag about grammar on usenet probably
    > understand the word "grok" How many of their parents do? How many
    > people born in the 1930's understood the language of the hippies from
    > the 1960's? How much of that language is now in everyday use?
    >
    > Kerry
    >
    >> "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
    >>> The corrections are not supercilious. Our schools are turning out
    >>> "graduates" who can barely compose a coherent sentence. They have
    >>> no concept of punctuation. Grammar is something foreign to them.
    >>> Yet they wonder why they are stuck for the rest of their lives
    >>> asking "Would you like froes with that?"
    >>>
    >>> It is because no one "dares" rock their little worlds that they are
    >>> so unprepared for the real world. Just read the post by the OP.
    >>> Just about every conceivable error that one can make when trying to
    >>> construct a useful post was made. It was truly a nightmare. We
    >>> should not accept such drivel from anyone. Holding them to a
    >>> standard is not supercilious. Let me ask you a simple question...how
    >>> would you feel if it was one
    >>> of your children that made the original post? Would you not feel
    >>> some embarrassment? What if it was your sister, or your wife?
    >>>
    >>> Language is one of the most important tools that the creator has
    >>> given to mankind. To not have at least a basic level of skill is a
    >>> detriment that will forever hold one back. We owe it to those who
    >>> follow us to teach them the language skills that will allow them to
    >>> succeed. To allow someone with the complete lack of language
    >>> skills that was demonstrated by the OP to graduate from High School
    >>> is truly appalling. Bobby
    >>>

    >>> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message

    Just to be fair, "grok", i.e., to comprehend, was invented by Robert
    Heinlein, "Stranger in a Strange Land", published in 1962, Hugo Award
    1962.
  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    > Kerry Brown wrote:

    < Large snip >

    > Just to be fair, "grok", i.e., to comprehend, was invented by Robert
    > Heinlein, "Stranger in a Strange Land", published in 1962, Hugo Award
    > 1962.

    Exactly my point. Language evolves. It is a recent addition to the English
    language. It is listed in most dictionaries now.

    Kerry
  24. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Well I Never !. Thank you for giving me the answer to my problem and your
    superior comments on my writing skills and english .Had I known that this was
    a collection of people who appear to be highly educated I would have
    refrained from entering and asking for help in any form what so ever .
    However my hastely written cry for help seems to have given you all a chance
    to jump on your soap boxes and in the process try to humilate an unknown
    person whom you know nothing about without any kindness in your replies.
    Apart from one or two who did agree with the general opinion but did so with
    some kindness ,which i appreciate greatly.Thank you !. I am so happy that I
    am not a teanager with learning difficultys but a mother and grandmother who
    is not overly educated in the academic sence or clever .I have just learned
    or is it learnt ?I never get that right , or learning to use the pc and
    keyboard ,I cant spell very well and it is taking me a long time to write and
    correct this. One activity I have enjoyed over the years is reading so I do
    have a large vocabulary when writing ,which I rarley do.I Also sat my O'
    English when I was 35 with 3 young children and passed lol .I acheived this
    with the help of many helpful and kind people I have met through out my life
    who encouraged and aided my efforts. I believe that a smile or a kind word
    teaches more than arrogance or inntolerance.I dont mind being corrected or
    taught , I can take it but what does worry me is that a younger and more
    vulnerable peron may not survie the harshness of some of your comments and
    give up in there quest for learning somthing new and that would be a great
    pity. And all it takes is politeness and understanding.
    I dont think that what I wrote was so hard to understand but it was a
    hurried note. Well it takes all kinds to make the world go round, thank god
    !. While writting my post my pc was unstable and I was painting 3 box
    canvases for a friends anaversary so thats some of the reasons that your
    highly tone sences were subjected to my onslot. Please know that I will
    never dane to cross your threasholed again but I do hope that in the future
    a little kindness and tollerance will prevail while slamming ususpecting
    ,uneducated wanderers looking for help.
    well am awa the noo its late inti the nict a ned sum sleep aw rict the nict !
    My native tounge would yi believe it!!!!! Toodle pip!!!!!

    "Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

    > rachel wrote:
    > > hi i cant get a monitor to install on pc winxp it said vga not
    > > compatible i dont have disc know that xp has this driver but i read
    > > that i have to trick it into using it this i got from internet dont
    > > understand it it is a tft monitor proview i have been to the sight
    > > but cant find which driver it is help
    >
    > 1) Please learn how to post using the common nuances of written English.
    > Full stops are essential, as are commas and capital letters.
    >
    > 2) You don't need to "install" a monitor. You just attach it - contrary
    > to popular belief, monitors do not require drivers, either.
    >
    > 3) You got what from the internet?
    >
    > 4) 'Sight' is the noun formed from the verb "to see". The word 'website'
    > is 'site' because 'site', in this instance, means 'place'.
    >
    > 5) The error more than likely pertains to your graphics card. Have you
    > downloaded and installed the latest driver? I have never come across a
    > monitor - certainly not one made in the last decade or so - as not being
    > 'VGA compatible'.
    >
    > Post back, properly, with more information.

  25. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    If you are going to be on line and using a computer you will have to grow a
    thicker skin.

    "rachel" <rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
    >> > but cant find which driver it is help
    >>
    >> 1) Please learn how to post using the common nuances of written
    >> English.
    >> Full stops are essential, as are commas and capital letters.
    >>
    >> 2) You don't need to "install" a monitor. You just attach it -
    >> contrary
    >> to popular belief, monitors do not require drivers, either.
    >>
    >> 3) You got what from the internet?
    >>
    >> 4) 'Sight' is the noun formed from the verb "to see". The word
    >> 'website'
    >> is 'site' because 'site', in this instance, means 'place'.
    >>
    >> 5) The error more than likely pertains to your graphics card. Have you
    >> downloaded and installed the latest driver? I have never come across a
    >> monitor - certainly not one made in the last decade or so - as not being
    >> 'VGA compatible'.
    >>
    >> Post back, properly, with more information.

  26. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Betcha this grows tiring soon.

    "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message news:%230E$03%23dFHA.3488@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> [...]
    > should not accept
    > | > such drivel from anyone. Holding them to a standard is
    > not supercilious.
    > | >
    > | > Let me ask you a simple question...how would you feel if
    > it was one of
    > | > your children that made the original post? Would you not
    > feel some
    > | > embarrassment? What if it was your sister, or your wife?
    > | >
    > | > Language is one of the most important tools that the
    > creator has given to
    > | > mankind. To not have at least a basic level of skill is
    > a detriment that
    > | > will forever hold one back. We owe it to those who
    > follow us to teach
    > | > them the language skills that will allow them to
    > succeed. To allow
    > | > someone with the complete lack of language skills that
    > was demonstrated by
    > | > the OP to graduate from High School is truly appalling.

  27. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    This is an english group, did you forget the Spanish Armada. You losers have no right to complain against us loyal subjects of Her Majesty.

    SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE.

    [or post in a wog group]

    "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message news:ON1Sgo%23dFHA.1448@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    > Last I checked, this is an XP group, not a grammar or ESOL group. The person
    > who posted obviously does not have English as their first language and was
    > looking for help with their monitor, not their English.
    >
    > Almost everything Miss Perspicacia Tick posts is supercilious.
    >
    > How many languages are you proficient in, Bobby?
    >
    > Alias
    >
    > "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> The corrections are not supercilious. Our schools are turning out
    >> "graduates" who can barely compose a coherent sentence. They have no
    >> concept of punctuation. Grammar is something foreign to them. Yet they
    >> wonder why they are stuck for the rest of their lives asking "Would you
    >> like froes with that?"
    >>
    >> It is because no one "dares" rock their little worlds that they are so
    >> unprepared for the real world. Just read the post by the OP. Just about
    >> every conceivable error that one can make when trying to construct a
    >> useful post was made. It was truly a nightmare. We should not accept
    >> such drivel from anyone. Holding them to a standard is not supercilious.
    >>
    >> Let me ask you a simple question...how would you feel if it was one of
    >> your children that made the original post? Would you not feel some
    >> embarrassment? What if it was your sister, or your wife?
    >>
    >> Language is one of the most important tools that the creator has given to
    >> mankind. To not have at least a basic level of skill is a detriment that
    >> will forever hold one back. We owe it to those who follow us to teach
    >> them the language skills that will allow them to succeed. To allow
    >> someone with the complete lack of language skills that was demonstrated by
    >> the OP to graduate from High School is truly appalling.
    >>
    >> Bobby
    >>

    >> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    >>> Perhaps the OP has the resolution set too high?
    >>>
    >>> Aside from your supercilious English corrections, can you address this?
    >>>
    >>> I would say the OP should go into Safe Mode and see if the desktop
    >>> appears and then right click on the desktop, go to Properties/Settings
    >>> and change the resolution, then change it back and hit apply, OK out and
    >>> reboot into normal mode and then install the *drivers* for the TFT
    >>> monitor from the CD and change the resolution to the TFT's maximum
    >>> allowance.
    >>>
    >>> What do you think, Ms Priss?
    >>>
    >>> Alias
    >>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message

  28. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    rachel wrote:
    > Well I Never !. Thank you for giving me the answer to my problem and
    > your superior comments on my writing skills and english .Had I known
    > that this was a collection of people who appear to be highly educated
    > I would have refrained from entering and asking for help in any form
    > what so ever . However my hastely written cry for help seems to have
    > given you all a chance to jump on your soap boxes and in the process
    > try to humilate an unknown person whom you know nothing about without
    > any kindness in your replies. Apart from one or two who did agree
    > with the general opinion but did so with some kindness ,which i
    > appreciate greatly.Thank you !. I am so happy that I am not a
    > teanager with learning difficultys but a mother and grandmother who
    > is not overly educated in the academic sence or clever .I have just
    > learned or is it learnt ?I never get that right , or learning to use
    > the pc and keyboard ,I cant spell very well and it is taking me a
    > long time to write and correct this. One activity I have enjoyed over
    > the years is reading so I do have a large vocabulary when writing
    > ,which I rarley do.I Also sat my O' English when I was 35 with 3
    > young children and passed lol .I acheived this with the help of many
    > helpful and kind people I have met through out my life who encouraged
    > and aided my efforts. I believe that a smile or a kind word teaches
    > more than arrogance or inntolerance.I dont mind being corrected or
    > taught , I can take it but what does worry me is that a younger and
    > more vulnerable peron may not survie the harshness of some of your
    > comments and give up in there quest for learning somthing new and
    > that would be a great pity. And all it takes is politeness and
    > understanding. I dont think that what I wrote was so hard to
    > understand but it was a hurried note. Well it takes all kinds to
    > make the world go round, thank god !. While writting my post my pc
    > was unstable and I was painting 3 box canvases for a friends
    > anaversary so thats some of the reasons that your highly tone sences
    > were subjected to my onslot. Please know that I will never dane to
    > cross your threasholed again but I do hope that in the future a
    > little kindness and tollerance will prevail while slamming
    > ususpecting ,uneducated wanderers looking for help.
    > well am awa the noo its late inti the nict a ned sum sleep aw rict
    > the nict ! My native tounge would yi believe it!!!!! Toodle pip!!!!!

    Don't let the lamers get you down.

    There will always be people that care more about being anal more than
    people. That is their problem. Just give them the finger, and deal
    with people that care more about people, than being anal.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  29. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Still the elaborate code of english mandates certain behaviour so we can comminicate with those we don't know. What you refer to is I suppose a type of restricted code of english. That is inappropiate here.

    Elaborate is the language of the educated and middle class. Anyone can learn it. It's verbose because words have defined meanings accepted everywhere.

    Restricted is restricted to particular social groups such as a suburb. By growing up with people a shared inderstanding is developed meaning few words communicate a lot. But communication is restricted to one's circle. Middle class kids do not learn this. It's compact but the meaning of phrases and words change from subirb to suburb. You can't learn it without growing up speaking it.

    "Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote in message news:%23HOS2w$dFHA.2500@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >> More alarming would be the fact that writing reflects thought.
    >>
    >> The highest level of communication may soon be Instant messaging.
    >> Stand behind a 13-Year old and watch them on AOL IM - try to
    >> follow the logic of that language.
    >>

    > Language is not static. It appears that instant messaging is one of the
    > factors causing a faster than normal rate of evolution. Most of the people
    > who constantly nag about grammar on usenet probably understand the word
    > "grok" How many of their parents do? How many people born in the 1930's
    > understood the language of the hippies from the 1960's? How much of that
    > language is now in everyday use?
    >
    > Kerry
    >
    >> "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
    >>> The corrections are not supercilious. Our schools are turning out
    >>> "graduates" who can barely compose a coherent sentence. They have no
    >>> concept of punctuation. Grammar is something foreign to them. Yet they
    >>> wonder why they are stuck for the rest of their lives asking "Would you
    >>> like froes with that?"
    >>>
    >>> It is because no one "dares" rock their little worlds that they are so
    >>> unprepared for the real world. Just read the post by the OP. Just about
    >>> every conceivable error that one can make when trying to construct a
    >>> useful post was made. It was truly a nightmare. We should not accept
    >>> such drivel from anyone. Holding them to a standard is not supercilious.
    >>>
    >>> Let me ask you a simple question...how would you feel if it was one of
    >>> your children that made the original post? Would you not feel some
    >>> embarrassment? What if it was your sister, or your wife?
    >>>
    >>> Language is one of the most important tools that the creator has given to
    >>> mankind. To not have at least a basic level of skill is a detriment that
    >>> will forever hold one back. We owe it to those who follow us to teach
    >>> them the language skills that will allow them to succeed. To allow
    >>> someone with the complete lack of language skills that was demonstrated
    >>> by the OP to graduate from High School is truly appalling.
    >>>
    >>> Bobby
    >>>

    >>> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message

  30. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    Still the elaborate code of english mandates certain behaviour so we can
    comminicate with those we don't know. What you refer to is I suppose a type
    of restricted code of english. That is inappropiate here.

    Elaborate is the language of the educated and middle class. Anyone can learn
    it. It's verbose because words have defined meanings accepted everywhere.

    Restricted is restricted to particular social groups such as a suburb. By
    growing up with people a shared inderstanding is developed meaning few words
    communicate a lot. But communication is restricted to one's circle. Middle
    class kids do not learn this. It's compact but the meaning of phrases and
    words change from subirb to suburb. You can't learn it without growing up
    speaking it.

    interface it is likely she thought this was a web forum not a newsgroup. Her
    grammar was appropriate for some forums. Hopefully with experience she will
    learn to lurk for a bit and get a feel for a place before posting. Patience
    is not something most teenagers possess in any quantity.

    I also agree that local slang is just that, local. IM speak seems to be
    evolving into a common shared language similar to a pidgin English. It
    allows communication between speakers of different languages. I have seen
    teenagers communicate via IM when one was a native English speaker and the
    other was a native Mandarin speaker. The Mandarin speaker had a rudimentary
    knowledge of English. They could communicate in a clear fashion via IM but
    had great difficulty when face to face. As with earlier forms of pidgin some
    of IM speak will eventually be incorporated into generally accepted English.

    Kerry

    > "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >> More alarming would be the fact that writing reflects thought.
    >>
    >> The highest level of communication may soon be Instant messaging.
    >> Stand behind a 13-Year old and watch them on AOL IM - try to
    >> follow the logic of that language.
    >>

    > Language is not static. It appears that instant messaging is one of the
    > factors causing a faster than normal rate of evolution. Most of the people
    > who constantly nag about grammar on usenet probably understand the word
    > "grok" How many of their parents do? How many people born in the 1930's
    > understood the language of the hippies from the 1960's? How much of that
    > language is now in everyday use?
    >
    > Kerry
    >
    >> "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
    >>> The corrections are not supercilious. Our schools are turning out
    >>> "graduates" who can barely compose a coherent sentence. They have no
    >>> concept of punctuation. Grammar is something foreign to them. Yet they
    >>> wonder why they are stuck for the rest of their lives asking "Would you
    >>> like froes with that?"
    >>>
    >>> It is because no one "dares" rock their little worlds that they are so
    >>> unprepared for the real world. Just read the post by the OP. Just
    >>> about
    >>> every conceivable error that one can make when trying to construct a
    >>> useful post was made. It was truly a nightmare. We should not accept
    >>> such drivel from anyone. Holding them to a standard is not
    >>> supercilious.
    >>>
    >>> Let me ask you a simple question...how would you feel if it was one of
    >>> your children that made the original post? Would you not feel some
    >>> embarrassment? What if it was your sister, or your wife?
    >>>
    >>> Language is one of the most important tools that the creator has given
    >>> mankind. To not have at least a basic level of skill is a detriment
    >>> that
    >>> will forever hold one back. We owe it to those who follow us to teach
    >>> them the language skills that will allow them to succeed. To allow
    >>> someone with the complete lack of language skills that was demonstrated
    >>> by the OP to graduate from High School is truly appalling.
    >>>
    >>> Bobby
    >>>

    >>> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message

  31. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Thats my sentements exactly thank you for putting it a so well .They dont
    worry me in the least. I found some humor in the answers but feel sorry for
    miss prissy she obviously has some problems to feel the need to rip someone
    apart like that for what ever reason. thank you once again

    "kurttrail" wrote:

    > rachel wrote:
    > > Well I Never !. Thank you for giving me the answer to my problem and
    > > your superior comments on my writing skills and english .Had I known
    > > that this was a collection of people who appear to be highly educated
    > > I would have refrained from entering and asking for help in any form
    > > what so ever . However my hastely written cry for help seems to have
    > > given you all a chance to jump on your soap boxes and in the process
    > > try to humilate an unknown person whom you know nothing about without
    > > any kindness in your replies. Apart from one or two who did agree
    > > with the general opinion but did so with some kindness ,which i
    > > appreciate greatly.Thank you !. I am so happy that I am not a
    > > teanager with learning difficultys but a mother and grandmother who
    > > is not overly educated in the academic sence or clever .I have just
    > > learned or is it learnt ?I never get that right , or learning to use
    > > the pc and keyboard ,I cant spell very well and it is taking me a
    > > long time to write and correct this. One activity I have enjoyed over
    > > the years is reading so I do have a large vocabulary when writing
    > > ,which I rarley do.I Also sat my O' English when I was 35 with 3
    > > young children and passed lol .I acheived this with the help of many
    > > helpful and kind people I have met through out my life who encouraged
    > > and aided my efforts. I believe that a smile or a kind word teaches
    > > more than arrogance or inntolerance.I dont mind being corrected or
    > > taught , I can take it but what does worry me is that a younger and
    > > more vulnerable peron may not survie the harshness of some of your
    > > comments and give up in there quest for learning somthing new and
    > > that would be a great pity. And all it takes is politeness and
    > > understanding. I dont think that what I wrote was so hard to
    > > understand but it was a hurried note. Well it takes all kinds to
    > > make the world go round, thank god !. While writting my post my pc
    > > was unstable and I was painting 3 box canvases for a friends
    > > anaversary so thats some of the reasons that your highly tone sences
    > > were subjected to my onslot. Please know that I will never dane to
    > > cross your threasholed again but I do hope that in the future a
    > > little kindness and tollerance will prevail while slamming
    > > ususpecting ,uneducated wanderers looking for help.
    > > well am awa the noo its late inti the nict a ned sum sleep aw rict
    > > the nict ! My native tounge would yi believe it!!!!! Toodle pip!!!!!
    > >

    > Don't let the lamers get you down.
    >
    > There will always be people that care more about being anal more than
    > people. That is their problem. Just give them the finger, and deal
    > with people that care more about people, than being anal.
    >
    > --
    > Peace!
    > Kurt
    > Self-anointed Moderator
    > microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    > http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    > "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

  32. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Hi miss you will find my reply to all at the end of this debate , thank
    you.......
    "Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

    > rachel wrote:
    > > hi i cant get a monitor to install on pc winxp it said vga not
    > > compatible i dont have disc know that xp has this driver but i read
    > > that i have to trick it into using it this i got from internet dont
    > > understand it it is a tft monitor proview i have been to the sight
    > > but cant find which driver it is help
    >
    > 1) Please learn how to post using the common nuances of written English.
    > Full stops are essential, as are commas and capital letters.
    >
    > 2) You don't need to "install" a monitor. You just attach it - contrary
    > to popular belief, monitors do not require drivers, either.
    >
    > 3) You got what from the internet?
    >
    > 4) 'Sight' is the noun formed from the verb "to see". The word 'website'
    > is 'site' because 'site', in this instance, means 'place'.
    >
    > 5) The error more than likely pertains to your graphics card. Have you
    > downloaded and installed the latest driver? I have never come across a
    > monitor - certainly not one made in the last decade or so - as not being
    > 'VGA compatible'.
    >
    > Post back, properly, with more information.

  33. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Thank you for your support and help much appreciated. You will find my answer
    to Miss prissy at the end of this debate . thanks once again.

    "Alias" wrote:

    > Perhaps the OP has the resolution set too high?
    >
    > Aside from your supercilious English corrections, can you address this?
    >
    > I would say the OP should go into Safe Mode and see if the desktop appears
    > and then right click on the desktop, go to Properties/Settings and change
    > the resolution, then change it back and hit apply, OK out and reboot into
    > normal mode and then install the *drivers* for the TFT monitor from the CD
    > and change the resolution to the TFT's maximum allowance.
    >
    > What do you think, Ms Priss?
    >
    > Alias
    > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
    > > rachel wrote:
    > >> hi i cant get a monitor to install on pc winxp it said vga not
    > >> compatible i dont have disc know that xp has this driver but i read
    > >> that i have to trick it into using it this i got from internet dont
    > >> understand it it is a tft monitor proview i have been to the sight
    > >> but cant find which driver it is help
    > >
    > > 1) Please learn how to post using the common nuances of written
    > > English. Full stops are essential, as are commas and capital letters.
    > >
    > > 2) You don't need to "install" a monitor. You just attach it - contrary
    > > to popular belief, monitors do not require drivers, either.
    > >
    > > 3) You got what from the internet?
    > >
    > > 4) 'Sight' is the noun formed from the verb "to see". The word
    > > 'website' is 'site' because 'site', in this instance, means 'place'.
    > >
    > > 5) The error more than likely pertains to your graphics card. Have you
    > > downloaded and installed the latest driver? I have never come across a
    > > monitor - certainly not one made in the last decade or so - as not being
    > > 'VGA compatible'.
    > >
    > > Post back, properly, with more information.

  34. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Then you should know what "quisquilloso" means.

    Alias

    "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote

    > Alias;
    >
    > I am retired from the State Department; where I was a translator. I am
    > still certified in 4 languages at level 4 and 2 languages at level 3.
    > These are in addition to my native tongue of English.
    >
    > Bobby
    >
    > "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    >> Last I checked, this is an XP group, not a grammar or ESOL group. The
    >> person who posted obviously does not have English as their first language
    >> and was looking for help with their monitor, not their English.
    >>
    >> Almost everything Miss Perspicacia Tick posts is supercilious.
    >>
    >> How many languages are you proficient in, Bobby?
    >>
    >> Alias
    >>
    >> "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
    >>> The corrections are not supercilious. Our schools are turning out
    >>> "graduates" who can barely compose a coherent sentence. They have no
    >>> concept of punctuation. Grammar is something foreign to them. Yet they
    >>> wonder why they are stuck for the rest of their lives asking "Would you
    >>> like froes with that?"
    >>>
    >>> It is because no one "dares" rock their little worlds that they are so
    >>> unprepared for the real world. Just read the post by the OP. Just
    >>> about every conceivable error that one can make when trying to construct
    >>> a useful post was made. It was truly a nightmare. We should not accept
    >>> such drivel from anyone. Holding them to a standard is not
    >>> supercilious.
    >>>
    >>> Let me ask you a simple question...how would you feel if it was one of
    >>> your children that made the original post? Would you not feel some
    >>> embarrassment? What if it was your sister, or your wife?
    >>>
    >>> Language is one of the most important tools that the creator has given
    >>> to mankind. To not have at least a basic level of skill is a detriment
    >>> that will forever hold one back. We owe it to those who follow us to
    >>> teach them the language skills that will allow them to succeed. To
    >>> allow someone with the complete lack of language skills that was
    >>> demonstrated by the OP to graduate from High School is truly appalling.
    >>>
    >>> Bobby
    >>>

    >>> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message

  35. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    While Spanish is not one of my languages, I assure you that I am not a picky
    or finicky person. I do object to someone butchering *any* language as
    badly as the OP did. She later posted that there were extenuating
    circumstances, yet I cannot see the relevance to the original post.
    I have been fortunate in my lifetime; I have had the privilege to live in
    many diverse areas of the world. I have seen the best and the worst that
    humankind has to offer. I think it is a community responsibility to help
    those that we can.

    When one posts in a newsgroup, your words and your ability to craft a
    concise, coherent sentence is the only way to judge what type of person you
    are. If you author a post that would embarrass a 6 year old, you should
    expect someone to correct you.

    > Then you should know what "quisquilloso" means.
    >
    > Alias
    >
    > "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote
    >
    >> Alias;
    >>
    >> I am retired from the State Department; where I was a translator. I am
    >> still certified in 4 languages at level 4 and 2 languages at level 3.
    >> These are in addition to my native tongue of English.
    >>
    >> Bobby
    >>
    >> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    >>> Last I checked, this is an XP group, not a grammar or ESOL group. The
    >>> person who posted obviously does not have English as their first
    >>> language and was looking for help with their monitor, not their English.
    >>>
    >>> Almost everything Miss Perspicacia Tick posts is supercilious.
    >>>
    >>> How many languages are you proficient in, Bobby?
    >>>
    >>> Alias
    >>>
    >>> "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message

  36. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    In my reply I was trying to educate the educated in human kindness and
    tolerance and to tteach and correct in a polite way is more beifitial to the
    student than verbal abuse .This I do feel is relevent and is just as
    important as a good education ,if not more . Judge ye not lest you be judged
    also .think it goes somthing like that lol .However I do stand corrected and
    will try not to butcher your English again, well in written form any way as
    the real English people know that us scottish people already do this in
    scotland ,verbaly.
    "NoNoBadDog!" wrote:

    > While Spanish is not one of my languages, I assure you that I am not a picky
    > or finicky person. I do object to someone butchering *any* language as
    > badly as the OP did. She later posted that there were extenuating
    > circumstances, yet I cannot see the relevance to the original post.
    > I have been fortunate in my lifetime; I have had the privilege to live in
    > many diverse areas of the world. I have seen the best and the worst that
    > humankind has to offer. I think it is a community responsibility to help
    > those that we can.
    >
    > When one posts in a newsgroup, your words and your ability to craft a
    > concise, coherent sentence is the only way to judge what type of person you
    > are. If you author a post that would embarrass a 6 year old, you should
    > expect someone to correct you.
    >
    > Bobby
    >

    > "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    > > Then you should know what "quisquilloso" means.
    > >
    > > Alias
    > >
    > > "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote
    > >
    > >> Alias;
    > >>
    > >> I am retired from the State Department; where I was a translator. I am
    > >> still certified in 4 languages at level 4 and 2 languages at level 3.
    > >> These are in addition to my native tongue of English.
    > >>
    > >> Bobby
    > >>
    > >> "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message

  37. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Kerry Brown wrote:
    >I agree that if you want help on this newsgroup you are better off by
    >posting in a language more people reading the post will understand.

    It's also a good idea to remove signature delimiters ("-- ") so people's
    newsreaders don't treat your entire post as a .sig!

    This is what your post looks like in Thunderbird:
    http://www.lesterj.f2s.com/tb.PNG
  38. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    "JS" <user@example.net> wrote in message
    > Kerry Brown wrote:
    > >I agree that if you want help on this newsgroup you are better off by
    > >posting in a language more people reading the post will understand.
    >
    > It's also a good idea to remove signature delimiters ("-- ") so people's
    > newsreaders don't treat your entire post as a .sig!
    >
    > This is what your post looks like in Thunderbird:
    > http://www.lesterj.f2s.com/tb.PNG

    My bad. I use OE and had been reading some graphics groups. I had HTML
    turned on and forgot to turn it off. I tried TB but eventually went back to
    OE. I guess I'm just used to it :-)

    Kerry
  39. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    <lol> Hope you had a good nights sleep <g>
    Joan

    rachel wrote:
    > well am awa the noo its late inti the nict a ned sum sleep aw rict
    > the nict ! My native tounge would yi believe it!!!!! Toodle pip!!!!!

  40. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 19:35:13 -0500, "Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org> wrote:

    >If you are going to be on line and using a computer you will have to grow a
    >thicker skin.

    A Tick filter would help also.
  41. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Kerry Brown wrote:
    > "JS" <user@example.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Kerry Brown wrote:
    >>
    >>>I agree that if you want help on this newsgroup you are better off by
    >>>posting in a language more people reading the post will understand.
    >>
    >>It's also a good idea to remove signature delimiters ("-- ") so people's
    >>newsreaders don't treat your entire post as a .sig!
    >>
    >>This is what your post looks like in Thunderbird:
    >>http://www.lesterj.f2s.com/tb.PNG
    >

    > My bad. I use OE and had been reading some graphics groups. I had HTML
    > turned on and forgot to turn it off. I tried TB but eventually went back to
    > OE. I guess I'm just used to it :-)

    No worries.

    Your message wasn't in HTML though - the text shows up grey because TB
    is treating it as a signature. IOW, if TB sees "-- " sans quotes on a
    line by itself, it treats any text that follows as part of the poster's
    signature, and, amongst other things, displays it in a pale font to
    differentiate it from the body of the message. (I don't believe OE does
    that. Some newsreaders don't.)
  42. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    > Kerry Brown wrote:
    >> "JS" <user@example.net> wrote in message

    >>>It's also a good idea to remove signature delimiters ("-- ") so people's
    >>>newsreaders don't treat your entire post as a .sig!
    >>>
    >>>This is what your post looks like in Thunderbird:
    >>>http://www.lesterj.f2s.com/tb.PNG
    >>

    >> My bad. I use OE and had been reading some graphics groups. I had HTML
    >> turned on and forgot to turn it off. I tried TB but eventually went back
    >> to OE. I guess I'm just used to it :-)
    >
    > No worries.
    >
    > Your message wasn't in HTML though - the text shows up grey because TB is
    > treating it as a signature. IOW, if TB sees "-- " sans quotes on a line by
    > itself, it treats any text that follows as part of the poster's signature,
    > and, amongst other things, displays it in a pale font to differentiate it
    > from the body of the message. (I don't believe OE does that. Some
    > newsreaders don't.)

    I had OE set to read HTML but reply in text. OE has a brain fart sometimes
    when set up that way and doesn't insert an > at the start of quoted lines. I
    usually notice it and change the setup before sending the post :-) I was
    posting inline as well, another no no. My girlfriend posts to some
    stationary groups so I need to read HTML for those groups.

    Kerry
  43. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Lou wrote:
    > On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 19:35:13 -0500, "Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> If you are going to be on line and using a computer you will have to
    >> grow a thicker skin.
    >
    > A Tick filter would help also.

    Oh *do* grow up! If you're too pathetically weak to have a hide as thick as
    your head, kill-file me. No skin off my nose.
  44. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 01:10:45 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com>
    wrote:

    >Lou wrote:
    >> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 19:35:13 -0500, "Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> If you are going to be on line and using a computer you will have to
    >>> grow a thicker skin.
    >>
    >> A Tick filter would help also.
    >
    >Oh *do* grow up! If you're too pathetically weak to have a hide as thick as
    >your head, kill-file me. No skin off my nose.

    I don't object to your whining - I was simply saying that the OP might benefit
    from a Tick filter.

    I do note, however, that I've yet to see you contribute anything to these
    forums, other than whining about grammar, spelling, or other non-technical
    mistakes, by people simply seeking technical assistance. I would recommend that
    YOU grow up.
  45. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Lou wrote:
    > On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 01:10:45 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
    > <test@test.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Lou wrote:

    >>> A Tick filter would help also.
    >>
    >> Oh *do* grow up! If you're too pathetically weak to have a hide as
    >> thick as your head, kill-file me. No skin off my nose.
    >
    > I don't object to your whining - I was simply saying that the OP
    > might benefit from a Tick filter.
    >
    > I do note, however, that I've yet to see you contribute anything to
    > these forums, other than whining about grammar, spelling, or other
    > non-technical mistakes, by people simply seeking technical
    > assistance. I would recommend that YOU grow up.

    So it's immature to care about one's native tongue, then? I am making a
    great contribution by doing so (as is Bobby). I believe (and I'm sure he
    would agree with me) that there is no greater contribution one can make than
    to educate someone in the proper nuances of what is, after all, supposed to
    be their native language.

    If a post is so poorly written (as in this case) as to be incomprehensible
    (as in this case) then pointing this out and making corrections, in the
    (albeit vain) hope that the OP will take them on board and post again more
    understandably, then it is contributing. Such posts are an embarrassment to
    the whole English-speaking world. There are 5-year-olds at the local infant
    school who could have done better. As Bobby said, wouldn't you be
    embarrassed if one of your relatives posted that poorly? I know I would.

    So, if wishing to maintain some standards of written English is being
    immature then I (and Bobby) are proud to be immature. The standard of
    English, both here and in other parts of the English-speaking world has
    degraded markedly, it's time someone stood up and corrected it. Maybe you'd
    like to attend a meeting of the Queen's English Society and inform them that
    they are all immature?

    But, of course, I don't expect someone like you to understand that.
  46. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

    <snipped at both ends>

    > Maybe you'd like to attend a meeting of the Queen's English Society
    > and inform them that they are all immature?

    Not the same thing. In case you hadn't noticed, this ain't the Queen's
    English Society. Hell, most of the English speakers here, aren't even
    subjects of any Queen. But the Queen's English Society would be the
    proper place for YOU to bitch and be anal about spelling and grammar.
    But logic isn't one of your strong suits.

    So take your spelling and grammar laming, and shove it sideways up your
    Queen's bloody arse!

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  47. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    <snip>

    > So it's immature to care about one's native tongue, then? I am making a
    > great contribution by doing so (as is Bobby). I believe (and I'm sure he
    > would agree with me) that there is no greater contribution one can make
    > than to educate someone in the proper nuances of what is, after all,
    > supposed to be their native language.
    >
    > If a post is so poorly written (as in this case) as to be incomprehensible
    > (as in this case) then pointing this out and making corrections, in the
    > (albeit vain) hope that the OP will take them on board and post again more
    > understandably, then it is contributing. Such posts are an embarrassment
    > to the whole English-speaking world. There are 5-year-olds at the local
    > infant school who could have done better. As Bobby said, wouldn't you be
    > embarrassed if one of your relatives posted that poorly? I know I would.
    >
    > So, if wishing to maintain some standards of written English is being
    > immature then I (and Bobby) are proud to be immature. The standard of
    > English, both here and in other parts of the English-speaking world has
    > degraded markedly, it's time someone stood up and corrected it. Maybe
    > you'd like to attend a meeting of the Queen's English Society and inform
    > them that they are all immature?
    >
    > But, of course, I don't expect someone like you to understand that.

    Pointing out poor grammar can be excused. Being rude while doing it can't.

    Kerry
  48. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 09:07:52 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com>
    wrote:

    >Lou wrote:
    >> On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 01:10:45 +0100, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
    >> <test@test.com> wrote:

    >>> Oh *do* grow up! If you're too pathetically weak to have a hide as
    >>> thick as your head, kill-file me. No skin off my nose.
    >>
    >> I don't object to your whining - I was simply saying that the OP
    >> might benefit from a Tick filter.
    >>
    >> I do note, however, that I've yet to see you contribute anything to
    >> these forums, other than whining about grammar, spelling, or other
    >> non-technical mistakes, by people simply seeking technical
    >> assistance. I would recommend that YOU grow up.
    >
    >So it's immature to care about one's native tongue, then? I am making a
    >great contribution by doing so (as is Bobby). I believe (and I'm sure he
    >would agree with me) that there is no greater contribution one can make than
    >to educate someone in the proper nuances of what is, after all, supposed to
    >be their native language.
    >
    >If a post is so poorly written (as in this case) as to be incomprehensible
    >(as in this case) then pointing this out and making corrections, in the
    >(albeit vain) hope that the OP will take them on board and post again more
    >understandably, then it is contributing. Such posts are an embarrassment to
    >the whole English-speaking world. There are 5-year-olds at the local infant
    >school who could have done better. As Bobby said, wouldn't you be
    >embarrassed if one of your relatives posted that poorly? I know I would.
    >
    >So, if wishing to maintain some standards of written English is being
    >immature then I (and Bobby) are proud to be immature. The standard of
    >English, both here and in other parts of the English-speaking world has
    >degraded markedly, it's time someone stood up and corrected it. Maybe you'd
    >like to attend a meeting of the Queen's English Society and inform them that
    >they are all immature?
    >
    >But, of course, I don't expect someone like you to understand that.

    This is a technical assistance forum. The purpose of writing here is to receive
    technical assistance with computer problems (Windows XP in this case).

    Everybody writing here for assistance won't speak your level of English. That's
    lamentable, yes, and you should be proud that you are properly educated, and can
    use proper grammar and punctuation in expressing yourself.

    That doesn't mean that you need to harass people here, who don't follow your
    excellent standards of communication, when they write about technical problems.
    Bobby, unlike you, does post frequently with technical assistance.

    Strictly speaking, this whole thread (with the exception of the first post by
    the OP) is off-topic. If this were a properly moderated forum (do they exist
    anymore?), this whole thread would have been deleted long ago.

    Please do maintain some standards of written English. Try to find somewhere
    like alt.english-speaking.anal-retentive.babies.

    Grow up.
  49. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Hey, Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God Queen of Australia and Her other Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth is the Queen of other places too. She is also Queen of some island near Europe, New Zealand, parts of North America, and other countries.

    She is also Head of the Church of England and a member of the Church of Scotland (like a Pope),

    "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in message news:usFTb%23XeFHA.2888@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
    >
    > <snipped at both ends>
    >
    >> Maybe you'd like to attend a meeting of the Queen's English Society
    >> and inform them that they are all immature?
    >
    > Not the same thing. In case you hadn't noticed, this ain't the Queen's
    > English Society. Hell, most of the English speakers here, aren't even
    > subjects of any Queen. But the Queen's English Society would be the
    > proper place for YOU to bitch and be anal about spelling and grammar.
    > But logic isn't one of your strong suits.
    >
    > So take your spelling and grammar laming, and shove it sideways up your
    > Queen's bloody arse!
    >
    > --
    > Peace!
    > Kurt