Memory recommendation for Aopen AK86-L

Mackenson

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2004
I am going to purchase an AMD64 300+ on an Aopen AK86-L motherboard.

I have spent untold hours trying to figure out a good memory config for this board, and it's been several years since I built a system so I am feeling pretty overwhelmed.

Anyway, I'm looking for 1gig of quality, stable memory with some good timings. Most of the manufacturers don't seem to have their mobo certifications up-to-date on their web site.

I've been shopping on newegg, and this is what I have in my shopping cart right now:

Mushkin 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 Level One Dual Pack - Retail
Manufacturer: Mushkin
Speed: DDR400(PC3200)
Type: 184 Pin DDR SDRAM
Error Checking: Non-ECC
Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
Cas Latency: 2-3-2
Support Voltage: 2.5V-2.75V
Bandwidth: 3.2GB/s
Organization: two 64M x 64 -Bit
Warranty: Lifetime more info>

Reasonable choice? This is $250, which is really about the most I want to spend on memory. I called Mushkin and they told me this memory is certified to work with the Aopen mobo.

That was long-winded. sorry. thanks for the advice.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I wouldn't get anything less than an nForce3 250 chipset board right now.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

darko21

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2003
Mushkin 2 x 512MB PC3500 High Performance L2 DDR

would be the best choice for this board. I'm sure the ram you picked will work just fine.

Great board btw anandtech highly recommends it.

If I glanced at a spilt box of tooth picks on the floor, could I tell you how many are in the pile. Not a chance, But then again I don't have to buy my underware at Kmart.