I do NOT recommend the Medusa 5.1 headset

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
June 24, 2006 10:46:22 AM

I ordered their 5.1 classic headset. What I recieved was a broken headset (one of the speakers was fuzzy when producing sound). When I asked about a replacement, they told me I would have to pay for shipping costs to return the broken headset I should have never received in the first place! I returned the headset and asked them to simply refund my money, which they only PARTIALLY did. They took out shipping costs for the original shipment of THEIR broken headset!

In the end, I had to pay shipping both ways for a broken headset which they should have caught in QA!

Do NOT buy from them, their customer service is as POOR as their Quality Assurance!
June 26, 2006 9:37:22 AM

Noiruuk

I am very surprised that you felt the need to post on here with regard our transaction together. The problem you were experiencing although unfortunate could quite easily have been cured within 24hrs and at the most would have cost an additional $4 leaving you with a fully working brand new set.

From ZIP Code 857** To ZIP Code 852** Priority Mail® 1 Day(s) $4.20

We have never tried to hide our return and support policies and they are on full view prior to anyone ordering from us.

Returns

We do not offer items for sale on a trial basis. Returns are accepted on faulty goods only and under the terms of the relevant warranties.

In exceptional circumstances non-faulty goods and/or goods not confirmed as faulty by the manufacturer are authorised for return but only on the understanding that all shipping fees including the fees in the original purchase are non refundable. A Re-Stocking fee of 15% would also apply to cover our overheads.

If you are experiencing problems with any item you have purchased please visit our support page.

Support

Medusa-USA are approved North American re-sellers of Speed-Link Headphones, Game controllers, Game Console equipment, Computer and Multimedia Periphery. Medusa-USA are not the manufacturers.

Speed-Link products are guaranteed for two years from the date of purchase in respect of workmanship and all built-in components. For the initial 12 months, Medusa-USA look after warranty issues and, for your convenience and peace of mind, have set up a warranty return centre in Arizona where in the unlikely event of a component failing and, on the authorisation of Speed-Link, returns can be sent to and replacements are issued out from. This saves you the worry, inconvenience and expense that would ensue in having to return it back to us here in the UK or to Speed-Link in Germany.

If you are experiencing installation, technical or compatibility problems with your Speed-Link product please read the FAQs below to see if your problem is covered there. If not then please call Speed-Link support on +49 4287 125 133 or visit their support site here..: -Speed-Link Support Centre- with as much detail as you can regarding the problems you are encountering and they will endeavour to offer a fix or workaround for your problem. If Speed-Link are unable to effect a fix and advise you to return the product to the original seller for replacement please complete the -RMA Request Form if you are a customer of Medusa-USA or contact your own re-seller if not.

If your Speed-Link product has a quite obvious fault, i.e Broken Earpiece, Rattling Amplifier, Cracked casing etc and you purchased from Medusa-USA then you do not need to contact Speed-Link prior to completing the RMA Request Form as we can accept warranty replacement requests direct on those.

From the RMA Request Form

Please Note:
Whilst we employ every resource to ensure that your item is replaced promptly without hassle, Medusa-USA do not pay return shipping costs for defective merchandise. We are not responsible for product defects as we do not manufacture the products we sell. However, we will split the shipping costs with you. If you pay to send the item back to us we will replace the item and ship the replacement to you at no charge.

I think it only fair that as you have brought our Customer Service skills into question I should give the full details of our transaction which includes dates and times so that the potential customers that you are trying to put off using our services can see just how well and quickly we respond to problems which were out of our control when they occur.