Sign in with
Your question

first student laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
September 23, 2008 9:39:44 PM

hi there & good evening!

1_What is your budget?
700€

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable

5_How much battery life do you need?
2 hours at least

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
oblivion & gothic 3 (medium if possible) & older games, possibly the new blizzard games like diablo III & starcraft II (never mind the the settings as long as i can play them. ... if they are released in my lifetime :sarcastic: )

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop?
Photo editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
at least 160gb

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
at LEAST 2 years

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
First i thought about buying a HP pavilion, then i heard that the service/support is pretty bad for the pavilion series
now i think about getting a Toshiba Satellite Pro A300D-15U >> http://geizhals.at/a353840.html <<
because
- i hope to get it for less than 650€
- its one of te few notebooks with a Mobility Radeon HD 3650, which i heard is a good choice for a budget gamer

13_What country do you live in?
Austria

A couple of questions:
-what would be your choice of a budgetgamer notebook?
-are there any other notebooks with a Mobility Radeon HD 3650 or a similar video card apart from the Toshiba Satellite Pro A300D-15U i could get for less than 800€?
-theres just 1 year warranty for the Toshiba Satellite Pro A300D-15U - a reason not to choose this one?
-it seems like the next toshiba partner from my hometown is quite a way up in germany - if i ever have to have it (my notebook ;)  ) repaired, do i have to post it there?
-whats a common price for a warranty extension from 1 year to 2 years and do i have to buy it TOGETHER with my notebook or after i received it?

thanks a lot!! (for answering my possibly stupid questions :whistle:  )
cheers
good night & good luck
:hello: 

More about : student laptop

a c 244 D Laptop
September 24, 2008 6:49:18 AM

Hello and welcome to the forums mate :) 
HD 3650 is a good medium range card and will hanlde those games.
On the NVIDIA side,the equal card is 8600MGT/9500MGS
!