Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 1 pc, usung XP Pro, has 2 user accounts - 1 a password protected
administrators account the second a limited account. It is quite a while
since we had to use the administrators account and on trying to use it today
it did not recognise the password.

How can we overcome this problem?

TIA

Tom

Hi

Please try the following link:

http://www3.telus.net/dandemar­/lostpass.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Tom" <Tom@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> On 1 pc, usung XP Pro, has 2 user accounts - 1 a password protected
> administrators account the second a limited account. It is quite a while
> since we had to use the administrators account and on trying to use it
> today it did not recognise the password.
>
> How can we overcome this problem?
>
> TIA
>
> Tom

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi Will

Thanks for your reply but on trying that link get:

404 Error... Page Not Found

Oops! 404 Error...

404? In other words, the file you are looking for was not found.

There are a number of reasons why this might be, such as the page may no
longer exists or was moved.

Help again please

Tom
404 Error... Page Not Found
> Hi
>
> Please try the following link:
>
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar­/lostpass.htm
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Tom" <Tom@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
>> On 1 pc, usung XP Pro, has 2 user accounts - 1 a password protected
>> administrators account the second a limited account. It is quite a while
>> since we had to use the administrators account and on trying to use it
>> today it did not recognise the password.
>>
>> How can we overcome this problem?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Tom

Hi

The link works OK from here. Try and copy/paste it in your browser:

> Hi Will
>
> Thanks for your reply but on trying that link get:
>
> 404 Error... Page Not Found
>

> Oops! 404 Error...
>
> 404? In other words, the file you are looking for was not found.
>
> There are a number of reasons why this might be, such as the page may no
> longer exists or was moved.
>

> Help again please
>
> Tom
> 404 Error... Page Not Found
>> Hi
>>
>> Please try the following link:
>>
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar­/lostpass.htm
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Tom" <Tom@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
>>> On 1 pc, usung XP Pro, has 2 user accounts - 1 a password protected
>>> administrators account the second a limited account. It is quite a while
>>> since we had to use the administrators account and on trying to use it
>>> today it did not recognise the password.
>>>
>>> How can we overcome this problem?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Tom

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks Will

That got me to the page will go thru the options & keep fingers crossed

Will post back to advice

Tom
> Hi
>
> The link works OK from here. Try and copy/paste it in your browser:
>
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/lostpass.htm
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Tom" <Tom@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Will
>>
>> Thanks for your reply but on trying that link get:
>>
>> 404 Error... Page Not Found
>>

>> Oops! 404 Error...
>>
>> 404? In other words, the file you are looking for was not found.
>>
>> There are a number of reasons why this might be, such as the page may no
>> longer exists or was moved.
>>

>> Help again please
>>
>> Tom
>> 404 Error... Page Not Found
>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Please try the following link:
>>>
>>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar­/lostpass.htm
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Will Denny
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>>

>>> "Tom" <Tom@NoSpam.com> wrote in message

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi Will

Have tried options 3 to 7 with no success, in both cases of option 5 & 7 a
message about entering a password appears and you can't get any further.
There are no other administrator accounts on that pc apart from that account
and the account we are trying to access.

Any other suggestions

Tom

Have tried
> Thanks Will
>
> That got me to the page will go thru the options & keep fingers crossed
>
> Will post back to advice
>
> Tom
>> Hi
>>
>> The link works OK from here. Try and copy/paste it in your browser:
>>
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/lostpass.htm
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Tom" <Tom@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Will
>>>
>>> Thanks for your reply but on trying that link get:
>>>
>>> 404 Error... Page Not Found
>>>

>>> Oops! 404 Error...
>>>
>>> 404? In other words, the file you are looking for was not found.
>>>
>>> There are a number of reasons why this might be, such as the page may no
>>> longer exists or was moved.
>>>

>>> Help again please
>>>
>>> Tom
>>> 404 Error... Page Not Found
>>> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message

hiiiiiiii tom if the computer is not recognizing the password then if u have
password reset key u can reset it but if u don`t have then.u have to Format
ur pc and reload winXP again.

"Tom" wrote:

> On 1 pc, usung XP Pro, has 2 user accounts - 1 a password protected
> administrators account the second a limited account. It is quite a while
> since we had to use the administrators account and on trying to use it today
> it did not recognise the password.
>
> How can we overcome this problem?
>
> TIA
>
> Tom

Malke

Rahul Jain wrote:

> hiiiiiiii tom if the computer is not recognizing the password then if
> u have password reset key u can reset it but if u don`t have then.u
> have to Format ur pc and reload winXP again.

Nonsense. That's terrible advice.

> "Tom" wrote:
>
>> On 1 pc, usung XP Pro, has 2 user accounts - 1 a password protected
>> administrators account the second a limited account. It is quite a
>> while since we had to use the administrators account and on trying to
>> use it today it did not recognise the password.
>>
>> How can we overcome this problem?

Tom, use NTpasswd and change the administrator password to a blank. It's
very easy. Here is the link to the program and the instructions.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com