Can't change read-only attribute on files

June 23, 2005 11:03:19 AM

I have one person in our company that has Windows XP Home Edition.

Suddenly (he says it worked before), all of his files are set to
read-only. And if he changes the attribute and applies, it comes back.

It acts like the folder attribute, and I've read all about folder's and
read-only and how it doesn't do much, etc. This is with the files.

Any ideas?
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 2:13:30 PM

Try with the true "administrator" account. His standard account may now be
set to a "non-administrator" type account and will not store any changes to
file configs.

!