Can't change read-only attribute on files

I have one person in our company that has Windows XP Home Edition.

Suddenly (he says it worked before), all of his files are set to
read-only. And if he changes the attribute and applies, it comes back.

It acts like the folder attribute, and I've read all about folder's and
read-only and how it doesn't do much, etc. This is with the files.

Any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about change read only attribute files

    Try with the true "administrator" account. His standard account may now be
    set to a "non-administrator" type account and will not store any changes to
    file configs.

    "exg" <exg@sabinmetal.com> wrote in message
    >I have one person in our company that has Windows XP Home Edition.
    >
    > Suddenly (he says it worked before), all of his files are set to
    > read-only. And if he changes the attribute and applies, it comes back.
    >
    > It acts like the folder attribute, and I've read all about folder's and
    > read-only and how it doesn't do much, etc. This is with the files.
    >
    > Any ideas?

Read Only Microsoft Windows XP