Game Queue slow?

Waldo

Hi all,

I'm a former PBEM Dipper who's been away from the hobby for a few
years. Recently got a jones and decided to get back into a game, so I
signed up on the game queue over at diplom.org.

That was Monday. Today is Friday. In four days, I've moved from being
#15 in the queue to being #14. At this rate, I'll be in a game
sometime around the end of March.

I used the queue regularly back in the old days (we're talking late
1990s here) and it was pretty snappy -- I remember getting on games in,
usually, a couple of days.

Has the game queue slowed way down, or is this just a bad week?
thanks in advance,

Waldo

"Waldo" <peggoliathy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a former PBEM Dipper who's been away from the hobby for a few
> years. Recently got a jones and decided to get back into a game, so I
> signed up on the game queue over at diplom.org.
>
> That was Monday. Today is Friday. In four days, I've moved from being
> #15 in the queue to being #14. At this rate, I'll be in a game
> sometime around the end of March.

So, you put your name on the "Newbie" Queue -- since that is the only one
that currently has more than 14 people on it. Are you a Newbie?

> I used the queue regularly back in the old days (we're talking late
> 1990s here)

Hmm, guess not. But if you've been away for over 5 years, I suppose most
GMs will let you slide once.

> and it was pretty snappy -- I remember getting on games in,
> usually, a couple of days.
>
> Has the game queue slowed way down, or is this just a bad week?
> thanks in advance,
>
> Waldo

Waldo, the Queue is not a continuous function. Names come off in bunches
when a GM starts a new game, not at a regular, predictable rate. At #14,
you're only two games away from being called. The short answer is, you can
be on the Queue anywhere from one or two days to a couple of weeks,
depending on supply and demand.

Russ

--
I don't actually read my hotmail account, but you can replace hotmail with
excite if you really want to reach me.