Sign in with
Your question

BOOTMGR Is Missing

Last response: in Windows 7
August 22, 2012 3:13:18 AM

I built myself a computer like today and it was working fine 3 hours ago and I shut off the computer. 3 Hours later, I turn it back on, it goes into the screen that says: "BOOTMGR is missing. Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to restart". So I searched up some things and it says to put my Windows 7 installation disc in and repair it. But when I go into the repair mode, it gives me the error "the version of system recovery options is not compatible with the versn of windows you are trying to repair". Please help me guys. I am scared to death right now.

More about : bootmgr missing

a b $ Windows 7
August 22, 2012 3:45:07 AM

Bootmgr shouldn't just 'disappear' and assuming that you used the same Install disk to install Windows, it shouldn't give you that msg... Hardware problem? Memory perhaps. Is your HDD a new one?
Create a bootable CD with lots of tests, and a MBR tool
http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/
In the short term try running your system with a stick of RAM removed to try to eliminate memory probs, and if your BIOS supports memory tests and HDD tests run them as well. Also check all your Mobo connections, esp SATA connectors and DIMM slots
m
l
August 22, 2012 6:01:21 AM

justanormalkid said:
I built myself a computer like today and it was working fine 3 hours ago and I shut off the computer. 3 Hours later, I turn it back on, it goes into the screen that says: "BOOTMGR is missing. Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to restart". So I searched up some things and it says to put my Windows 7 installation disc in and repair it. But when I go into the repair mode, it gives me the error "the version of system recovery options is not compatible with the versn of windows you are trying to repair". Please help me guys. I am scared to death right now.

Make sure your primary OS drive is in the boot list with proper priority.
m
l
!