VX922?Good choice?

donco

Distinguished
May 27, 2006
hey guys, im searching for a new monitor sinced my old CRT just died. I do a lot of gaming and i also watch a lot of movies. I saw a lot of people talking about the VX922 for its gaming performance but it seems like its really bad for movies. i dont have a big budget ($250-300USD). So should i still buy it or choose another one. If u can find a widescreen that would fit in my budget, appreciated.

thx

tyr86

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2005
Well, hard to help ya here. You do alot of gaming, so you can have that vx922 as your primary monitor, but you also watch lots of movies. I've watched a few movies on my vx922, and yeah, it's not as nice as the DVI to DVI connection to my Westinghouse LCD TV, but the vx922 is alright.

Ideally, I'd say use your vx922 as your primary and then get a secondary monitor for movies or a giant DVI cable like I did and hook it up to your TV, but there's always a budget involved. :roll:

Bottom line: It depends on how much gaming you do compared to how many movies you watch.

EasyStreet

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
My CRT is also dying after 8 years of hard use. I have looked at a lot of the LCD's and I'm considering the VX922, or the Samsung 940BF. I just can't figure which one is best. Right now I'm leaning towards the Samsung 940BF but I havent seen many reviews on it.

Does anyone here use a VX922 or a Samsung 940BF that can tell us their experiences?