Sign in with
Your question

Computer stuck on starting screen[help!]

Last response: in Windows 7
August 22, 2012 5:11:57 AM

Hello, I recently upgraded my computers power supply and graphics card to brand new ones. When I oot my computer up, it is now stuck on "windows is starting" screen. When I try to boot in any of the safe modes, I load up to atipcie.sys then my computer freezes and never continues to load the rest of safe mode. When I click repair computer, I get stuck at the Blue windows screen, and as soon as it starts up a cmd box pops up then quickly closes before I could even read it. I also tried loading last working configuration but no luck. Even when I load boot recovery mode, a cmd box comes up quick then closes and continues to be stuck. Any help?
August 22, 2012 5:17:52 AM

Barthe143 said:
Hello, I recently upgraded my computers power supply and graphics card to brand new ones. When I oot my computer up, it is now stuck on "windows is starting" screen. When I try to boot in any of the safe modes, I load up to atipcie.sys then my computer freezes and never continues to load the rest of safe mode. When I click repair computer, I get stuck at the Blue windows screen, and as soon as it starts up a cmd box pops up then quickly closes before I could even read it. I also tried loading last working configuration but no luck. Even when I load boot recovery mode, a cmd box comes up quick then closes and continues to be stuck. Any help?

Put the other card back in, boot up (hopefully) remove the graphics drivers.

Reinstall your other card. Reinstall drivers. Hope that works :) 
m
l
August 22, 2012 5:22:27 AM

Hello. My old graphics card was integrated, so shouldn't I be able to boot the computer with or without my current graphics card? Thank you for the reply.
m
l
Related resources
August 22, 2012 5:24:05 AM

Barthe143 said:
Hello. My old graphics card was integrated, so shouldn't I be able to boot the computer with or without my current graphics card? Thank you for the reply.

Well you can take the card out and try it :) 

Although your BIOS would hopefully be smart enough, you should make sure there isn't an option to disable the integrated graphics with your second graphics card in the system :) 
m
l
August 22, 2012 5:29:54 AM

onichikun said:
Well you can take the card out and try it :) 

Although your BIOS would hopefully be smart enough, you should make sure there isn't an option to disable the integrated graphics with your second graphics card in the system :) 

Thanks for the response. Seems like I had my graphics card in but not powered up( connectors not connected). Connected the graphics card but still same issue.
m
l
August 22, 2012 5:32:05 AM

Yeah definately make sure to follow the manual of the card to make sure you have the proper power requirements etc. for the card. But since its not working my original suggestions still stand.
m
l
August 22, 2012 5:34:00 AM

onichikun said:
Yeah definately make sure to follow the manual of the card to make sure you have the proper power requirements etc. for the card. But since its not working my original suggestions still stand.

My power should be enough (630w for a ~500w card). How do I check my bios to see if that option is ticked? Thanks for the response.
m
l
August 22, 2012 5:51:41 AM

Barthe143 said:
My power should be enough (630w for a ~500w card). How do I check my bios to see if that option is ticked? Thanks for the response.

I doubt the card needs that much power, you prolly read the suggested PSU rating - so 630w should be sufficient.

Your bios depends on your motherboard, but I find it odd that any modern board wouldnt be able to handle what you did , unless there is an odd bios bug.

I would try removing the card, purging drivers, and seeing if that helps before messing with your bios.
m
l
August 22, 2012 6:09:24 AM

I have tried with and without the card, no dice.
m
l
!