Paradox predicts Diplomatic times ahead!

Stockholm Feb 3, 2005 - After much secrecy and the successful dodging of
various infiltration attempts, developer and publisher Paradox Interactive
finally revealed today that their next title under development is
Diplomacy®! Hailed as one of the best board games in the world, Diplomacy®
is being developed on a new engine that will cater for classical board game
features as well as new fresh ideas based on the approved game design.

"We are all huge fans of the original board game Diplomacy® and want to stay
true to the identity and feel, that makes the game so unique", says Fredrik
Lindgren, Director of Marketing and Sales at Paradox Interactive. "At the
same time the vision and ideas we are working on are strong enough to bring
Diplomacy® into the new millennium which will most definitely attract a new
generation of players as well as the true Diplomacy® veterans."

Paradox licensed the worldwide rights to bring Diplomacy® to the interactive
arena in July 2004 and has since been working on the project. The
development team behind Diplomacy® is known for specializing in strategy
games and has such successful titles behind them as the Europa Univeralis®
and Hearts of IronT franchise. The game is scheduled for release on the PC
platform in Q3 or Q4 2005.

About Paradox Interactive:

Paradox Interactive has since 1999 been a leading developer and publisher of
strategy games for the PC platform. Well renowned in their niche of strategy
games, the company's distribution network and followers span the globe.
Paradox's experienced team has worked on more than 16 titles, including such
best-selling games as Europa Universalis®, Crusader Kings and Hearts of
IronT.

Dear Frankie,

This is great news. Although I want to point that the PC version of
Hasbro contained many bugs in the judging of moves of the players.
For this reason, the version got negative publicity

This can be avoided by using my extensive test set:

http://web.inter.nl.net/users/L.B.Kruijswijk/

Maybe your developers already found this link, otherwise,
it can ease their work, because they don't have to make
the test set by theirselves.

Regards,

Lucas Kruijswijk

"Frankie Howerd" <frankiehowerd@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:nsZMd.27393$Np4.13081@fe06.lga...

Frankie Howerd wrote:

>Stockholm Feb 3, 2005 - After much secrecy and the successful dodging of
>various infiltration attempts, developer and publisher Paradox Interactive
>finally revealed today that their next title under development is
>Diplomacy®! Hailed as one of the best board games in the world, Diplomacy®
>is being developed on a new engine that will cater for classical board game
>features as well as new fresh ideas based on the approved game design.
>
>"We are all huge fans of the original board game Diplomacy® and want to stay
>true to the identity and feel, that makes the game so unique", says Fredrik
>Lindgren, Director of Marketing and Sales at Paradox Interactive. "At the
>same time the vision and ideas we are working on are strong enough to bring
>Diplomacy® into the new millennium which will most definitely attract a new
>generation of players as well as the true Diplomacy® veterans."
>
>Paradox licensed the worldwide rights to bring Diplomacy® to the interactive
>arena in July 2004

Pardon me for asking, but how will Paradox define "interactive"? In
other words, will it now be illegal for any JUDGE server to exist?

-- Don