Sign in with
Your question

Motorola Xoom - 3G not working?

Last response: in Mobile Computing
May 9, 2011 2:28:16 PM

Hi everyone,

Quick run down of my situation.

I got a Xoom 3G & wifi, works fine no problems. On first day of having it, tried my phone sim in the 3G slot and worked fine, picked up network etc. Got a Three micro-sim with an adapter and put it in the 3G slot, worked first time but got no signal (which was fine, i live rurally and thus may be out of coverage area). Restarted the device to see if a restart would get a connection this time round, when the OS booted, everything was fine but the device wouldn't even recognise that a sim card was in there. Tried my phone sim (the one that worked first time fine) and that doesn't work, tried my mother's sim and friends sim, none work. It's as if there is no sim card in there.

I tried looking down the slot to see if there was anything untoward but couldn't spot anything from that limited view.

What's your thoughts? Should i send it back for being broken?

Thanks.

More about : motorola xoom working

Anonymous
May 25, 2011 7:21:43 PM

Griffolion said:
Hi everyone,

Quick run down of my situation.

I got a Xoom 3G & wifi, works fine no problems. On first day of having it, tried my phone sim in the 3G slot and worked fine, picked up network etc. Got a Three micro-sim with an adapter and put it in the 3G slot, worked first time but got no signal (which was fine, i live rurally and thus may be out of coverage area). Restarted the device to see if a restart would get a connection this time round, when the OS booted, everything was fine but the device wouldn't even recognise that a sim card was in there. Tried my phone sim (the one that worked first time fine) and that doesn't work, tried my mother's sim and friends sim, none work. It's as if there is no sim card in there.

I tried looking down the slot to see if there was anything untoward but couldn't spot anything from that limited view.

What's your thoughts? Should i send it back for being broken?

Thanks.

I'm having the same problem. Did you solved it?
m
l
July 27, 2011 9:22:18 AM

Agh, I'm having exactly the same problem (apart from a SIM card has never been recognised)! Do you think this may be because the update to enable the SD slot hasn't been released yet? I've tried SIM cards from several different operators and also worried I was sent the wi-fi only rather than wi-fi+3G model lol! Has anyone had any luck with this?
m
l
Related resources
August 16, 2011 12:09:37 AM

:pfff:  ...and here another one with the same problem...won't recognise the SIM card, also tried different providers and the same card works flawlessly in my Galaxy Tab, so the problem is not the SIM card!
Although my XOOM regognises wehn I pull the SIM card out, amessage appears that no SIM card is inserted and after re Inserting it and restarting the device the message doesn't appear anymore, only it doesn't connect...neither to 2G nor to 3G...really frustrating...even after several soft resets.
Can anyone help please?
m
l
!