WinXP SP2 / MN500 comatability

dennis

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003

I have the MN500 router and a PC using Win XP with SP2.
When I activate the Broadband Network Utility, since I
installed SP2, I get a warning that it's not compatible.
Yet it works fine, and if I disregard the warning
everything is fine.
How do I either ditch the warning screen or make the
router compatible with service pack 2?
Thanks.

Hmmmm. Why are using the MBNU with SP-2? MBNU was made
for pre-WinXP OS setup and installation. SP-2 offers you
a MUCH better way of wireless networking even than SP-1.
I'd just ditch it.

A fix from the MSBBN team is forthcoming around the SP2 RTM timeframe. The
fix is not going to be coming from the Windows Team.

In the meantime, there's nothing you can't setup by going to the web
interface for the router, or by using Wireless Zero Config for your wireless
nics.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -