How do you eliminate a set-up & system password in X-P

Hello, my club has a computer with the X-P operating system. As a security
precaution I assigned a system and set-up password when we installed the
computer. Some users are now complaining that they are having trouble
logging into the system and want to eliminate it. The set-up program shows
both passwords as being "enabled". When I hit the space bar it asks for the
password and then asks to confirm it but nothing more. How can I completely
eliminate both passwords?

Malke

bill mackey wrote:

> Hello, my club has a computer with the X-P operating system. As a
> security precaution I assigned a system and set-up password when we
> installed the
> computer. Some users are now complaining that they are having trouble
> logging into the system and want to eliminate it. The set-up program
> shows
> both passwords as being "enabled". When I hit the space bar it asks
> for the
> password and then asks to confirm it but nothing more. How can I
> completely eliminate both passwords?

Are you talking about BIOS passwords? If so, log in with the setup
password you set and hit the Enter key (not the spacebar key) and now
you will be in the BIOS setup. Disable the passwords there.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Try this:

Go to Start, Run, and type: control userpasswords2
Hit enter,

Uncheck - Users must enter a name and password to use this computer
Hit Apply and OK.

REBOOT

"bill mackey" <princeofpiedmont475@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Hello, my club has a computer with the X-P operating system. As a
> security
> precaution I assigned a system and set-up password when we installed the
> computer. Some users are now complaining that they are having trouble
> logging into the system and want to eliminate it. The set-up program
> shows
> both passwords as being "enabled". When I hit the space bar it asks for
> the
> password and then asks to confirm it but nothing more. How can I
> completely
> eliminate both passwords?

Enter the pre-existing password and then tab through the new
password fields to leave them empty or Null. If you don't know
the current password, you'll need to use the BIOS reset jumper
to reset BIOS to "Default" values.