How do you eliminate a set-up & system password in X-P

Hello, my club has a computer with the X-P operating system. As a security
precaution I assigned a system and set-up password when we installed the
computer. Some users are now complaining that they are having trouble
logging into the system and want to eliminate it. The set-up program shows
both passwords as being "enabled". When I hit the space bar it asks for the
password and then asks to confirm it but nothing more. How can I completely
eliminate both passwords?
3 answers Last reply
More about eliminate system password

    Try this:

    Go to Start, Run, and type: control userpasswords2
    Hit enter,

    Uncheck - Users must enter a name and password to use this computer
    Hit Apply and OK.

    REBOOT

    bill mackey wrote:

    > Hello, my club has a computer with the X-P operating system. As a
    > security precaution I assigned a system and set-up password when we
    > installed the
    > computer. Some users are now complaining that they are having trouble
    > logging into the system and want to eliminate it. The set-up program
    > shows
    > both passwords as being "enabled". When I hit the space bar it asks
    > for the
    > password and then asks to confirm it but nothing more. How can I
    > completely eliminate both passwords?

    Are you talking about BIOS passwords? If so, log in with the setup
    password you set and hit the Enter key (not the spacebar key) and now
    you will be in the BIOS setup. Disable the passwords there.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Enter the pre-existing password and then tab through the new
    password fields to leave them empty or Null. If you don't know
    the current password, you'll need to use the BIOS reset jumper
    to reset BIOS to "Default" values.

    "Bill Mackey" <whmackey@erols.com> wrote in message
    > Malke wrote:
    >
    >>bill mackey wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hello, my club has a computer with the X-P operating system. As a
    >>>security precaution I assigned a system and set-up password when we
    >>>installed the
    >>>computer. Some users are now complaining that they are having trouble
    >>>logging into the system and want to eliminate it. The set-up program
    >>>shows
    >>>both passwords as being "enabled". When I hit the space bar it asks
    >>>for the
    >>>password and then asks to confirm it but nothing more. How can I
    >>>completely eliminate both passwords?
    >>>

    >>Are you talking about BIOS passwords? If so, log in with the setup
    >>password you set and hit the Enter key (not the spacebar key) and now
    >>you will be in the BIOS setup. Disable the passwords there.
    >>
    >>Malke
    >>

    > Yes, I am talking about BIOS passwords. How do I disable the passwords
    > in the BIOS set-up program. Once I log into set-up and schroll down to
    > "system and set-up passwords (they are shown as "enabled"), how do I
    > disable the passwords. BIOs is asking me to type in the passwords and
    > confirm them, but gives no inkling of how to delete them.

Computers Microsoft Windows XP