I just got Windows XP Home and want to add the fax. The article on faxing by
Sharon Crawford said to go to Control Panel; Add/Remove and click on Fax.
There is no Fax in the list. Any suggestions?

Robert Thurman

You have to click on "Add/Remove Windows Components",
then place a check next to "Fax Services" and click Next.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"RS Thurman" wrote:

| I just got Windows XP Home and want to add the fax. The article on faxing by
| Sharon Crawford said to go to Control Panel; Add/Remove and click on Fax.
| There is no Fax in the list. Any suggestions?
|
| Robert Thurman

Alias

"RS Thurman" <RS Thurman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

>I just got Windows XP Home and want to add the fax. The article on faxing
>by
> Sharon Crawford said to go to Control Panel; Add/Remove and click on Fax.
> There is no Fax in the list. Any suggestions?
>
> Robert Thurman

It's not on that list. It's on the Windows list. Look on the left hand side
of Add/Remove and you will see what you need to click on.

Once you do that, have your XP CD handy, btw, you also need to activate the
fax in Services and activate your modem's properties to receive faxes.

Alias