Cannot clear DNS cache

I head the following problem:
"Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following
action cannot be completed: clearing the dns cache"

I tried running cmd and to flush the cache manually (ipconfig /flushdns)
but had another error message:

"Coul not flush the DNS Resolver Cache: Function failed during execution"

Am running XP SP2.
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot clear cache

    Try disabling the DNS cache per
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm and then re-enable it if you
    determine you really need it.

    --
    Leo Feret - "I'm not always at the keyboard;
    ·|Ô¿Ô¬|· sometimes I use the trackball."

Cache DNS Windows XP