USTX E-Mail Address Change

Effective immediately, the address for USTX has changed.
Please use the new address for all future mail to the judge.
The new address is ustx -at- spencersoft -dot- net.
Note, that's .NET not .COM.

Mail to the old address will still be processed, but at a much
slower rate. Previously, the judge polled for mail at
ustx -at- spencersoft -dot- com once every five seconds. That has
now been changed to once every two minutes. On Saturday, February
19th, that will change again to once every 45 minutes. On or
about March 1st, the judge will stop polling for mail at
ustx -at- spencersoft -dot- com entirely.

GMs, please be sure to broadcast this information to all
players in all of your games.

I expect that with this change, response times from USTX
will improve greatly.

I apologize for the suddenness of this change, but it has
been forced on me by circumstances beyond my control.

(Please note, my personal e-mail address and the JK address
are not changing.)

Greg
USTX Judgekeeper
2 answers Last reply
More about ustx mail address change
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    Gregory A Greenman <see@sig.below> writes:

    Allow me to take this rare opportunity to salute the tireless
    Judge Keepers who work behind the scenes to keep this hobby
    free and available. Thanks to Greg and the rest..... as
    many of you may not know, the Judges are hosted in an interesting
    set of ways (I'm not sure what Greg's one is precisely) and
    the JudgeKeepers do amazing work behind the scenes to keep
    them operating.

    Thanks, Greg,
    Jim-Bob

    >Effective immediately, the address for USTX has changed.
    >Please use the new address for all future mail to the judge.
    >The new address is ustx -at- spencersoft -dot- net.
    >Note, that's .NET not .COM.

    >Mail to the old address will still be processed, but at a much
    >slower rate. Previously, the judge polled for mail at
    >ustx -at- spencersoft -dot- com once every five seconds. That has
    >now been changed to once every two minutes. On Saturday, February
    >19th, that will change again to once every 45 minutes. On or
    >about March 1st, the judge will stop polling for mail at
    >ustx -at- spencersoft -dot- com entirely.

    >GMs, please be sure to broadcast this information to all
    >players in all of your games.

    >I expect that with this change, response times from USTX
    >will improve greatly.

    >I apologize for the suddenness of this change, but it has
    >been forced on me by circumstances beyond my control.

    >(Please note, my personal e-mail address and the JK address
    >are not changing.)

    >Greg
    >USTX Judgekeeper
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    In article <cv4viu$po7$2@pcls4.std.com>, Jim Burgess
    <burgess@TheWorld.com> declared...
    > Gregory A Greenman <see@sig.below> writes:
    >
    > Allow me to take this rare opportunity to salute the tireless
    > Judge Keepers who work behind the scenes to keep this hobby
    > free and available. Thanks to Greg and the rest..... as
    > many of you may not know, the Judges are hosted in an interesting
    > set of ways (I'm not sure what Greg's one is precisely) and
    > the JudgeKeepers do amazing work behind the scenes to keep
    > them operating.

    Thank you Jim.

    Mary Ann, The Professor and I appreciate your comments.

    --
    Greg
    ----

Games Email Video Games