Looking for a new Laptop for my wife. General computing and some games as my son gets older Considering
HP dv4T for about $900:
• Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
• Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor P8400 (2.26 GHz)
• 14.1" diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP LED Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)
• FREE Upgrade to 3GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm) from 2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 50% OFF 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS
• FREE Upgrade to 250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
• [For LED Display] Webcam + Fingerprint Reader
• HP Color Matching Keyboard
• Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-card with Bluetooth
• No Integrated WWAN
• No Modem
• SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
• No TV Tuner w/remote control
• High Capacity 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
• Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
The HP seems like the winner (pink color option aside) Is there any advantages the Dell is going to have over HP or vice versa. Is there any downside to the HP that I should keep looking for a better deal on the Dell?
i have a hp myself with 7200go card nv. i can't download real drivers from nvidia because hp made this card. it doesn't even exist if you ask me.
No, that would be because NVidia doesn't officially support mobility cards, except for a select few from only a couple of companies. Otherwise it's the same with every laptop on the market. You can, however, find modified drivers from sites like www.laptopvideo2go.com.