Cyclic RedundancyError

Hi,

A while back, I made backups using my CD RW drive onto CD. Recently, My
hard drive crashed and I am currently in the process of putting my documents
back on to the new drive. I have XP Professional SP2 installed in the
computer.

However, when I tried using Windows Explorer to copy the files from the Cd
RW disk to my Hard drive, I received the following error:

Data Error - Cyclic Redundancy Error

I have taken the Cd to another and tried to copy the files and it works just
fine. However when I tried to make a new CD of the files, the CD Burning
software that I used said that the Data Verification failed. I could copy
the files from the new CD to my hard Drive.

What can I do to repair the data? What should I check?

Can I be sure that the new CD is reliable to use?
--
Kim Milliner
kims-stuff@sympatico.ca

    Kim check here
    http://www.google.com/search?biw=792&hl=en&q=Data+Error+-+Cyclic+Redundancy+Error&btnG=Google+Search

    "Kim" <Kims-stuff@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > A while back, I made backups using my CD RW drive onto CD. Recently, My
    > hard drive crashed and I am currently in the process of putting my
    > documents
    > back on to the new drive. I have XP Professional SP2 installed in the
    > computer.
    >
    > However, when I tried using Windows Explorer to copy the files from the Cd
    > RW disk to my Hard drive, I received the following error:
    >
    > Data Error - Cyclic Redundancy Error
    >
    > I have taken the Cd to another and tried to copy the files and it works
    > just
    > fine. However when I tried to make a new CD of the files, the CD Burning
    > software that I used said that the Data Verification failed. I could copy
    > the files from the new CD to my hard Drive.
    >
    > What can I do to repair the data? What should I check?
    >
    > Can I be sure that the new CD is reliable to use?
    > --
    > Kim Milliner
    > kims-stuff@sympatico.ca

    http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/cyclic-redundancy.html

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Kim wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > A while back, I made backups using my CD RW drive onto CD. Recently, My
    > hard drive crashed and I am currently in the process of putting my documents
    > back on to the new drive. I have XP Professional SP2 installed in the
    > computer.
    >
    > However, when I tried using Windows Explorer to copy the files from the Cd
    > RW disk to my Hard drive, I received the following error:
    >
    > Data Error - Cyclic Redundancy Error
    >
    > I have taken the Cd to another and tried to copy the files and it works just
    > fine. However when I tried to make a new CD of the files, the CD Burning
    > software that I used said that the Data Verification failed. I could copy
    > the files from the new CD to my hard Drive.
    >
    > What can I do to repair the data? What should I check?
    >
    > Can I be sure that the new CD is reliable to use?

CD-Rom Hard Drives Windows XP