Cyclic RedundancyError

kim

Hi,

A while back, I made backups using my CD RW drive onto CD. Recently, My
hard drive crashed and I am currently in the process of putting my documents
back on to the new drive. I have XP Professional SP2 installed in the
computer.

However, when I tried using Windows Explorer to copy the files from the Cd
RW disk to my Hard drive, I received the following error:

Data Error - Cyclic Redundancy Error

I have taken the Cd to another and tried to copy the files and it works just
fine. However when I tried to make a new CD of the files, the CD Burning
software that I used said that the Data Verification failed. I could copy
the files from the new CD to my hard Drive.

What can I do to repair the data? What should I check?

Can I be sure that the new CD is reliable to use?
--
Kim Milliner
kims-stuff@sympatico.ca

Kim check here
http://www.google.com/search?biw=792&hl=en&q=Data+Error+-+Cyclic+Redundancy+Error&btnG=Google+Search

"Kim" <Kims-stuff@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> A while back, I made backups using my CD RW drive onto CD. Recently, My
> hard drive crashed and I am currently in the process of putting my
> documents
> back on to the new drive. I have XP Professional SP2 installed in the
> computer.
>
> However, when I tried using Windows Explorer to copy the files from the Cd
> RW disk to my Hard drive, I received the following error:
>
> Data Error - Cyclic Redundancy Error
>
> I have taken the Cd to another and tried to copy the files and it works
> just
> fine. However when I tried to make a new CD of the files, the CD Burning
> software that I used said that the Data Verification failed. I could copy
> the files from the new CD to my hard Drive.
>
> What can I do to repair the data? What should I check?
>
> Can I be sure that the new CD is reliable to use?
> --
> Kim Milliner
> kims-stuff@sympatico.ca

http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/cyclic-redundancy.html