No Active Mixer devices available.

June 23, 2005 4:34:01 PM

I have Windows XP Home Edition SP2, SoundMAX Integrated Audio, P-4 2.4 GHZ
Processor, 768 MG RAM, 80 Gb Harddrive, G-Force 5200 Ultra 128 Vid-Card.

Since aproximately two maybe three weeks ago I have gotten the following
error message whenever I try to access my Volume Control.

"There are no active mxier devices available. To install mixer devices, go
to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add
Hardware.

The program will now close."

Its described solution doesn't work.
I've checked device manage all drivers are updated and devices are working
properly.
I still get the same message.
Tried looking just about everywhere else for a solution, nothing has worked.
Need help.

More about : active mixer devices

June 23, 2005 8:16:53 PM

Hoffman wrote:

> I have Windows XP Home Edition SP2, SoundMAX Integrated Audio, P-4 2.4
> GHZ Processor, 768 MG RAM, 80 Gb Harddrive, G-Force 5200 Ultra 128
> Vid-Card.
>
> Since aproximately two maybe three weeks ago I have gotten the
> following error message whenever I try to access my Volume Control.
>
> "There are no active mxier devices available. To install mixer
> devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and
> then click Add Hardware.
>
> The program will now close."
>
> Its described solution doesn't work.
> I've checked device manage all drivers are updated and devices are
> working properly.
> I still get the same message.
> Tried looking just about everywhere else for a solution, nothing has
> worked. Need help.

Reinstall your sound card drivers.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Check the sound card.Unistall/reinstall and update the audio
driver.Visit manufacturer's site to download and install the latest driver.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

!