Discwizard 2003 for Seagate S-ATA Drive.

XSportSeeker

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Just bought a 120Gb S-ATA Barracuda Series Hard Disk from Seagate, and it is working fine.
The seller recommended me to get the official stuff from Seagate's site... so I got Discwizard 2003... and it just doesn't work!
Running WinXP, I downloaded the program twice already, it installs with no problems, but when I try to run it, it gives me a "Illegal reference adress. Memory can't be "read"" problem then shuts down the program.
If someone knows how to solve this, I'd like to know... and if not, do you guys know what would be the difference if I used the program? I just formated the drive on WinXP and it's working properly.
One last thing: People who sold me said all sorts of stuff about Seagate, but they were selling it to me after all... so, how's seagate on the HD scenario nowadays? I always bought Quantum stuff, so I don't really know about seagate... (last Seagate drive I had was a 40Mb extra large one when I had PC-XT with monocromatic monitor.. hehehe)

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by XSportSeeker on 04/20/04 04:04 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

etp777

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2004
I Buy seagates in case quantitites to replace drives from other manufacturers that have gone bad. Never had trouble with them, from my first MFM drives in my old XTs up to the SATA drives I've bought in last month. Only Seagate I've had die was becaues I dropped it. :)

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If you run XP, talk to MS about it. There are no "guaranties" for XP acceping programs well, look all over the net.

They have a floppy version of it, works from DOS, no XP required ;)

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

XSportSeeker

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
That's it! I'll try the DOS version... I doubt I'll be seeing anoying warning messages there... heaiuheoiah
Samsung still rocks then... seems like I won't regret then, feel relieved. One friend of mine bought a NEC HD and had major problems... though long time ago... not to mention lots of people I know who bought the infamous Western Digital problematic series (which by the way, made me start buying Quantum HDs instead of Western Digital).

sjonnie

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2001
Bah! Why bother with manufacturer's programs for installation? Just plug it in, start windows and run Disk Management.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/myanandtech.html?member=114979" target="_new">My PCs</A> :cool: