3HDs, 1CDWriter and 1DVDWriter... too much?

XSportSeeker

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
I'm planning on buying a DVD-Writer, and have a *little* problem here.
My system setup:
MB - MSI KT6 Delta
IDE1 - Master: Maxtor/Quantum 80Gb HD
Slave: Quantum 12Gb HD
IDE2 - Master: LG 8320b Combo drive
Slave: Quantum 8Gb HD

And also a 120Gb Seagate HD SATA

Ok, so I have a "too much stuff" problem...
I really wanted to keep 'em all, but don't know if I can still find a triple IDE cable nowadays, and it's probably not worth it.
Also, there are no extra IDE channels on my motherboard... so, do you have any sugestions, or is it better for me to dispose one of my precious HDs? :/
Seems like I already answered my own question... but if you have any opinions for me to keep everything running, that'd be nice... :D

Woodman

Distinguished
May 8, 2002
Maybe get a PCI card with more IDE connections. Personally though, I'd dump that 8GB drive.

-----
Wanted: Wet Nurse needed for 25 yr old male. Payment in bed credits.

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Me sar running 1 4x DVD burner, 1 40x samsung burner, 1 12x HP burner, 2 hdd's on a raid, 1 120GB HDD, and 1 250GB HDD. PCI cards are wonderful for such purposes.

SEX is like math. Add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and hope you dont multiply

XSportSeeker

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Thankz guys! I've had completely forgotten the option IDE Card option... last time I used somthing like that was on a Pentium 100Mhz machine that had COM ports ruined due to some *ahem* bad experimentation... heaiuoehae
I'll be thinking about this... but since I've heard it's very helpful to give each HD/CD/DVD drive it's own IDE channel, I'll eventually buy an IDE card anyways... :D
[]'s!