I have a HP Officejet 710 All-in-one,when I try to install my printer it dose
not install,I keep getting a message,C:\Windows\System32\AutoExec.NT.The
system files not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows
Applications.What can I do to install this printer?
--
Referee27

HP OfficeJet 700 Series All-in-One Driver for Windows XP
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?dlc=en&lc=en&os=228&product=58127&lang=en&cc=us&softwareitem=oj-22748-1

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Referee27" wrote:

| I have a HP Officejet 710 All-in-one,when I try to install my printer it dose
| not install,I keep getting a message,C:\Windows\System32\AutoExec.NT.The
| system files not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows
| Applications.What can I do to install this printer?
| --
| Referee27

You've just lost a file... don't panic.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Referee27" <Referee27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a HP Officejet 710 All-in-one,when I try to install my printer it
>dose
> not install,I keep getting a message,C:\Windows\System32\AutoExec.NT.The
> system files not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows
> Applications.What can I do to install this printer?
> --
> Referee27

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Referee27 wrote:

> I have a HP Officejet 710 All-in-one,when I try to install my printer it dose
> not install,I keep getting a message,C:\Windows\System32\AutoExec.NT.The
> system files not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows
> Applications.What can I do to install this printer?

Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit
Windows-based program
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=324767

Also can be caused by a Trojan installing a file windupdater.exe and
creating registry entries for that file.
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=5f6f139.0409140618.749324fe%40posting.google.com

AVAST (free antivirus software) can be the cause if SP2 is installed:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=8PCdnSzBqtmadsPcRVn-gQ%40comcast.com

You can put back the standard version of autoexec.nt by copying a backup
copy held in windows\repair to windows\system32.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

TRENDING THREADS