Sign in with
Your question

New HP laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
October 1, 2008 11:15:46 AM

Good day friends.. My name is anthony fareri and new to the boards..

I just got my new laptop from HP and it came with vista.. I'm sure a few people had the same question, but not able to find any answers. I would like to know If im able to take vista out and install XP.
I have the dv7t series model. My second question is I see they now offer 8 gigs with the same mobo that I have. Since they didnt offer that with mine at the time, can I add 8 gigs of ram in my laptop or Its not poss.? thanks for your help

More about : laptop

a b D Laptop
October 1, 2008 2:13:26 PM

If you want 8GB of ram, you'll need a 64 bit OS, and if you want that, Vista x64 is pretty much the only way to go.

There's no reason to choose XP over Vista, Vista is an excellent operating system, and has a lot of improvements over XP. The stereotypical problems with Vista were all fixed with SP1.
October 1, 2008 9:51:57 PM

Thanks Frozen.. I have 64bit.. Do you think I have a good latop? I have the 2.53 new cpu and have been saving up for a laptop till something good came out.. Plus the I have the

512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT , which this is the first time hp is selling high end cards:)  Thanks for your help:) 
Related resources
a b D Laptop
October 1, 2008 11:56:36 PM

a "good" laptop is really a relative term - to an office/web user, your notebook is god, and in the gaming world, it's relatively above average.

It's a fine notebook, though, and as long as you like the way it serves you, that's really all that matters.

Game on.
October 8, 2008 8:45:04 AM

Frozen thanks for the help brother.. I'm a web developer and gamer... this is my first time using vista and buying a laptop belivie it or not.. haha.. Just wanted to make sure I picked the right laptop for what I do.. thanks for everything frozen.
!