Need Judge-compatible mapper

The corporate firewall here at my office just learned how to block
floc.net. As a consequence, though I can still get all my judge email, I
can't access the mapping page I have always used to get a pretty overview
of my games.

Are there any stand-alone mapping programs that I can feed judge output to
in order to get a map?

I would even be willing to pay a modest shareware registration fee or
somesuch...

Any advice welcome. Please keep in mind though that any web-links are
likely to either already be blocked or stop working after the first time I
surf them.

I do have a home computer, and *can* access my stuff from there, but
sometimes I need to respond to something from the judge sooner than 8
hours from now... and it's very helpful to have a good colorized map to
look at when I'm doing it.

Thanks
Gene P.
Slidell LA

--
Alcore Nilth - The Mad Alchemist of Gevbeck
alcore@uurth.com

Gene P. wrote:
> The corporate firewall here at my office just learned how to block
> floc.net. As a consequence, though I can still get all my judge
> email, I can't access the mapping page I have always used to get a
> pretty overview of my games.
>
> Are there any stand-alone mapping programs that I can feed judge
> output to in order to get a map?

There are a number of mapping programs available at:
http://devel.diplom.org/DipPouch/Online/mapsoftware.html

The DipChief zip-file:
http://devel.diplom.org/DipPouch/Online/software/DipChief1_3_3.zip
is 859K, so it will fit on a floppy.

Eric.

"Eric Hunter" <hunter90@comcast.not> writes:

> Gene P. wrote:
> > The corporate firewall here at my office just learned how to block
> > floc.net. As a consequence, though I can still get all my judge
> > email, I can't access the mapping page I have always used to get a
> > pretty overview of my games.
> >
> > Are there any stand-alone mapping programs that I can feed judge
> > output to in order to get a map?
>
> There are a number of mapping programs available at:
> http://devel.diplom.org/DipPouch/Online/mapsoftware.html

Mapit is the software that floc.net uses. Very user friendly even
though not that much pointy-clicky.

/Luna
--
Daniel Luna | Top reasons that I have a beard:
luna@update.uu.se | a) Laziness.

On 10 Mar 2005, Daniel Luna wrote:

>"Eric Hunter" <hunter90@comcast.not> writes:
>
>> Gene P. wrote:
>> > The corporate firewall here at my office just learned how to block
>> > floc.net. As a consequence, though I can still get all my judge
>> > email, I can't access the mapping page I have always used to get a
>> > pretty overview of my games.
>> >
>> > Are there any stand-alone mapping programs that I can feed judge
>> > output to in order to get a map?
>>
>> There are a number of mapping programs available at:
>> http://devel.diplom.org/DipPouch/Online/mapsoftware.html
>
>Mapit is the software that floc.net uses. Very user friendly even
>though not that much pointy-clicky.

I tried DipChief... but it won't display a complete map after retreats and
won't build a map from a status update.

I downloaded Mapit... but it seems to generate corrupt postscript when
built on my system... and I don't know why. (It wouldn't even build
until I removed a declaration of the "strstr" function from the source.)

Of course, it *might* be generating postscript just fine... but the tools
at my disposal to *view* postscript all barf when I feed it to them.

AAACK!

My ideal situation would be a tool that outputs a jpeg or gif... from
judge output...

Mapit *looks* like it's 95% of the tool that I want. Can anyone offer any
suggestions for how to build it properly or how to get a pre-compiled
pc-linux binary?

Thanks,
Gene P.

--
Alcore Nilth - The Mad Alchemist of Gevbeck
alcore@uurth.com

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Gene P. wrote:

[snip]
>I downloaded Mapit... but it seems to generate corrupt postscript when
>built on my system... and I don't know why. (It wouldn't even build
>until I removed a declaration of the "strstr" function from the source.)
[snip]

Update: Apparently it generates postscript just fine... it's the tools
I've been trying to view it with that are broken.

Thanks for the advice!

Gene P.