Start Menu/All Programs is empty but shortcuts exist in al..

All Programs in my Start Menu is empty, No Programs, No Accessories.
(I am on Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2)

I have checked my Documents and Settings folders and found that all of my
shortcuts still exist there, however they do not show up in my Start Menu.

How do I correct this?

Try going to Start>Run type: regedit click Ok Navigate to
HKey_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current
Version\Explorer\Menu Order\StartMenu2 Folder Delete it.
Restart and see if All Programs is rebuilt.
"djh86" <djh86@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All Programs in my Start Menu is empty, No Programs, No Accessories.
> (I am on Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2)
>
> I have checked my Documents and Settings folders and found that all of my
> shortcuts still exist there, however they do not show up in my Start Menu.
>
> How do I correct this?

Thanks Rich but No Luck.

However this did get me thinking that this may be a registry problem.
As I was looking through the registry for HKey_Local_Machine I found a
couple duplicate folders.
Specifically HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellExtensions.

None of the profiles on this computer seem to be able to see the default
shortcuts for Programs or Accessories. It makes me think that the root path
has been set incorrectly through one of my updates. (I was also installing
new software and the change could have occurred there also.)

This problem started when I was updating this computer (Dell:Inspiron 600m)
with Windows and Dell Updates. Unfortunately I cannot remember the order
that the updates were done.