Sign in with
Your question

Viewsonic VX922 vs Samsung 940BF

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 3, 2006 6:14:08 PM

I am deciding between these two monitors for my first lcd. Both are around the top end of my budget.

My computer activities consist of:
-Games (FPS and RPG)
-internet and word processing
-watching dvds

I'd like my monitor to work well for all of these and look great. I do think I'm fairly sensitive to ghosting though.

So should I go for the Samsung 940BF, the Viewsonic VX922, or do you have other suggestions for around the same price?

Which has the best image quality for things like movies and pictures?
July 4, 2006 3:10:49 PM

I'm sure someone can help me out!

People must have experiences with at least one of these monitors! I think they're fairly popular.
July 4, 2006 7:46:50 PM

Here are the Newegg links:

viewsonic VX922

Samsung 940bf

Edit: looks like we're going for 200 views without a single response.

Thanks!
Related resources
July 8, 2006 1:10:16 AM

Uh... yeah... just dropped by... Don't really visit too much yet... You did read the Spring 2006 19" Monitor Roundup, right?

VX922 blew the Samsung 960BF away, except maybe in office applications. Now of course, your hobbies are video games, video, and word processing... So it sort of depends... I personbally type on the VX922 which I own, and I have no problem with it, though it is bright a bit much for the eyes when just typing... DVD looks rather nice, but of course, not as good as the VX930b.

Especially with this Samsung which has 2ms response time? The overshoot on it must be crazy...

Go with the VX922 man.
July 8, 2006 3:47:16 AM

Thank you so much for the reply!

It's nice to know someone else has compared the two. I think I will go with the VX922. I'd like to look at both of them in action, but I can't find a store that has the 940bf on display.
July 8, 2006 5:01:37 AM

Yeah... I'm a bit of a Viewsonic fanboy... however, I believe the numbers have been demonstrated. There's always the VP930b, but you don't want 8ms refresh time it seems. VX922 is the most stable LCD as far as 19" 2ms monitors go... Unless someone can point out another?
July 8, 2006 9:28:34 AM

Dude i bought this monitor (VX922) like Friday last week and it is freakin awesome!

Totally worth the $250.00 i paid. Doesn't get hot, viewing angle is better than my laptop. Doesn't have an auto image adjust. MUST BUY. I play BF2 daily and i'll never go back to my CRT. EVER

Good luck.
July 8, 2006 7:19:03 PM

thanks for the replies.

Its starting to sound like the viewsonic is running away with the win between it and the samsung.

I don't think many people know much about the 940BF, but I don't want to risk anything. I can't find many reviews for it.

As for the VP930b, I think its a bit too much money for me. I wanted to spend around $250, but it does look nice!

I'm not insisting on 2ms, so if people have other suggestions, feel free to tell me. I would probably take anything 8 ms or under as long as I read that there is no significant ghosting, since I've read that the response times are often measured different ways.

What about LG? I was looking at a 1952tx for a while. It's a little cheaper and 8ms.
!