Jpeg Height?

Images are shown with Width*Height - any way I can search for/sort by Height?

Or a piece of freeware?

Tony
10 answers Last reply
More about jpeg height

    If you put it in the containing text field in search all properties are searched. There is a dimension property (eg 640x480 whiich is the one shown) and individual height and width fields.

    You can configure XP and learn a search language to specifically search one field. Start - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Services And Applications - Indexing Service then choose Help and read about it.

    "David Candy" wrote:

    > If you put it in the containing text field in search all properties are searched. There is a dimension property (eg 640x480 whiich is the one shown) and individual height and width fields.

    Can't see a "height" property only dimensions?

    > You can configure XP and learn a search language to specifically search one field. Start - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Services And Applications - Indexing Service then choose Help and read about it.
    > --

    Despite being a mainframe prog for 30 years can't make head-nor-tail of this.

    "David Candy" wrote:

    > Well just put it in the containing text box.
    >
    > Height and width are unnamed so maybe aren't in the UI. The attached file will prove the height and width exists. Drop a folder on it and look on your desktop for a file.

    What attached file?

    Sorry to be dim!

    Telmore wrote:

    > "David Candy" wrote:
    >

    >>Well just put it in the containing text box.
    >>
    >>Height and width are unnamed so maybe aren't in the UI. The attached file will prove the height and width exists. Drop a folder on it and look on your desktop for a file.
    >>

    > What attached file?
    >
    > Sorry to be dim!

    You're using the web interface which is awful and won't allow you to see
    attached files. Use a newsreader. One option is XP's built in reader,
    Outlook Express.

    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    I've got that sorted - I now get a 'HEAVY' looking message about running a
    malicous script when I try and open it - should I worry?

    "Rock" wrote:

    > Telmore wrote:
    >

    > > "David Candy" wrote:
    > >

    > >>Well just put it in the containing text box.
    > >>
    > >>Height and width are unnamed so maybe aren't in the UI. The attached file will prove the height and width exists. Drop a folder on it and look on your desktop for a file.
    > >>

    > > What attached file?
    > >
    > > Sorry to be dim!
    > >

    > You're using the web interface which is awful and won't allow you to see
    > attached files. Use a newsreader. One option is XP's built in reader,
    > Outlook Express.
    > http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
    >

    > --
    > Rock
    > MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    That's just the stupidity of your AV program. I post it here frequently. Noone ever complained.

    "Telmore" <Telmore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDB03D63-8809-4900-B81F-988A8F396A0F@microsoft.com...
    > I've got that sorted - I now get a 'HEAVY' looking message about running a
    > malicous script when I try and open it - should I worry?
    >
    > "Rock" wrote:
    >
    >> Telmore wrote:

    >> > What attached file?
    >> >
    >> > Sorry to be dim!
    >> >

    >> You're using the web interface which is awful and won't allow you to see
    >> attached files. Use a newsreader. One option is XP's built in reader,
    >> Outlook Express.
    >> http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
    >>

    >> --
    >> Rock
    >> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Thanks - now how do I use it?

    Sorry to be dim!

    Tony
    "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    That's just the stupidity of your AV program. I post it here frequently.
    Noone ever complained.

    "Telmore" <Telmore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've got that sorted - I now get a 'HEAVY' looking message about running a
    > malicous script when I try and open it - should I worry?
    >
    > "Rock" wrote:
    >
    >> Telmore wrote:

    >> > What attached file?
    >> >
    >> > Sorry to be dim!
    >> >

    >> You're using the web interface which is awful and won't allow you to see
    >> attached files. Use a newsreader. One option is XP's built in reader,
    >> Outlook Express.
    >> http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
    >>

    >> --
    >> Rock
    >> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Drop a folder on it and a list of that folder's files will appear on the desktop called Folder List.txt with all a file's properties, as determined by Explorer, in it. It's meant to be imported into excel as many properties don't apply to any particular file, eg Graphics don't have a duration while music files do.

    "Tony Elmore" <the.elmores@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:udRZ92teFHA.1328@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > Thanks - now how do I use it?
    >
    > Sorry to be dim!
    >
    > Tony
    > "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    > That's just the stupidity of your AV program. I post it here frequently.
    > Noone ever complained.

    > "Telmore" <Telmore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> I've got that sorted - I now get a 'HEAVY' looking message about running a
    >> malicous script when I try and open it - should I worry?

    >>> You're using the web interface which is awful and won't allow you to see
    >>> attached files. Use a newsreader. One option is XP's built in reader,
    >>> Outlook Express.
    >>> http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Rock
    >>> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Can you explain how I 'drop a folder on it' - all I get at the moment is a
    subsript error.

    Thanks for your help.

    Drop a folder on it and a list of that folder's files will appear on the
    desktop called Folder List.txt with all a file's properties, as determined
    by Explorer, in it. It's meant to be imported into excel as many properties
    don't apply to any particular file, eg Graphics don't have a duration while
    music files do.

    "Tony Elmore" <the.elmores@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks - now how do I use it?
    >
    > Sorry to be dim!
    >
    > Tony
    > "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    > That's just the stupidity of your AV program. I post it here frequently.
    > Noone ever complained.

    > "Telmore" <Telmore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> I've got that sorted - I now get a 'HEAVY' looking message about running
    >> malicous script when I try and open it - should I worry?

    >>> You're using the web interface which is awful and won't allow you to see
    >>> attached files. Use a newsreader. One option is XP's built in reader,
    >>> Outlook Express.
    >>> http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Rock
    >>> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Put file on desktop, open an explorer window and select the folder My Pictures, drag the folder and drop it on the file,

    OR,

    Type Sendto in Start Run, put file in send to, r/c My Pictures folder, choose Send To, PrintDetailsAppend

    Whichever way, a file will appear on the Desktop with a property list of files in the folder.

Freeware Microsoft Windows XP