Images are shown with Width*Height - any way I can search for/sort by Height?

Or a piece of freeware?

Tony

If you put it in the containing text field in search all properties are searched. There is a dimension property (eg 640x480 whiich is the one shown) and individual height and width fields.

You can configure XP and learn a search language to specifically search one field. Start - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Services And Applications - Indexing Service then choose Help and read about it.

"David Candy" wrote:

> If you put it in the containing text field in search all properties are searched. There is a dimension property (eg 640x480 whiich is the one shown) and individual height and width fields.

Can't see a "height" property only dimensions?

> You can configure XP and learn a search language to specifically search one field. Start - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Services And Applications - Indexing Service then choose Help and read about it.
> --

Despite being a mainframe prog for 30 years can't make head-nor-tail of this.

"David Candy" wrote:

> Well just put it in the containing text box.
>
> Height and width are unnamed so maybe aren't in the UI. The attached file will prove the height and width exists. Drop a folder on it and look on your desktop for a file.

What attached file?

Sorry to be dim!

> "Telmore" <Telmore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E744A0B8-A2A3-491E-A25B-EBF17D1D964A@microsoft.com...
> >

> > "David Candy" wrote:
> >
> >> If you put it in the containing text field in search all properties are searched. There is a dimension property (eg 640x480 whiich is the one shown) and individual height and width fields.
> >>

> > Can't see a "height" property only dimensions?
> >
> >> You can configure XP and learn a search language to specifically search one field. Start - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Services And Applications - Indexing Service then choose Help and read about it.
> >> --
> >
> > Despite being a mainframe prog for 30 years can't make head-nor-tail of this

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Telmore wrote:

> "David Candy" wrote:
>

>>Well just put it in the containing text box.
>>
>>Height and width are unnamed so maybe aren't in the UI. The attached file will prove the height and width exists. Drop a folder on it and look on your desktop for a file.
>>

> What attached file?
>
> Sorry to be dim!

You're using the web interface which is awful and won't allow you to see
attached files. Use a newsreader. One option is XP's built in reader,
Outlook Express.

Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

I've got that sorted - I now get a 'HEAVY' looking message about running a
malicous script when I try and open it - should I worry?

"Rock" wrote:

> Telmore wrote:
>

> > "David Candy" wrote:
> >

> >>Well just put it in the containing text box.
> >>
> >>Height and width are unnamed so maybe aren't in the UI. The attached file will prove the height and width exists. Drop a folder on it and look on your desktop for a file.
> >>

> > What attached file?
> >
> > Sorry to be dim!
> >

> You're using the web interface which is awful and won't allow you to see
> attached files. Use a newsreader. One option is XP's built in reader,
> Outlook Express.
> http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
>

> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

That's just the stupidity of your AV program. I post it here frequently. Noone ever complained.

"Telmore" <Telmore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDB03D63-8809-4900-B81F-988A8F396A0F@microsoft.com...
> I've got that sorted - I now get a 'HEAVY' looking message about running a
> malicous script when I try and open it - should I worry?
>
> "Rock" wrote:
>
>> Telmore wrote:

>> > What attached file?
>> >
>> > Sorry to be dim!
>> >

>> You're using the web interface which is awful and won't allow you to see
>> attached files. Use a newsreader. One option is XP's built in reader,
>> Outlook Express.
>> http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
>>

>> --
>> Rock
>> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Thanks - now how do I use it?

Sorry to be dim!

Tony
"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
That's just the stupidity of your AV program. I post it here frequently.
Noone ever complained.

"Telmore" <Telmore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've got that sorted - I now get a 'HEAVY' looking message about running a
> malicous script when I try and open it - should I worry?
>
> "Rock" wrote:
>
>> Telmore wrote:

>> > What attached file?
>> >
>> > Sorry to be dim!
>> >

>> You're using the web interface which is awful and won't allow you to see
>> attached files. Use a newsreader. One option is XP's built in reader,
>> Outlook Express.
>> http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
>>

>> --
>> Rock
>> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Drop a folder on it and a list of that folder's files will appear on the desktop called Folder List.txt with all a file's properties, as determined by Explorer, in it. It's meant to be imported into excel as many properties don't apply to any particular file, eg Graphics don't have a duration while music files do.

"Tony Elmore" <the.elmores@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:udRZ92teFHA.1328@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Thanks - now how do I use it?
>
> Sorry to be dim!
>
> Tony
> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> That's just the stupidity of your AV program. I post it here frequently.
> Noone ever complained.

> "Telmore" <Telmore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I've got that sorted - I now get a 'HEAVY' looking message about running a
>> malicous script when I try and open it - should I worry?

>>> You're using the web interface which is awful and won't allow you to see
>>> attached files. Use a newsreader. One option is XP's built in reader,
>>> Outlook Express.
>>> http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
>>>

>>> --
>>> Rock
>>> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Can you explain how I 'drop a folder on it' - all I get at the moment is a
subsript error.

Thanks for your help.

Drop a folder on it and a list of that folder's files will appear on the
desktop called Folder List.txt with all a file's properties, as determined
by Explorer, in it. It's meant to be imported into excel as many properties
don't apply to any particular file, eg Graphics don't have a duration while
music files do.

"Tony Elmore" <the.elmores@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Thanks - now how do I use it?
>
> Sorry to be dim!
>
> Tony
> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> That's just the stupidity of your AV program. I post it here frequently.
> Noone ever complained.

> "Telmore" <Telmore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I've got that sorted - I now get a 'HEAVY' looking message about running
>> malicous script when I try and open it - should I worry?

>>> You're using the web interface which is awful and won't allow you to see
>>> attached files. Use a newsreader. One option is XP's built in reader,
>>> Outlook Express.
>>> http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
>>>

>>> --
>>> Rock
>>> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Put file on desktop, open an explorer window and select the folder My Pictures, drag the folder and drop it on the file,

OR,

Type Sendto in Start Run, put file in send to, r/c My Pictures folder, choose Send To, PrintDetailsAppend

Whichever way, a file will appear on the Desktop with a property list of files in the folder.

TRENDING THREADS